ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Glass

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
What are people's issue with Sky Q?

I have a fairly new (8 months old) HDR box and it's brilliant. Works perfectly every time, the UI is imo the best out there, no sound sync issues which I'm quite sensitive to, and great picture quality. My only criticisms are inconsistent parental controls across channels (but I think this is an overly protective BBC issue) and no DV support which means I still resort to the TV's Netflix app.

Oxyuris

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So the new HDMI leads seem to have fixed many of the problems, which is as surprising as it is pleasant. It does seem quite odd but since fitting the puck has behaved flawlessly.

However I've just sat down to watch MOTD which has just finished. It is in my playlist, so should be 'recorded' to the cloud, but I cannot because Sky is now directing me to the iPlayer app and it's not available on there yet...

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
So the new HDMI leads seem to have fixed many of the problems, which is as surprising as it is pleasant. It does seem quite odd but since fitting the puck has behaved flawlessly.

However I've just sat down to watch MOTD which has just finished. It is in my playlist, so should be 'recorded' to the cloud, but I cannot because Sky is now directing me to the iPlayer app and it's not available on there yet...
Usually goes on after midnight

Oxyuris

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Usually goes on after midnight
Usually... however it's still not available.
But the problem is I'm now paying for a SkyGlass subscription whereas a similarly priced Sky+ or SkyQ subscription would have just recorded it for me. I've always been able to watch it on iPlayer but have never needed to because it's just been recorded for me by my Sky box.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Usually... however it's still not available.
But the problem is I'm now paying for a SkyGlass subscription whereas a similarly priced Sky+ or SkyQ subscription would have just recorded it for me. I've always been able to watch it on iPlayer but have never needed to because it's just been recorded for me by my Sky box.
This is exactly the reason why I won’t be switching to Sky Glass.

Oxyuris

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This is exactly the reason why I won’t be switching to Sky Glass.
It could be great but the pucks are a real let down and not being able to record anything to any cloud is verging on mis-selling. However with my situation I'm going to stick with it and keep my fingers crossed that things get better.
Another fault I missed from my massive moan further up is that it keeps forgetting that I've paid for UHD and have a UHD TV and changing the resolution, so I have to manually change it back. Unfortunately this happened again this morning so the new HDMI lead hasn't cured everything.

Clio 197,with megan'
HDMI leads cause many problems, make sure the cable you buy is HDMI certified, it will tell you on the packaging.

172PH1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
I won a sky glass tv with UHD package and sports and cinema through work for 12 months. Got to say the 55 inch tv is a bulky old thing aint it

We've gone from virgin media where you can record stuff as like many other packages so not being able to record or set reminders takes a bit of getting used to

However the picture and the sound is great

Cannot complain really for a freebie through work

Reactions: Ben
  Abarth 595
Another bad point for Glass. Cant order BT box office through it, so all a bit of a ballache for the boxing tonight.