ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sneak Preview - Samco's new Induction pipe for 172/182 clio

Here it is - went to pick it up tonight - fits really well, is very strong - 4 layers of silicon plus an inner layer which is resistant to oil so will not deteriorate inside with the oil that comes from the breather. Breather and induction pipe are all one piece. It is really well made and in my eyes looks really good.

Should be for sale soon through k-tec etc not sure on price though.

Quite nice having a mod that no-one else has yet - shall get some good pics on firday once I have cleaned it all and some other parts arrive from the polishers

CIMG1426.jpg

CIMG1425.jpg

CIMG1427.jpg

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
So she's staying then.

The elbow looks good although I, personally don't think the cost above and beyond a straight elbow with no breather is worth it. yours was F.O.C though so all good.

yeah its cool aint it.

Len - Still not sure mate - A lady from Ireland is arranging a flight to cardiff and a ferry to take the car home on. My thinking now is if she wants it she can have it otherwise Ill keep it.
As you said this was free and Samco want to take some pics of the car to use to advertise the pipe so had to fit it. If I sell the car its coming off and the hill power will go back on - ill sell the new one then as should be worth more!
Ive got a load of parts coming back from the polishers on friday that I bought before I decided to sell it - they are one off billet aluminium covers and should look great so will probably sell them too

MCG - Direct from Samco - Its the first one they have made - was only made this afternoon! should be available soon in all colours - I might have a few for sale soon

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Might sound like a dumb question, but what's the difference between that and a normal 90 degree pipe? Don't get me wrong looks amazing, just wondered!!

differences are:

Breather pipe
72mm on the throttle body end - 70mm the other for good fitment.
Very strong 4-ply constriction
Numerous Colours available
Initial Layer is Oil proof so that oil that returns from the breather does not damage the hose.
Very well made - everything is qulaity checked.
The breather pipe is a much tighter fit so no oil leaks (as the renault ones do)

I am taking the car in tomorrow so they can have a look and make any adjustments they feel necessary but its all good in my eyes

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Looks quality mate:D

Whats the fit like against the ECU cable, my Hill Power was a little snug and squashed a little in that area. Was alittle fiddly trying to trim it down to get it fitted in comfortably.

I was down my local Metal Finishers last week helping Matty J remove plenum & gaurd for polishing....I was having a good chat with the guy and he showed me some bits;) machined from billet aluminium;) i thought they look just the job, can you give me the guys contact details. Maybe it is a small world and I already know the guy;) First dibs on them bits if I can afford em??????

clio 172
Quite nice having a mod that no-one else has yet - shall get some good pics on firday once I have cleaned it all and some other parts arrive from the polishers

sorry was that when u have cleaned it look how clean it is allready lol

Audi TT 225
Why wont you listen to me and stop trying to sell this car joo mad man!!! :D
Been trying to persuade you for weeks! Stick a poll up on who thinks tim should keep it!

God Im missing mine and its only gone for a short while... waaaaah waaaah :(

Think how you'll feel once some shmuck drives off with all your hard work!
My old car had all the engine minted up, £300+ worth of stainless covers, caps, plates in the engine, samco's etc ...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/richmcc/DSCF1213.jpg
Then the kid wrote it off about 3 weeks after I sold it.

sorry Andy but its going on Samco's website as well!! lol

youve got the prototype so no other pics I could use - thats the only picture I have of the billet pieces fitted as well so I might have to use it again if you dont mind

have you had the new camber bolts and the stereo yet?

sorry Andy but its going on Samco's website as well!! lol

youve got the prototype so no other pics I could use - thats the only picture I have of the billet pieces fitted as well so I might have to use it again if you dont mind

have you had the new camber bolts and the stereo yet?

No problem, you know where to send the cheque for the royalties, Camber bolts from Ktec are same H&R's that are on - so that's no good, HU still out of stock, new plate details arrived so just need the revised V5 and I can then give you ownership of your plate back.
ANDY

you should phone the company that did my tracking set up - they sold camberbolts and said they are far better quality.

V5 shouldnt be much longer I wouldnt have thought