ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sonic Purple respray (172MKII)

Titanium 182

looks nice

would look mint on some cup wheels

i dont think standard cars suit resprays in non standard colours

is it real or pshop?

Lee

BMW M2C

Nice colour.

Odd, its got the little lip in the centre of the windscreen at the top. 172/182s dont have that.

Rick they must have been out of the windscreen rubbers when yours was made. That raised lip in the centre at the top that Lees keen eye spotted is fitted to models with sunroofs.It kicks the airflow upwards and stops the wind buffeting and making a stupid noise when the sunroof is open.

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 22 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 22 June 2005

Look good, but I must say I prefered it in red. ;)

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=166324&PagePosition=5http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=166324&PagePosition=5

But Ill let you off meggerman, cos I think that purple looks kind of cool!

busted
thats because it was such a great picture to begin with. ;)

as far as photoshop is concerned it was for research as im considering a respray in BMW M3 EVO Techno Violet for my 172MKII although il be searching through violet/purple colours for the best match before its done.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 22 June 2005
Rick they must have been out of the windscreen rubbers when yours was made. That raised lip in the centre at the top that Lees keen eye spotted is fitted to models with sunroofs.It kicks the airflow upwards and stops the wind buffeting and making a stupid noise when the sunroof is open.

Hmm, well theres actually a story behind that. It involves a ditch, a low hanging tree and some sideways action on the A46. Whoops.....

Result = one new roof skin.

No idea why it came with the wrong seal tho.

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 23 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 22 June 2005Rick they must have been out of the windscreen rubbers when yours was made. That raised lip in the centre at the top that Lees keen eye spotted is fitted to models with sunroofs.It kicks the airflow upwards and stops the wind buffeting and making a stupid noise when the sunroof is open.

Hmm, well theres actually a story behind that. It involves a ditch, a low hanging tree and some sideways action on the A46. Whoops.....

Result = one new roof skin.

No idea why it came with the wrong seal tho.

oops, makes sense now.

paintshop or not this still looks sweet to me. Had me for a minute as the sun seems to reflect off the side.

Is i just me or are the wipers around the wrong way? Or the right way for our right hand drive cars?

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Thats a GORGEOUS colour... Id love a car in that colour...

Purple = My favorite colour :D

Even if its a photoshop...

Quote: Originally posted by Wan82 on 23 June 2005

paintshop or not this still looks sweet to me. Had me for a minute as the sun seems to reflect off the side.

Is i just me or are the wipers around the wrong way? Or the right way for our right hand drive cars?
i flipped the image around so as to give it a different feel. it really is a smart colour and i have been given the go ahead by my misus to get it done. yay

Quote: Originally posted by carbon copy on 22 June 2005

lovely!

looks like midnight purple on the R33 & R34 GT-Rs

--chris
Sorry to say, but the midnight purple is a tad different to that. Especially o the R34, it is almost pearlescent.

However it does look goo