ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky V6/172 Drivers Seat

Clio RS 172 Ph2

The nice leather/alcantara drivers seat in my Vee (but also fitted in the 172s)has developed a really spine tingling squeak when going over bumps etc.

It seems to be whenever the seat rocks, i.e. tilts back/forth slightly. Adjusting the height of the seat can improve it for a while but it comes back.

Ive tried spraying WD40 all round the seat base, the hinge area, etc., but again makes no difference.

Is this a common problem that I have to live with, or is there a cure for this, or an area which I maybe have missed with the old trusty oil can?!? Please help, its driving me bonkers when driving round town!

Cheers,

Dave

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Mine creaks (if thats the word) thought it was my posterior causing the problem!! :oops:

Clio RS 172 Ph2

No this is a metallic sound, not so much creaking, more sort of "screeching" its a real spine tingling sound.