ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sooo.....
Managed to pick this up very cheap so thought it would be rude not to buy it and turn it into a dedicated track car / trailer queen and hopefully take Part in the Tricolore series next year.
It's a 2004 182 cup so I'm told but a few have already pointed out the lack of boot spoiler, not sure why yet. Seems standard apart from cat back stainless scorpion exhaust.

Anyway onto the pictures, on the way home from buying it.
IMG_0398.JPG

Unloaded and a very quick clean
IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

Clouded headlights need attention

IMG_0401.JPG

Will update with progress as it developes.

Box of goodies from RPD.
Cambelt, pulley, water pump, locking tools, aux belt, tensioner & all other associated parts.
IMG_0426.JPG

So I stripped out the rear seats, all rear plastics, headlining & seat belts this afternoon. It's amazing the crap that gathers under the seats.
I found a small puddle of water under the rear bench, is there a common problem I'm not aware of? The rear footwell carpet is also wet?
IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Love the way titanium silver reacts to sunlight, it's not uncommon for the plastic bungs just inside the rear lights where the boot shuts to leak, was the boot carpet damp too?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Clio 182 cups came in rb and inferno. Clio In silver is either a normal 182 or the FF 182.

Anyway. Good luck with the plans :)

SQ5
I imagine it's cup suspension and didn't get the cup spoiler package as it's also got the anthracite wheels

Managed to get some more time on it today. I measured the front strut to hub assembly bolt centres, they measure 60mm which I'm led to believe is cup suspension. This ties in with the original sales invoice I have too. For some reason it just never had the rear spoiler or front lip.
First up I thought I'd sort the rear brakes out. Out with the old and in with the new, I'll let the pictures tell the story.
IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

Lovely job.

Next up was a set of new Bosch wipers. Anyone know which side the spoiler wiper should be on?? I guessed at passengers side?
IMG_0473.JPG

Then I removed the A pillar trims, front door trims and door cards.
IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

Then decided to remove the front bumper to loose the headlight washers and fog lights. One light was cracked anyway so I want to make them into brake cooling ducts. Both bolts inside each wheel arch were seized and the clip just kept spinning round, couldn't get a grip of the clips so I had to drill the heads off the bolts.
IMG_0491.JPG

Then removed lights and washer jets from the rear of bumper.
IMG_0484.JPG

Check out the aux belt!!
IMG_0483.JPG

Fitted a panel filter
IMG_0489.JPG

Then generally had a look about. Anyone know what the rectangular box below inlet is? Is it some sort of dampener/ balance weight?
IMG_0490.JPG

I then had a quick go at wet sanding the headlights. Still needs a fair amount of work but a big improvement for 10 minutes work.
Before
IMG_0497.JPG

After
IMG_0496.JPG

That's it for today. Belts are next on the list.

So little update:

Decided to have a day on it over Christmas after spending some money on a collection of parts. First up it was on the ramp and make a start on the cambelt. I don't have any evidence of it being changed and it's just turned 120k so for peace of mind I changed it along with dephaser, water pump, aux belt and tensioner. I used genuine parts.
IMG_0542.JPG

Hello, some lazy fucker has been here before... seems legit.
IMG_0543.JPG

Timing tools of choice
IMG_0544.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

New parts installed
IMG_0546.JPG

Aux belt....
IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

I also changed ht leads, plugs, coolant, oil and filter. Purrs lovely now.

Then re-fitted front lights after a polish and tested fitted my new 15" alloys, they need a clean but I couldn't wait to see them fitted.
IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

Happy with how it's turning out. Front brakes and suspension re-fresh next on the list.

If anyone is still following..... Where is the best place for longer wheel bolts? These wheels have steel inserts in the holes so I can only get one turn on the standard length bolts. I don't want to run studs as lots of horror stories on here about them either snapping or just coming loose!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Where did you get those wheels from mate. Chap on here was selling the same set, I assume these are them?

Small update:

Not had much spare time on the car but bought a seat and 6 point harness at the autosport show. They finally arrived today, I can't wait to get these fitted, sorry for crappy phone pictures.

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

Off on a long drive at the weekend to have the cage fitted by @Tom Johnson

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
For the record there are two 'cup packs' applicable to standard 182's. One was the handling pack consisting of hubs, shockers and springs, and anthracite wheels. And the other was aesthetic pack which was spoiler and splitter. So basically yours is a 182 with just the handling pack :)

On another note, nice progress!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If anyone is still following..... Where is the best place for longer wheel bolts? These wheels have steel inserts in the holes so I can only get one turn on the standard length bolts. I don't want to run studs as lots of horror stories on here about them either snapping or just coming loose!!

I've run studs now on a couple of track days and had no issues to be fair, as long as you keep a check on them there shouldn't be a problem really.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
It is a horrible job removing that sound deadening but it does tidy the car up nicely, especially if you end up painting the inside too