ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
We must sort a proper sunflower meet next year. Even if mine will be looking a little lowly

I'm so glad you weren't leaving it with the wheels lost like that. Truly amazing car though mate, it just keeps getting better and better. A real credit to you.

Thanks Rob appreciate the kind comments :)

As soon as I fitted the coilovers 2yrs ago now, it just made the wheels look lost so spacers were bought straight away, was a massive improvement

We must sort a proper sunflower meet next year. Even if mine will be looking a little lowly

100% yes we will defo have to arrange a meet.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Easily the best car on this forum! I'm a big fan!

Thanks Ali be better with the 16s done in silver though.[/FONT]

phase1 + boost + yellow

Whats not to like :)

Cheers Chip.
[/FONT]

This. It's epic. Cars like this tempt me to the boosted dark side....must resist....

Thanks pal, haha do it ;) Although youve got good power n/a[/FONT]

Car looks spot on and the power figures are mental. Where did you source your 20mm bolt to hub spacers as I am after a set for mine.

I got them off a friend but I've used venom Motorsport for spacers twice now & they've been spot on both times I've got FK.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Also a better picture of the PAS tank I painted in the summer, done it in gloss black instead of the horrid OEM colour it was.

3A40C69B-FFD0-4A57-A619-751DF1115158-222-000000424BB90BB9.jpg

After removing the aircon I was left with the remains of the pipe work gong into the bulkhead, so I cut them off & cut a piece of perspex to fit the hole & wrapped it in carbon to tidy it up job done.

B6692EA2-6512-4CDB-B67F-35C9F6E75F17-222-000000424752F94B.jpg

If you go to a breaker yard you can remove a plate like this from a 1.2 etc etc
paintnit yellow and swap it out (if you don't want the black corner there

If you go to a breaker yard you can remove a plate like this from a 1.2 etc etc
paintnit yellow and swap it out (if you don't want the black corner there

Thanks for the info dude, i was going to get a panel off a non a/c clio but the above panel was already painted so went with the carbon wrapped insert :)

Love this!

Thanks pal.

Craig post the RR Graph i want too see how this delivers the power compaired to mine :) drop me a Pm if you dont want to publish

No probs Andy ill take a picture of it & upload it, i need to copy the thread over onto Clioturbo too.

You not let this see the sunshine again yet mate?

I taxed just after the start of April Paul, I've just been using it on my days off work.

Well I havnt updated this since December last year due to the fact it's just been tucked up in the garage over winter. It's now taxed & back on the road & I'm loving it :D

D1BBDA8C-5634-4C86-A6FD-7B23A9B21CFD-22091-0000071F2EB50BB4_zps6a0c769b.jpg

Had a problem with it not starting though but I traced it to the fuse board in the engine bay, it was corroded & even with new relays in it wouldn't play ball so I just changed the complete loom for a nice clean one & it fired into life. Also fitted an almost new drivers side driveshaft.

825A5976-0371-4C21-969F-C1EFE4DBA1FB-22091-0000071EFC498A18_zpsc69c8190.jpg

512DF43A-1673-4DA6-B867-3153C4A090B1-22091-0000071F021F378A_zpsf93af165.jpg

Few things still to do though -

I'm fitting new track rod ends today then getting the tracking done.
Getting a silenced centre section made on Saturday as its abit too loud at 70mph now, but sounds amazing under hard accelerating :evil:
Bought a Forge dump valve just waiting for the silicone t-piece to arrive before I can fit it.
Had new brackets made for my brembo calipers & bought a bigger master cylinder so soon as that arrives the brembos will go back on.

Then standalone ecu next month.

Where you from Craig? I've seen this parked at team valley about a year ago.

I've been looking for a sunflower myself but there few and far between

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Needs tyre shine ;) Looking good though! Bet you're pretty chuffed to finally have it out :)

You know how much I love your car mate. What ecu are you going for?

Thanks Paul, I'm going for the Typhoon ecu mate, It's the same unit as the EC1 ecus but there’s no support for that firmware anymore, so it's called typhoon with later firmware etc.[/FONT]

Where you from Craig? I've seen this parked at team valley about a year ago.

I've been looking for a sunflower myself but there few and far between

Im from Middlesbrough mate, I used to go up team valley alot on Sunday's. I know yeah there doesn't seem to be many about & they don't stay forsale long, I'm abit greedy with two lol.
[/FONT]

Needs tyre shine ;) Looking good though! Bet you're pretty chuffed to finally have it out :)

Haha I don't think I'll be bothering with it much on the RS-R's lol. Yeah chuffed to bits mate been having some decent weather so far too.

[/FONT]
Nice wheels buddy!! ;)

Be better when they are bright oem silver :)
[/FONT]

looking well mate, finally got the shaft fitted then lol

Cheers dude, lol yeah finally got them fitted much needed.
[/FONT]

This makes me want a phase 1 :)

Get one mate I've had 7 RS clios now & x3 have been Ph1s & I rate them the best IMO.
[/FONT]

If you ever sell this. I'll w**k you off for it. And then give you cash as well.

Haha mike that sounds like good offer :clap:
[/FONT]

This, but il do it twice and pay you £10 more

Ohh a counter offer :rasp:[/FONT]

you had a new spoiler?

No mate it's been on for almost the 3yrs I've owned it, it's a Renault spoiler from the option list that can't have been picked as Id never seen one before.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
thats what threw me lol

looks sweet!!

love to SC mine!!

looking good

A mate of mine has a 1.2 in this shap but with a twin fireblade conversion. Its so tempting to go for but would need abit cash spending to get it looking half decent.

I've got the utmost respect for this car!
Amazing

Cheers dude :)[/FONT]

A mate of mine has a 1.2 in this shap but with a twin fireblade conversion. Its so tempting to go for but would need abit cash spending to get it looking half decent.

[/FONT]
​I remembered seeing that forsale on eBay.

The perfect PH1.

Nothing else really to say, the cars a credit to you :)

:eek: Thank you mate

Few things done so thought I'd do a little update.

I changed the track rod ends but didn't have time to get the tracking setup & ive been at work all week, so that's getting done today.

8078C256-8FD5-4845-83C2-DE40C94A9A0C-22944-0000075BA6D0337B_zpsd863917e.jpg

I bought a new coolant bottle last year off eBay, but it was s**te quality & the end squashed in, so I just bit the bullet & went to Renault & bought a genuine one £42 mind but it's spot on.

665524A5-919D-447B-83A0-3A5B85F99EE3-11577-000003BB81CD0557_zps6fa5886d.jpg

FB7716CD-CA32-4C8A-BE34-EEE3902BCBB3-11577-000003BB7DD84D87_zpsf961db95.jpg

The black silicone t-piece turned up for the forge dv so that can be fitted now. & bought another 5litres of Millers Nanodrive engine oil it was £10 cheaper than what I paid last time from the local stockist so thought I might as well get some.

283903E0-0640-43AE-B893-052D032A042E-11577-000003BB74EAD959_zps926b1ddd.jpg

62406E4B-6677-4786-9704-A746B6A925C2-11577-000003BB7996D07B_zpsa4507897.jpg