ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

Whoop u never mentioned getting mapped, glad everything is ok mate

I meant to txt you dude but I've been that busy I keep forgetting to do everything lol, Everything went fine but Paul's mapped it on a safe map & said I need a standalone ecu so that's next to do & probs the last thing.

what torque did it make?

Power figures where

320bhp @flywheel
270bhp @wheels
240lbs ft torque

Got a few jobs done too,

Fitted a new driveshaft
Lifted the front coilovers up
Took the camber off the front
Fitted 20mm bolt to hub spacers
Sorted a swap out for my straight through centre section.

Getting there :)

Evo 5 RS
I'd be well chuffed with those results. I always thought 250bhp felt quick in a 172 so god only knows what 300+ feels like

Thanks for the comments lads, I'm chuffed to bits with the figures :D Just a shame the weathers been awful to drive it properly :(

Dom Ive made my own filter relocation set up here's a picture.

2EA23A34-3849-4562-A9DC-E9BD546EA256-3226-000004501D084BCA.jpg

6642F88D-B57C-478B-A8C4-8A83B7432B1E-3226-00000450240580BE.jpg

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Looks cracking as always. Have you kept the cold air feed in place? On my phone so can't quite see

My boost is still on hold :-(

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks for the comments lads, I'm chuffed to bits with the figures :D Just a shame the weathers been awful to drive it properly :(

Dom Ive made my own filter relocation set up here's a picture.

2EA23A34-3849-4562-A9DC-E9BD546EA256-3226-000004501D084BCA.jpg

6642F88D-B57C-478B-A8C4-8A83B7432B1E-3226-00000450240580BE.jpg

Looks good that mate, nice and simple. What sort of air filter is that.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Looks cracking as always. Have you kept the cold air feed in place? On my phone so can't quite see

My boost is still on hold :-(

Thanks Paul, the only cold feed I had was when I ran a V6 airbox in n/a form. What boosted route do you want to take?

Looks good that mate, nice and simple. What sort of air filter is that.

Its an ITG filter it's what you get in the original rstuning kit, so it can sit in the gap between the charger & radiator.[/FONT]

Have you had any boost drop from that? I moved mine somewhere similar and lost 1-2 PSI

Not that I've noticed but it was mapped with it on at stage 2 I havnt swapped it after mapping & stage 1 the filter was directly on the charger.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I think I'm going to go a similar route to chips ph1 turbo but its tough call to spend serious money on it really. I love it but would a Elise or vx220 be better route. I'm sure il see sense and join the boosted flower club.

All job dependant unfortunately.

ph1 172
Excuse my ignorance if it is already in your thread but I couldn't find it...what size restrictor are you running and what boost pressure is that giving you?

Not seen this thread before. This car is mint. I want a sunflower........ And a turbo

Thanks mate[/FONT]

I think I'm going to go a similar route to chips ph1 turbo but its tough call to spend serious money on it really. I love it but would a Elise or vx220 be better route. I'm sure il see sense and join the boosted flower club.

All job dependant unfortunately.

Just decide on how much power you want from the start & what you'll use the car for then go from there mate. But boosted clios are fun so I'm sure you'll make the right decision ;)
[/FONT]

Excuse my ignorance if it is already in your thread but I couldn't find it...what size restrictor are you running and what boost pressure is that giving you?

Rhys were is your Restrictor located? Mine was in the undercooked but some have been before the charger. I can't remember what MM my restrictor was at stage 1 (29mm rings a bell) but it was making 0.5bar of boost (259.5bhp) which is what paul at rs tuning had with all his kits on stage 1, However now at stage 2 i dont have a restrictor in. [/FONT]

love this car and cracking read mate

Thanks a lot dude :)

I said I'd do Dom a list of engine mods that I've done as he's doing a forged engine too, but I thought I might as well do an upto date list on here as the cars about finished now in terms of any more mods being done.

Engine

2.0 16v F4R
Fully rebuilt
New thrust washers
New big end bearings
New main bearings
New OEM oil pump
Supertech Inconel One piece valves
Cat Cam valve springs
Cat Cam 438 cams
Cat Cam rods
Custom CP pistons - 83mm
ARP rod bolts
Cometic head gasket
Rotrex C30 94 supercharger (Brand new)
Custom pro alloy inter cooler
Custom pro alloy slim radiator
Custom slim fan
Mocal oil cooler for charger
630cc injectors
Megane sport spark plugs
Megane sport crank pully
Helix organic clutch
Ported out Ph1 cylinder head
Matched inlet manifolds
ITG air filter & custom pipe work
K&N breather filter
Black silicone boost pipes
Samco black coolant pipes
182 exhaust manifold
K-tec 2.5" decat/link pipe
K-tec 2.5" supersport stealth cat back
Vibratechnics engine mount
Vibratechnics gearbox mount
Powerflex dogbone mount
Iceberg silver engine cover
Polished inlet manifold
Using Millers Nanodrive CFS 5w40 engine oil
All engine brackets/mountings & gearbox mount powder coated

Wheels & Tyres

16" Renault Oz F1s in gloss black (197 centre caps trimmed down)
205/45/16 Federal RS-R track tyres

Brakes & Suspension

197/200 Brembo 4pot calipers
Custom brackets
197/200 Goodrich braided front lines
Scenic 300mm brembo front discs
197/200 Brembo front pads
Goodrich braided rear lines
Standard OEM rear discs & pads
Polly bushed bottom arms
Polly bushed ARB
FK Highsport coilovers
K-tec bolt in solid top mounts
Fk 20mm hubcentric front spacers
Bottom arms, ARB, Subframe powder coated

Interior

Ph2 172/182 dash conversion
Ph2 172/182 door cards
All Ph2 interior trim to suit
Dynamique black carpet
Recaro treadline front seats
Ph2 172 rear seats
200 steering wheel (yellow stitching)
'A' pillars & sunvisors painted dark grey to match dash
Ph2 172/182 sun visors (lights wired up)
Ph2 172/182 interior door handles & handbrake button
Satin black grab handles
Titanium dash inserts
Ph2 172/182 clock surround in satin black
Aux output for iPhone
182 front speakers in the rear
182 tweeters in the rear (either side of parcel shelf)

Exterior

Sunflower yellow
Fully colour coded
Ph2 172 side strips
Ph2 rear lights
6k HiD kit
Clear side repeaters
Silvervison indicator bulbs
Rare genuine Renault spoiler
Master van door lock blanks
Ph2 Megane front splitter
Carbon wrapped scuttle panel
Carbon wrapped fog light surrounds
Fog lights removed
Private plate C14AGD

Tracker system fitted.

Performance

320bhp @Flywheel
270bhp @Wheels
240lbs ft torque
1000kg = 320bhp per tonne
0-60 = ? It was 5.2secs running 260bhp & only T1R tyres, would hope its abit less now.

Future Mods

Standalone ecu
Maybe a LSD but probs along as I've got the 197 for track days I won't buy one.
Wheels powder coated bright OEM silver
Standard Ph1 side trims & door handles
Ph1 rear lights
After its had it's magazine feature I want it to look as OEM as possible external & enjoy it.

Have you figured out how much money went into this machine?
this thing must fly! Such a stunning car, the paint is immaculate and the engine is just amazing
Genuis

Thanks a lot for your kind words mate much appreciated :)

I havnt added up how much it's cost me & I don't think I want to lol.

Thats one hell of a spec list!

Cheers Stu, it won't be getting any bigger that for sure.

182 trackday racer
Hi mate,

Ive used Goodrich 197 lines & they are spot on hope this helps :)

Hello mate,

Just got my HEL 197/200 hoses home from K-tec. Sadley they are about 10cm to long. My guess is they and goodridge have the same length as stock? In that case I just can see them beeing a perfect fit. Do you have any pictures of your installation?

Cheers

How many times have you said that? ;) Your list makes mine look non existant! ha!

Silver F1's look awesome! Really need to get mine back on for a change.

Haha ive said it quite alot tbf like :p your list will be getting more added to it soon enough ;-)

im defo getting my f1s done in silver but i still love them in black :S

[/FONT]

Hello mate,

Just got my HEL 197/200 hoses home from K-tec. Sadley they are about 10cm to long. My guess is they and goodridge have the same length as stock? In that case I just can see them beeing a perfect fit. Do you have any pictures of your installation?

Cheers

Alright mate,

what length are the HEL lines? I'm not sure what length the goodridge ones are I never measured them & the cars away for the winter now I can get you some pics once it's back on the road, i believe Noos uses the goodridge but not 100% sure, but pirtek for instance should be able to shorten yours. Hope that helps mate.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
lol at the last couple of pics! way too low and look how the wheels looked being non-spacered.

I thought i'd posted in this thread but obvs not.

It it one epic car! Got to be the best ph1 one here. Epic spec list aswell craig :) Just awesome.

lol at the last couple of pics! way too low and look how the wheels looked being non-spacered.

I thought i'd posted in this thread but obvs not.

It it one epic car! Got to be the best ph1 one here. Epic spec list aswell craig :) Just awesome.

Haha I kno far too low, that was when I first fitted the coilovers wasn't like that for long though, the wheels look lost in the arches too :dead: Spacers are a must on them IMO.

Not sure about the best ph1 but I really appreciate your comments mate :) it's come along way & I love the little yellow thing lol.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I honestly think it is the best phase 1. Just reading the spec list and overall quality puts it right at the top.

I really must hunt out some spacers tho

Thanks alot paul much appreciated fellow sunflower owner lol :cheers:

Spacers are a must imo mate, i had 16mm to start with as i thought any bigger would be too big but ive just changed to 20mm bolt to hub type so i can use my normal wheel bolts & locking nuts. 20mm are perfect.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm so glad you weren't leaving it with the wheels lost like that. Truly amazing car though mate, it just keeps getting better and better. A real credit to you.