ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

RS 189.9
Re: Supercharged Sunflower

Sorry if this is earlier in the thread or iv mis-read, but what engine management is she on?

Also, awesome car!

.GAZ.;[URL="tel:8477157" said:
8477157[/URL]]Did you get the wheels done buddy??

No didn't get them done mate, I'm taking the engine out tomorrow so I'll get them done monday

lindleyp;[URL="tel:8478521" said:
8478521[/URL]]Looking good Craig! Cant wait till its forged, im even excited for you! Roll on FCS convoy!

I can't wait now mate :)

Kris said you want a ph1 head? I've got one spare in the garage

Sorry if this is earlier in the thread or iv mis-read, but what engine management is she on?

Also, awesome car!

Its on standard management & mapped by Paul @ rstuning = superb job :-D

Il have to get back to you on the head mate as I might be buying an allready forged low comp complete engine.

Bit of an update....

Started stripping down my 'future forged engine to be' rebuilt by Owen (had the megane turbo'd ph1 172) i took the head to work & stripped it down removing cams & valves etc then put it in the big parts cleaner & it looked new again.

e22bf86b.jpg

89847b4d.jpg

826bada6.jpg

b514245a.jpg

4ae40c1d.jpg

I thought i might aswell give the ph1 ports a clean up too.

8938a2d8.jpg

Then i dropped the engine off at Owens to start it forged life, crank out & a piston to be sent away & 4 new forged JE pistons in return :-D 5week wait on te pistons tho :(

935ad21b.jpg

f1b96b78.jpg

Also bought some Wossner rods & arp bolts off Owen that he isnt needing at the minute happy days

99e1658f.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

gonna be epic. Fancy giving me some of your knowledge ;)

It was my last day off of my 4 yesterday & thought i best crack on & take the engine out, youve got to have some tunes on the go while doing it tho :)

4b5e1a5d.jpg

bc631fae.jpg

b7ef1ea0.jpg

Whilst the engine out & itll be 5wks before the new piston will even be here i thought i might aswell strip the full front end down, complete subframe & hubs etc off, arches off everything really. Im having it all resprayed to the same standard as the rest of the car.

0e628730.jpg

a6b0af5e.jpg

b658f686.jpg

3df009ab.jpg

3a5a7665.jpg

007b1ddf.jpg

Thats where im upto so far, all parts are ordered for the rebuild, just need a clutch & injectors as the current megane ones wont do the job.

Haha i hope its ready for the FCS, hopfully the end of april just depends on the pistons turning up on time but im not counting on it :( ive ordered all the other engine parts just waiting for them to turn up.

Im on my 4days off again from monday so ill unplug the engine loom & take the subframe off so the front end can be resprayed. So its just the pistons that will cause a delay.

340i

Nice work, Craig!

Are you going for a set of custom pistons? What's the spec?! :)

Thanks mate

Yeah custom JE pistons in 10:1 CR with Wossner rods & arp rod bolts. Keeping standard cams & fitting 16new genuine renault valves & uprated valve springs. Im not uprating the cams & valves to stop me fitting a bigger charger & hunting for more power lol.

Plus i think around the 300bhp mark should be nice useable power & ill get an lsd fitted if needed.

340i

Thanks mate

Yeah custom JE pistons in 10:1 CR with Wossner rods & arp rod bolts. Keeping standard cams & fitting 16new genuine renault valves & uprated valve springs. Im not uprating the cams & valves to stop me fitting a bigger charger & hunting for more power lol.

Plus i think around the 300bhp mark should be nice useable power & ill get an lsd fitted if needed.

mmm tasty!!!

I would really consider fitting a set of one piece valves (supertech) if you're going to the trouble of replacing the full set, certainly for 300bhp!

The standard items are only friction welded together IIRC, I've known a few (one supercharged 182) that have dropped a valve :(

Yeah the standard ones are friction welded, ive emailed paul to see if they would be fine aslong as i didnt have a high rpm, as im sure his old white one was usin standard valves. Id heard of a sc182 dropping a valve but was led to believe it was due to loving the rev limit lol.
Thanks for the heads up tho dude more money :p Do you know where to buy the supertech valves?

1eight2

Photoshopped, I done one and it looked s**t so I have 3 anthracite and a silver spare one on now...

340i

Yeah the standard ones are friction welded, ive emailed paul to see if they would be fine aslong as i didnt have a high rpm, as im sure his old white one was usin standard valves. Id heard of a sc182 dropping a valve but was led to believe it was due to loving the rev limit lol.
Thanks for the heads up tho dude more money :p Do you know where to buy the supertech valves?

I think you're right there ;)

As for buying them, I think Paul can supply them...

http://www.supertechperformance.com/catalog.html?section=ivalves&id=14

Normally a few weeks lead time on them, as they are produced in America.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5

Car looks great and the future plans sounds really good,may have to get mine done,have you had any problems at all.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Photoshopped, I done one and it looked s**t so I have 3 anthracite and a silver spare one on now...

Get some of that plastic spray paint stuff, theres a big thread about it on here, if you dont like the colour it just peals off lol

[/FONT]
I think you're right there ;)

As for buying them, I think Paul can supply them...

http://www.supertechperformance.com/catalog.html?section=ivalves&id=14

Normally a few weeks lead time on them, as they are produced in America.

Thanks for the info dude :) As long a they arnt more than 5wks like the pistons ill be happy lol

Car looks great and the future plans sounds really good,may have to get mine done,have you had any problems at all.

Thanks mate, the diff started to wine after some abuse at croft but it was on 100k fitted a 60k box now so see how that does.
[/FONT]

A little update

I've just spoke to Paul & ordered a helix organic clutch, 630cc injectors & ended up ordering some one piece valves instead of standard renault ones to keep Gray happy ;)

Also ordered some uprated valves springs.

My mate who's painting the engine bay has ordered the paint for when he's next off, & I'll be making a trip to the powder coaters to get some bits & bobs done. I'll get some pics up later.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Do you want to bring it up for a quick detail before fcs craig? Or I can pop down yours if the garage is big enough

The things I would do to own this car lol.

:eek:[/FONT]
Do you want to bring it up for a quick detail before fcs craig? Or I can pop down yours if the garage is big enough

Yeah Chris that would be sweet, it's still looking fresh like! You might have a trophy to take me for a spin in then too :rasp:[/FONT]

did your name use to be Craig172 or similar?

Sure did Neil :)

340i

A little update

I've just spoke to Paul & ordered a helix organic clutch, 630cc injectors & ended up ordering some one piece valves instead of standard renault ones to keep Gray happy ;)

Also ordered some uprated valves springs.

My mate who's painting the engine bay has ordered the paint for when he's next off, & I'll be making a trip to the powder coaters to get some bits & bobs done. I'll get some pics up later.

ahaha ;) Good man!

Do it once, do it right.

ah, wouldn't of had a clue if i hadn't of spotted the sunny on the 16" OZ's,
part if the old form... good to see your still around mate, got a bit of a collection now then?

may pm you with regards to something shortly

Aye been in here a while now just fancied a name change lol. I can't ever see myself not in a Clio now, got the two sunflowers, 1.2 dynamique for the trusty winter runner/van lol & the girlfriends got a wind gt.

Pm away dude :)

ahaha ;) Good man!

Do it once, do it right.

Exactly, I'll be keeping it as a 2nd car forever now so might as well do it right first time.
[/FONT]

Sunflower Ph1 172

Engine is getting ripped out of mine this saturday, ready for the new engine. Been feeling sorry for itself in the driveway the past month. Hoping to give the engine bay a tidy up at the same time too. This is going ot be very, very smart once finished.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Shed. :eek:

How are you doing mate? Might pop up when the 200 comes and have a nosey!

Engine is getting ripped out of mine this saturday, ready for the new engine. Been feeling sorry for itself in the driveway the past month. Hoping to give the engine bay a tidy up at the same time too. This is going ot be very, very smart once finished.

Good to see your making a start mate. You might as well give the engine bay a good tidy up while the engines out, mine looks abit empty with no a/c pipes & just a boost pipe above the gearbox so defo needs a respray.[/FONT]

Shed. :eek:

How are you doing mate? Might pop up when the 200 comes and have a nosey!

Haha it looks like one at the minute with no front end on, can't wait to get it back on the road.

Im doing great dude, you excited for the new 200? Of course mate don't be a stranger it's been a while.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Aye, and I'll let you know when I know the Reg so you can check it's all ok at the docks! ;)