ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lionel Richie
Re: The life of... SharkyUK's Trophy [& Fred's V6]

the most interesting MOT in history LOL, "i thought Trophy's were red not blue" ;)

Clio 16v 'YOJ'

:D glad its almost finished for you, sounds like it'll be worth the wait however :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

July 2014 - (Minor) Update

Fred took the car for an MOT today... and it passed. That's a relief :) Time to get the tax sorted... pfft.

I'd just like to say a big "thanks" to Chip-mk1 and Chi for their offer of help in getting the Trophy to Leeds for mapping (if Fred's tow guy isn't available). Much appreciated guys and I think Fred will be glad to see the back of it.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover

Fairplay mate look forward to seeing it :approve:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Any updates for us Andy? :)
See above sir :) LOL!

To be honest, it is plainly clear that the Polo rad is absolute pap and not suitable for this engine spec really (although arguably would be fine if on a pure track car). It was climbing high with the temperature whilst just idling. I'll be looking to get it changed sooner rather than later. I also plan to add a Mocal catch tank to replace the hosepipe and coke can currently in use :)

Best place to get a Mocal oil catch tank from, anyone? Cheers :)

Congrats on the MOT. Getting it back on the road edges ever closer :)
It does, Oli. Which is a good thing as I'm struggling without wheels at the moment. Especially as there are no public transport links to/from where I work!

Fairplay mate look forward to seeing it :approve:
Cheers Marc. I'll give you a shout when it's back and we can get John out and do Clio 'stuff'. By the way, did you ever get a firmware update for your setup that resolved the dashboard light problems? I kept asking K-Tec and was constantly told they'd have an update for me soon... I still haven't had a single update.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

It does, Oli. Which is a good thing as I'm struggling without wheels at the moment. Especially as there are no public transport links to/from where I work!

You should have said, you could have borrowed the flamer for a bit. It's sat in the garage doing nothing and looking sorry for itself.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Mate - it would have been awesome to borrow the Flamer! Like the Vee, however, I would have struggled to give it back... :) Never mind, thanks all the same Oli and thanks for being trusting enough to even have had that thought cross your mind!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Got a ph1 you can borrow mate :) Can bring it to Brum or you can pick it up

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Mate - it would have been awesome to borrow the Flamer! Like the Vee, however, I would have struggled to give it back... :) Never mind, thanks all the same Oli and thanks for being trusting enough to even have had that thought cross your mind!

Ha ha, no worries bud! I doubt you'd be struggling to give it back when your beast appears :)

When I bought mine a good while back. Burton Power was the cheapest I could find after a lot of looking around. Could have changed since though obviously so doesn't really help you too much LOL

No idea how much it cost me though as my memory isn't that good!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Merlin Motorsport were the cheapest ween I got my tank.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Don't we get any discount with DT?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Polo radiators are too small.

Try this one ;) http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181279196901

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

See above sir :) LOL!

To be honest, it is plainly clear that the Polo rad is absolute pap and not suitable for this engine spec really (although arguably would be fine if on a pure track car). It was climbing high with the temperature whilst just idling. I'll be looking to get it changed sooner rather than later. I also plan to add a Mocal catch tank to replace the hosepipe and coke can currently in use :)

Cheers Marc. I'll give you a shout when it's back and we can get John out and do Clio 'stuff'. By the way, did you ever get a firmware update for your setup that resolved the dashboard light problems? I kept asking K-Tec and was constantly told they'd have an update for me soon... I still haven't had a single update.

Sharky my blue 172 track car is with Fred and has a brand new alloy radiator sat in the boot if it's any good for you, Fred knows I want to sell it so ask him if it would suit your car. Look at my Ph-1 172 (racing blue track car) to see the type.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Got a ph1 you can borrow mate :) Can bring it to Brum or you can pick it up
Thanks for the kind offer, Chi. A week or two earlier and I would take you up on your offer but it's not worth it now I don't think. Due to work and existing commitments I'd have trouble making the necessary arrangements to pick it up and get it back to you. Hopefully the T won't be too much longer now though :) Thanks for the offer all the same - much appreciated.

When I bought mine a good while back. Burton Power was the cheapest I could find after a lot of looking around. Could have changed since though obviously so doesn't really help you too much LOL

No idea how much it cost me though as my memory isn't that good!

Merlin Motorsport were the cheapest ween I got my tank.

Don't we get any discount with DT?
Thanking you kind sirs - I will take a look (and see if any discounts apply anywhere). Cheers.

Polo radiators are too small.

Try this one ;) http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181279196901
Thanks for the link mate. I'll take a look later. I have to admit I may well be interested in Barron's (below)... if it will fit. I have to hold up my hands and say that I don't know what size I'm looking at to fit my new setup.

Sharky my blue 172 track car is with Fred and has a brand new alloy radiator sat in the boot if it's any good for you, Fred knows I want to sell it so ask him if it would suit your car. Look at my Ph-1 172 (racing blue track car) to see the type.
Thanks for the heads-up mate. :)
@Fred@BTM - in case you read this before I get chance to call you... would it fit and be suitable in your opinion? If so I would be happy to come to some arrangement with yourself for fitting and, of course, purchasing from Barron.

EDIT: The important thing is that I need it sorting (if suitable) ASAP as I am genuinely getting desperate for wheels to be mobile again. I don't want to be hiring a car if possible and putting out those kind enough to offer their own vehicles for my use (as much as it is appreciated!)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

The one I linked to is the same one I'm running, it cools well enough on the hottest days and on track. The best part is its only £25 and it works perfectly.

You can get off the shelf all alloy versions of the same size but with a thicker core for around £120-130. Or you can have a custom one made up for £240

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover

That would be good mate!!
Yep I had that update a long while back now that got rid of all the lights on the dash and enabled all the trip functions. When I had it mapped in march this year after the cams I had the latest firmware update installed mate.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

The one I linked to is the same one I'm running, it cools well enough on the hottest days and on track. The best part is its only £25 and it works perfectly.

You can get off the shelf all alloy versions of the same size but with a thicker core for around £120-130. Or you can have a custom one made up for £240
Thanks for the info mate - much appreciated :)

Yep I had that update a long while back now that got rid of all the lights on the dash and enabled all the trip functions. When I had it mapped in march this year after the cams I had the latest firmware update installed mate.
Hmm, I don't think K-Tec like me :( Thanks for the information, Marc. I look forward to catching up with you soon.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

I'm pretty sure the gen90 would need to go back to them for the firmware update Andy.
I'm not sure mate... I got the impression that they would send out firmware updates to customers who bought the kit and that those with the relevant cable/software could administer the update. I might be wrong... I really don't know. I'll just leave it with Paul at RSTuning and see what he says!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

I know Steve @SC was sent update files for gen90

Evo 5 RS

Pro Alloy FTW. I had the one from Yozzas cup, was a fine piece of engineering. Till it started leaking anyway lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

July 2014 - (Minor) Update

Fred took the car for an MOT today... and it passed. That's a relief :) Time to get the tax sorted... pfft.

I'd just like to say a big "thanks" to @Chip-mk1 and @Chi for their offer of help in getting the Trophy to Leeds for mapping (if Fred's tow guy isn't available). Much appreciated guys and I think Fred will be glad to see the back of it.

No worries mate, just let me know if you do need me to move it.

Not on here much these days but if you dont catch me on here you can always find me at www.cliosportownersclub.com or facebook message me etc, will have to be a weekend though due to work commitments.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Thanks for the info mate - much appreciated :)

Hmm, I don't think K-Tec like me :( Thanks for the information, Marc. I look forward to catching up with you soon.

Its a shame that GEMS hands are tied and cant help you directly when its one of their Gen90 variant units, having to go via Ktec just makes the whole process so much more painful that it needs to be, but obviously they have the exclusive on it.

Shame, cause it is fundamentally a decent ECU!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Had my last update at 519 mate.
Ok mate - cheers :)

done yet? :eek:
Nearly :) Just playing with a different radiator option at the moment.

I know Steve @SC was sent update files for gen90
Thanks mate :)

Pro Alloy FTW. I had the one from Yozzas cup, was a fine piece of engineering. Till it started leaking anyway lol

t'was about 7years old by the time you had it though!
If a rad lasts 7+ years then I'd be happy with that. :)

No worries mate, just let me know if you do need me to move it.

Not on here much these days but if you dont catch me on here you can always find me at www.cliosportownersclub.com or facebook message me etc, will have to be a weekend though due to work commitments.
Thanks for the heads-up - I'll give you a shout if needs be mate. :)

Its a shame that GEMS hands are tied and cant help you directly when its one of their Gen90 variant units, having to go via Ktec just makes the whole process so much more painful that it needs to be, but obviously they have the exclusive on it.

Shame, cause it is fundamentally a decent ECU!
Indeed - it would have been handy to go directly to GEMS but , alas, it's not to be. I'll see what Paul says when he gets the car for mapping. He may well have firmware upgrades / updates available.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

How is this going then? Ready to be mapped with Paul?

Lionel Richie

was ready to be mapped about 4 weeks ago, just needs shipping there!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

Ooooo! Thought it was! Bet you sick of the sight of it ay Fred!

Evo 5 RS

I've got a prestige transport guy that owes me a favor down south. I don't really need trailoring anymore since I bought one of those Jap cans that tend to work most of the time :p

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

I've got a prestige transport guy that owes me a favor down south. I don't really need trailoring anymore since I bought one of those Jap cans that tend to work most of the time :p
Thanks Mike. I'll give you a shout if needs be mate. :)

Looking forward for more updates mate. Are you bringing this to Llandow?
Cheers Ash. Yep, I'll be bringing the Trophy along to Llandow. And, all being well, I'll be pootling around at a nice steady pace. As well as taking photographs on the day I'm also the mobile chicane for the day ;)

Disclaimer: Assuming the car is mapped, back and run in nicely :)