ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new TV thread

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah I don't think anything is 120fps at 4k just yet 😒
Smoother but not as good quality.
Noticed on Spiderman it reduces the resolution for higher FPS, same with Assassin's Creed.

How's Ratchet and Clank?

Very good! Fun. I was getting bored of games that took themselves too seriously... and to be honest there's nothing else that really interests me on PS5 thus far.

Did not enjoy paying bloody £70 for it though, I think maybe I should have held out for the drive edition PS5. Maybe I'll swap over one day.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Fancied getting a TV for the dining room. Didn’t need anything too flash, managed to pick this up for just over £800 from Costco.

E1F33845-E9FB-4056-B30F-40256C0ABA24.jpeg

It’s getting put up tomorrow, more pics to follow.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, didn’t realise they were down to this price level now. They had the 55” at the same price but 1) I couldn’t fit that in the car and 2) it’d look too big in the room.
I ended up getting the 48" because the 55" was too big for the unit.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I’m also going to get a brushed wall plate for hdmi leads and we are also searching for a sideboard to hide the plug socket as I don’t particularly like have those out with plugs permanently on show. Rest assured peeps it’s going to look a hell of a lot better 👍

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Problem with buying the new Xbox is I'm now sat contemplating this purchase 😔

Has anyone got this one I think a few got the CX? I already have LG OLED but it's the C7 from a few years ago must be 4 years old now. I think the main push for me is I sit over 10ft from the TV and the 55" just isn't cutting it anymore especially with gaming so not only the upgrade for HDMI 2.1 but also a size jump.

Clio 197,with megan'
I run a 75in LG, which I calibrated a couple go years ago, giving a really good picture. Personally, I think the bigger the TV the better, and once you have got used to it, you will not like going back to a smaller TV. I am also curious why people hang them above the fireplace, then get a stiff neck, looking upwards at it?. The ideal viewing position is when your eye line is in the centre of the screen?.I do appreciate the ideal is not suitable in a lot of situations, and wives are more picky than I am. A good thread, and interesting to read.

Attachments

• 085330DF-A164-4102-BDCB-8EB446B15F18.jpeg
    085330DF-A164-4102-BDCB-8EB446B15F18.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Problem with buying the new Xbox is I'm now sat contemplating this purchase 😔

Has anyone got this one I think a few got the CX? I already have LG OLED but it's the C7 from a few years ago must be 4 years old now. I think the main push for me is I sit over 10ft from the TV and the 55" just isn't cutting it anymore especially with gaming so not only the upgrade for HDMI 2.1 but also a size jump.

If you want the bigger size then yeh, no brainer. Don't upgrade just for HDMI 2.1 though imo. I got sucked in by the 2.1 hype and in reality you're never going to be playing a decent game at 4k120 on these consoles.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
If you want the bigger size then yeh, no brainer. Don't upgrade just for HDMI 2.1 though imo. I got sucked in by the 2.1 hype and in reality you're never going to be playing a decent game at 4k120 on these consoles.
Same. Can't see it happening for a few years tbh, if at all on the current version on the 5/X

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah I've seen that most aren't getting true 4k and 120fps right now but have seen a few that should like Halo infinite unless that's sales bullshit I'm not sure.

I actually measured and it's 12ft from where my head would be to the TV screen so the 55" definitely isn't big enough but then there's the possibility of moving soon. I'm going to do some research and sleep on it I think.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Caved in the end and got the 65" C1. Very happy with it so far, still not fully calibrated as I want to get a bunch of hours on it first but extra size certainly makes a difference and there's definitely a noticeable difference in picture quality which I honestly didn't expect to notice.

20210905_220548.jpg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So, buying a new TV cabinet tomorrow that says 25kg max. My LG 50" plasma is 27kg. Man maths dictates I need a new TV on that basis.

It's currently a toss up between these two below.

I cannot see why the LG commands £100 more, other than the name. They both do everything I need. Am I being a snob and going for the LG because of the name, or is reliability an issue with Hisense?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure I've read that Hisense sounds are poor unless you have a soundbar. Their UI isn't that great either apparently but I've never seen one in the flesh.
Have a read of this.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Iirc someone on here having a pretty poor experience with Hisense and swapped it for an LG.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Iirc someone on here having a pretty poor experience with Hisense and swapped it for an LG.
That was me.

It's put me off the brand completely, but it would be unfair of me to talk down a 2021 set because the software has changed a lot I believe since my 2018 model.

I think if you are looking at 2 similar sets and can't decide between them you should go to the shop and see which one you prefer the sound/picture/interface of. The lower end TVs are all much of a muchness anyway.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I just picked up a 55” one of these from the John Lewis outlet in Swindon for £1040. It’s epic. Was a “class b” refurb because of a tiny, almost invisible mark on the frame and because it didn’t have the original box. Could have paid another £100 for one in the original packaging…. Yeah, maybe not 😂

Was it ex display then? Or used in some way? If so then I'd have paid the extra £100, especially with an OLED.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
They’re usually returns, maybe there was a slight mark when they arrived, maybe they were faulty.

I would literally have been paying £100 extra for it being in a retail box rather than repackaged in a brown box, so bugger that. It’s a £1500 TV when not a refurb :oops:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They’re usually returns, maybe there was a slight mark when they arrived, maybe they were faulty.

I would literally have been paying £100 extra for it being in a retail box rather than repackaged in a brown box, so bugger that. It’s a £1500 TV when not a refurb :oops:

Fair enough, I thought you meant it was an extra £100 for a new retail set!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I just picked up a 55” one of these from the John Lewis outlet in Swindon for £1040. It’s epic. Was a “class b” refurb because of a tiny, almost invisible mark on the frame and because it didn’t have the original box. Could have paid another £100 for one in the original packaging…. Yeah, maybe not 😂

Do you have to go to the store to get these sets or do they sell online also?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have to go to the store to get these sets or do they sell online also?
They have an online store, iirc it's run by one of the bigger Sony stores, stock apparently gets refreshed towards the end of the week.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You can get bargains like the through Currys clearance eBay store too. I got my brand new S21 Ultra £200 cheaper than retail because the box which was still sealed had a dent in it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Hello young people

If you were after a decent tv, no bigger than 43" and no more than £500 what would you be looking for?
I'd rather get a decent make like Panasonic or Sony over some huge Asda smart price paperweight.

This is what John Lewis are offering

F20C5CA3-5B77-4552-8603-69B630B4B7BC.jpeg

If there's one that would save buying a soundbar too then the budget could go up a bit.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Costco have the Hisense 55" U8G model in currently. HDMI 2.1, 4K at 120Hz.

£650

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe wait till black Friday/cyber Monday for some good deals. I know the next gen TVs will be announced in Jan, well for LG at least so I'm holding out to see if the replacement for the C1 is any good.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Should be some good deals on the C1 for black Friday and I got to say it's an incredible TV even more so if you plan on using it for gaming. Can't fault it one bit besides the price tag.

I know I'll end up looking at the black Friday prices and hating myself for it 😅

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
How often do you guys buy new TV's?
Sounds like you trade up quite often.

I'm used to buying one and having it for years
I am in market for new TV soon after doing kitchen extension, going to move the slow as hell android Sony into kitchen and get some form of 55 inch for living room

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
How often do you guys buy new TV's?
Sounds like you trade up quite often.

I'm used to buying one and having it for years
I am in market for new TV soon after doing kitchen extension, going to move the slow as hell android Sony into kitchen and get some form of 55 inch for living room

Ive had my current TV since 2013 and it was only bought as my previous one died. I don’t watch enough TV or care enough to replace every few years. But I appreciate some people are into it, for gaming, latest home cinema experience etc.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ive had my current TV since 2013 and it was only bought as my previous one died. I don’t watch enough TV or care enough to replace every few years. But I appreciate some people are into it, for gaming, latest home cinema experience etc.
Ye I get it. But on the other hand resale value must be shocking surely as they drop in price so much when newer models come out.