ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new TV thread

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
If you aren’t in a rush I’d give it a few weeks till the sales start as prices may drop further and see what is on offer then.

Yes thats the plan, just wondered if people had any recommendations etc and what to look for as I don't really have a clue

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
We've decided to replace our 10yr old plasma. It's 50", and we don't want to go any bigger. I don't game, at all. I basically watch youtube/netflix/prime etc, so I don't want to be spending a grand on one. Ideally budget of £600

I was looking at these:-

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Has anyone experienced/seen OLED screen burn-in? Is it common or easily avoided?

Had my LG Oled for good few years, always watching Sky films footie with the logo on screen & no screen burn here.

TV even tells me when to run certain programs - pixel refresher etc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone experienced/seen OLED screen burn-in? Is it common or easily avoided?

Nope and I've certainly pushed it to its limits in that respect. There's a few things built in the settings to help prevent it but I imagine it either really hard to spot any burn in or the they really aren't that prone to it these days. I had a C7 with no issues now had my C1 for quite a while and really rate LG OLED. Other than stuff built in to the TV it's recommended to avoid letting direct sunlight hit the screen.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hisense U8H gets a great review. Worth a look.

That's a 55" though, we don't want to go bigger than 50"

I wonder whether the QLED would be decent

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
We've decided to replace our 10yr old plasma. It's 50", and we don't want to go any bigger. I don't game, at all. I basically watch youtube/netflix/prime etc, so I don't want to be spending a grand on one. Ideally budget of £600

I was looking at these:-

£99 over budget but it’s OLED 48”.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Despite me not rating the A series in a recent post, the above is a great shout on such a tight budget.

And if you currently have a plasma @Cookson then I think you'll be super disappointed with any low end LCD panel, another reason to go for the OLED.

Last edited:

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
We’re in the market for a new TV and clearly me and her have conflicting views on size. Ironically I want the biggest I can get my hands on and she’s perfectly happy with something very modest.

I’m trying to see things from her perspective and wondered if anyone here had got a biggun but wished they’d bought the size down.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
We’re in the market for a new TV and clearly me and her have conflicting views on size. Ironically I want the biggest I can get my hands on and she’s perfectly happy with something very modest.

I’m trying to see things from her perspective and wondered if anyone here had got a biggun but wished they’d bought the size down.
I regret not going bigger every day :(

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I find whatever you get you adjust too very quickly. I remember getting the 65" looked really big for like a day or 2 before it looked normal. I had a 55" before it and I couldn't go back now so I'd say lean on the bigger side if you can.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I find whatever you get you adjust too very quickly. I remember getting the 65" looked really big for like a day or 2 before it looked normal. I had a 55" before it and I couldn't go back now so I'd say lean on the bigger side if you can.
Agreed, big is beautiful, but it’s the trade-off that I’m not sure where I stand. Size vs quality.

It’s very early days, I’ve got plenty more hours researching to go and the budget isn’t nailed yet, but as an example, it could be the difference between a 55 C2 and and 65 A1. How do you choose?!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, big is beautiful, but it’s the trade-off that I’m not sure where I stand. Size vs quality.

It’s very early days, I’ve got plenty more hours researching to go and the budget isn’t nailed yet, but as an example, it could be the difference between a 55 C2 and and 65 A1. How do you choose?!
Get the 65 B series, cheaper than the C with most of the same feature set.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

No one ever regrets getting a bigger TV than the last unless they're wrong in the head...🤣🤣

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

I don't think you'll find anyone in that situation personally bud.

Any recommendations on a 50" TV? Not sure on budget but I f**king love my LG oled 65" I think it's the cx? Something like that

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Get the 65 B series, cheaper than the C with most of the same feature set.
I think you’re probably right, Mike, that’s where I’ll end up, price dependent.

JL had offers (posted above?) and with various discounts/cashback I could have got it for £1,228.

Not sure it’ll go cheaper on the 25th or the run-up, but if anyone sees anything then post away 👍

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Mike, that looks like a pretty decent price!!!!

Or do I spend £40 more for the largely unreviewed CS, which is a 2022 set. Also available at RS.
Don't know much about the CS, looks to just be a C1 with the processor from the C2, presumable because they didn't want to keep making two chipsets.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Tempted with the Samsung 55" QN90B...

£999 on RS, with £225 off certain sound bars or £934 through Samsung EPP.

Decent deal that.

The Q85B I was tempted by too was only 100 quid more than the 80B

But then I told myself no because I need to stick to budget. Where do you stop otherwise 🤣

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I might go for this OLED for myself for xmas

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I might go for this OLED for myself for xmas

you could have had that for £100 less the other week…

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
you could have had that for £100 less the other week…

I've signed up to the VIP club, meaning £100 off, so £599.00

Although the 55" is only another £70, but I'm wondering if that will be too big TBH.

Is the 48C24LA worth the extra £200?