ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The R26

S2 106 GTI
Nice that. I wont mod mine either. Its fine as reno intended.

Yeah, my mate who modded his (sold it now) just wanted more power and spoiled the drive....... The stage 1 is a fantastic mod, and really is just that little kick to make it more fun.

M135i and the shed
Yeah, my mate who modded his (sold it now) just wanted more power and spoiled the drive....... The stage 1 is a fantastic mod, and really is just that little kick to make it more fun.

I've modded mine alot and love every modification i've made, but imo Stage 1 and the gear shift linkage mod address the only 2 true weak points of the car. On Stage 1 power and torque they're mega durable lumps these. Paul at RST's reliability record on Stage 1 is pretty much faultless which is impressive considering the number he's mapped.

S2 106 GTI
I've modded mine alot and love every modification i've made, but imo Stage 1 and the gear shift linkage mod address the only 2 true weak points of the car. On Stage 1 power and torque they're mega durable lumps these. Paul at RST's reliability record on Stage 1 is pretty much faultless which is impressive considering the number he's mapped.

Not saying a modded one will take the fun away - just as soon as he bought it, he just started throwing loads of £££ and it wanting more and more power. In the end he needed a few sets of injectors, a few trips over to leeds, time off the road etc.... in the end he sold it! only owned it for 5/6 months! bought it or £11,800 put it up for sale for £10k, ended up trading into a garage.

I would love to throw some cash at mine and get more power - but I've passed that point.... (getting old!) haha

M135i and the shed
Not saying a modded one will take the fun away - just as soon as he bought it, he just started throwing loads of £££ and it wanting more and more power. In the end he needed a few sets of injectors, a few trips over to leeds, time off the road etc.... in the end he sold it! only owned it for 5/6 months! bought it or £11,800 put it up for sale for £10k, ended up trading into a garage.

I would love to throw some cash at mine and get more power - but I've passed that point.... (getting old!) haha

The whole reason why i've always modded mine was with a view to providing durable performance rather than big numbers. Probably why it's always stayed at Stage 1 power regardless of all the mods it's had. :)

People tend to buy a meg and get blinded by wanting more and more power from it whereas Stage 1 is bang on really.

S2 106 GTI
Yeah I think thats what my mate tends to do, all his cars he goes for more power - his last LCR was over 300bhp but had issues along the way, then when he went to the meg...again he wanted big bhp.... he's now running a Z4m, which I can only imagine he'll tune up