ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

THE stupidest clio i've ever seen

Banana
The bridge in the clip is the Kingston bridge so they must be from Glasgow or thereabouts. Dont recall ever seeing them before though (you're hardly likely to forget a gold clio badass bouncing down the road) lol
I bet cornering on those things is like riding a fat bird on a water bed.

I bet cornering on those things is like riding a fat bird on a water bed.
Bugger, I'm going to have to chuff one out now!
pounditupdated.gif

1.6 16v without an engine
:rasp: tbh ... if that gold clio looked standard.... that would be a pretty cool car... i quite like the suspension...:rasp:

inferno rs 182
if i had 1300 sheets to spunk on airbags i'd do it. tho i think i'd prefer my motor to corner without me gettin sea sick. best kept for low riding in ur el camino, ho's down G's up.....westsiiiide lol

ST
Both are cool as...both lads have had the b****cks to do it which is more than can be said for some on here...

Both from Scotland IIRC??

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yep both from scotland, lad with the gold one speaks to me on msn hes a renault mechanic, supplys and fits airbags done them himself. modified them so they go lower etc.

its a project car going on 19s with a kit etc although personally id keep it standard looking and have it mega low as i think it looks better that way. but each to their own. and as someone said yep gold 1 is a 1.6 16v

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
aye its mine, and it aint finished. handles well too. not that you lot would think so. like been sed before most of you look down at anything if aint 172 etc. im not intrested in speed other wise would have got 172. each to there own but how many of you are willing to say it to person.

aa for the tracks was 1st time using the mpeg vid wizard

Both look awful IMO and no amount of finishing (which will no doubt involve vast quantities of chicken mesh, p38, p40 and plastic) will change that tbh. People dont look down on cars that arent 172/182/V6's there are plenty of non RS Variants on here that look spot on and have had plenty of mods/money spent.

ST
aye its mine, and it aint finished. handles well too. not that you lot would think so. like been sed before most of you look down at anything if aint 172 etc. im not intrested in speed other wise would have got 172. each to there own but how many of you are willing to say it to person.

Read my post above matey...

a burnt one
I can see the point about the black one as im not really a fan of kitted cars, i personally dont like the gold ones exhaust but my point this, when someone on this forum posts a pic of a bog standard car there are pages of, 'looks great mate, needs lowered',

Then theres more pages of 'silvervisions' 'turinis' 'cup spoilers' etc etc

Then a guy lowers his car and puts a fancy exhaust on, then all of a sudden its the ugliest thing on 4 wheels.

Some would even believe its uglier than wacko jacko after his face went on fire and someone tried putting it out with a stick:S .

I cringe when someone posts a pic of a non-standard car, or a car with anything that will grab attention as you just know what is coming.

Chocolate Bar™
lol, mods are kinda done in the wrong order arent they? would have though wheels would have been first

"Navy" N17 TWO
mmmm not to everyones taste but theres some harsh comments in this thread - i quite like the suspension - And IMO theres worse on this forum :)

I'd agree with that too
And there isn't anything "worse" as-such.
Opinions are all individual so each to their own :)

I admire the work gone into the project but some of the mods wouldn't be to my taste

Mine is a dci with about £3.5k woth of mods done to it - some people love others don't
Currently in the process of having an ICE install & full custom retrim which will be swapped into a 172 when I can afford one :approve:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
gold one looks sweet as with just the airbags on, dont like the black one at all but can appreciate the effort thats gone in, enjoys the cars, must have spent a fortune!!

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
i see most wont like it and im not bothered, ive said before the exhausts were changing yet again. some seem to forget ive done ALL this my self. theres only a few on here that like kits etc. but most its colour coded n sport look alike that is prefered. i also had a diesel with 172 pannels but was all smoothed in.

yeah i havent put wheels on yet cause i kept changing mind. but i have full audio which once all got will come in to 5k, and ive got rest of my kit to get sorted n fit. im not too bothered what yous think as we all have different tastes

Chocolate Bar™
Get pics of your old car up, that was a sweet looking motor remember seeing it on another forum

Chocolate Bar™
all that needed was a set of euro style chromed split rims and it would have been absolutly awesome, workmanship looks mint.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
did most myself, would have got bags on it instead of 60mm drop

Ignis Sport
Well i like both of the clios in the vid and teh idea of airbags. I have been looking into it for when i kit my clio due to the vast amount of speedbumps in the Glasgow area. I have seen the gold clio before in town (glasgow) its neat looking. It normally has the rayvern hydraulics sticker up the side. Also theres a fiesta up this way who has airbags aswell which is the best example of airbags i hav seen. How much does the guy sell the airbags n fit them for jw as i am pricing about the now . Cheers for any help.

Jamie :D

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
you have pm. the graphics are off just now. if youll be at glasgow cruise on 9th pop over as both will be there

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
my reason for them was because im fitting a kit. plus didnt wana get normal coil overs or spring n shock kits. wanted something different plus was seening my mates clio with them made my mind up. n his was the 1st in uk

Exige S1 + Honda S1
I saw that black clio from the video in town the other night... was funny watching it bounce over bumps
maybe see it tonight?

Last edited:

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
funny to see yous comment n say am a chav. how many you know got cash to spent on parts i have. none. plus how many do it them selfs. none. end day i COULD have bought 172 n done mods to that. but didnt want to cause only time get any pleasure is track days as no need to worry but getting caught speeding.

as for transplant keith im dont think thats what theyll hate the most next year nor exhausts

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
your suspension cost 3 times more than coilovers that must make you a chav..... :rolleyes:

why didnt you buy turinis, coilovers and have it colourcoded, that way all these people at the other side of the computer that you'll never know or meet who are giving smart arse comments would have been happy.

fair play to you and top job on doing it all yourself!

mk5 VDUB polo
i'm not gonna say 'its s**t' you're a t**t' lol cos its not s**t its just not to my tastes and you're probably a decnt guy!

sorry if i started a mahoosive slaging match

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
mate havent insulted me at all. fact is none of yous know me, so how can i be a chav wen i have cash to do as i please. i know its not to many ppls tatse but wer all dif and i like trying dif things. may not work/look good but i try. why look the same. and i can take all the credit for doing it myself. how many of yous can say you done it all n didnt pay some 1

www.renparts.co.uk
mate havent insulted me at all. fact is none of yous know me, so how can i be a chav wen i have cash to do as i please. i know its not to many ppls tatse but wer all dif and i like trying dif things. may not work/look good but i try. why look the same. and i can take all the credit for doing it myself. how many of yous can say you done it all n didnt pay some 1

Im glad nobody was payed to do it... they would be ashamed.... looks like you have reversed into a motorbike... yous gets meee...?