ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Trophy's replacement, Glacier White Megane RS250 Cup :)

PH1 Track Car
Unfortunately decided to sell my Trophy after two years of ownership, was sad to let it go but thankfully it went on to another enthusiast!

And this is it's replacement, a Glacier White Megane RS250 Cup:

etyzery5.jpg

apagy4e8.jpg

7y7yqa3a.jpg

a8adypuq.jpg

asapy2e3.jpg

Have owned it a week and so far I love it! Much quicker and nicer to drive than the Trophy.

Spec wise it has:

LSD
Leather Recaros
Dual zone climate control
RS monitor
Bluetooth hands free

The plan is to keep it pretty standard as I think it's a really good car as it is, but it will definitely be being remapped at some point!

Any comments/suggestions welcome! :)

PH1 Track Car
Good choice, seems to be a lot of RS Clio owners upgrading to the 250 Meg's now, they're amazing value, really tempted by one myself.

If you have the spare cash I would go for it, you definitely won't regret it they drive brilliantly.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very nice. I actually think they look superb in the flesh, even if the arches are nailed on.

Epic spec chairs mate. They couldn't have been a cheap option! Tyre gel on the wheels is urgently needed!

PH1 Track Car
Very nice. I actually think they look superb in the flesh, even if the arches are nailed on.

Epic spec chairs mate. They couldn't have been a cheap option! Tyre gel on the wheels is urgently needed!

Thanks mate, yea photos don't really do them justice tbf!

Not sure how much they actually cost but I do have some Renault spec sheets for the car so I'll have a look and see if it's written anywhere, but I would guesstimate somewhere in the region of 2k?

Yea your dead right! Just haven't had chance yet, been too busy driving it! :p

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
If you have the spare cash I would go for it, you definitely won't regret it they drive brilliantly.

I'd probably have to go 265 though to keep Liquid Yellow in my life, and that puts the price up - maybe in a year or two; an LY RS Meg is probably the perfect 'real world' car for me.

PH1 Track Car
I'd probably have to go 265 though to keep Liquid Yellow in my life, and that puts the price up - maybe in a year or two; an LY RS Meg is probably the perfect 'real world' car for me.

Yea I must agree they do look good in LY. Renault have unveiled the facelift MK3 now at the Geneva motor show so maybe the price of the pre facelift will drop.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Defiantly looks a comfier place to be than a clio... damn now I want one. save me looking on autotrader what's the rough price of these?

PH1 Track Car
Defiantly looks a comfier place to be than a clio... damn now I want one. save me looking on autotrader what's the rough price of these?

It's highly dependant on mileage and spec I've seen them anywhere between 11k-14k really around that age!

PH1 Track Car
Thanks for the comments guys :) basically if you had a non cup without the cup chassis, it wouldn't have the stiffer suspension and wouldn't have LSD. Cup is supposed to have the good suspension and LSD, but basic spec, but the first owner was a senior Renault executive so specced it very well, but forgot to add Xenons!

PH1 Track Car
Ok, so just found out that it's not actually a cup, but a full fat model with cup pack and optional extras! It also has a spare wheel and USB port which I think are options. Shows how much I know about meganes! Haha.

Ok, so just found out that it's not actually a cup, but a full fat model with cup pack and optional extras! It also has a spare wheel and USB port which I think are options. Shows how much I know about meganes! Haha.

Hadnt realised it could come in this spec. Does this mean it has the LSD?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The wheels look much better for me in the first pic of those above.Must be the way i looked at them the first time.

PH1 Track Car
Hadnt realised it could come in this spec. Does this mean it has the LSD?

Neither had I! Basically you can get cup, and FF + cup which both have red calipers, grooved discs, stiffer suspension, and LSD, or just a standard FF with grey calipers softer suspension and no LSD. so yea mine does have LSD I believe!

PH1 Track Car
Had a little play with my new suction mount for my gopro yesterday evening, thought I would get a quick clip of the standard exhaust and see how it sounds as you can't fully tell inside the car... Anyway here's the YouTube video:

http://youtu.be/G47tbPAyMp8

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Great looking car, you'll be missing the Trophy I bet.. NOT! !
Track it to see if it's got LSD ;)

PH1 Track Car
Great looking car, you'll be missing the Trophy I bet.. NOT! !
Track it to see if it's got LSD ;)

Thanks, haha in all honesty, I do still miss the Trophy, really loved that car they're brilliant... The Megane though is on another level!

Haha might have to you know, only to see if it has one though obviously ;)