ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

I take it that Argos? I picked up mine yesterday, but I've got to wait until Tuesday for the controller to be in stock.

Keep checking every morning. I found several stores out of stock, but checked on Friday morning at 8am, and found out both my local Argos, and also the one near my workplace both had all 3 times available to reserve.

They may also extend the offer. It was previously only until 7th, then 13th, so they may extend it again.
cheers mate i'll keep checking argos then

04BGFF182CLIORS
Probably already been mentioned, but GAME are offering £100 trade in with a 250gb 360 and any 5 games (even 50p trade ones...)
I chopped my old setup in last week and ended up getting £180 off towards a XB1, FH2 and Mordor, and so far loving it...

Everyone was telling me to go PS4 as its the "better" console (no denying its more powerful) but it just doesnt have the games to interest me!

Gamertag is martynzs if anyone wants to add me!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I went for the Tesco bundle of Xbone + Horizon 2 for £329. Had Clubcard vouchers that brought it down to £250.

BMW 330ci
So I got myself an Xbox one. The deal from Argos with Fifa an extra controller and the lead to charge controller. However I started it up and started to get a funny buzzing noise from the machine ? I have turned it off left it for 15 mins thinking it might go. But I still get the noise. Anyone else had this ? Will have to take it back to Argos they best exchange it !

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I'm very close to purchasing. The only thing putting me off is the lack of sky go on the xb1. What are they playing at?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So I got myself an Xbox one. The deal from Argos with Fifa an extra controller and the lead to charge controller. However I started it up and started to get a funny buzzing noise from the machine ? I have turned it off left it for 15 mins thinking it might go. But I still get the noise. Anyone else had this ? Will have to take it back to Argos they best exchange it !
That's the HDD reading. Mine made some funky noises upon start up. Lots of nothing on screen then it fired itself up with an image of the control pad.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I was tempted to turn it off however waited it out. It's been absolutely fine since.
Really like the feature whereby it goes straight back to the point you were at when its turned off (I use standby mode).

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
May have been mentioned already but had anyone found an adapter that enables use of the Turtle Beach X41 headset for voice?

All I've seen so far is a YT video encouraging me to start cutting wires and soldering...

Honda. Tesla Someday
May have been mentioned already but had anyone found an adapter that enables use of the Turtle Beach X41 headset for voice?

All I've seen so far is a YT video encouraging me to start cutting wires and soldering...

I use my X41 for voice with my Xbox One. Works perfectly. Just buy the official headset adapter. Link below! Its as simple as that!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I41H7US/?tag=cliospnet01-21

You plug it int o your controller, then plug your X41's cable in to it. Works exactly how it worked on the X360. It also allows you to send stereo audio through your remote - but you fade that out and only have voice coming/going via controller. The game audio continues to be 7.1 surround from the wireless Turtle Beach transmitter. Works perfectly fine no cutting of wires needed at all.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Good deal posted on HUKD - £305 for forza bundle, alien isolation and the evil within

must resist.

Im going to be getting XB1 this month when i get paid from so part time work i did. Will be getting it from sainsbury's xbox fifa £330 my GF works there and gets 15% :D will also be getting forza horizon, has anyone got forza 5 if so is cat & mouse on there and is it as good as forza 4? I might be tempted to get that too

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Haha cheers. Dont get me wrong, its a decent game but its an obvious release title. The tracks and cars get very old, very fast.

I've no idea re FH2 multiplayer but from the demo and watching a lot of youtube videos its worlds apart in terms of enjoyment factor.
I are excited to own it.

Yeah FH is definitely more enjoyable, just because it's openworld. There are less things to do in multiplayer sadly though.

I hope they add drifting etc as multiplayer modes, but currently it's just racing or freeroam.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah FH is definitely more enjoyable, just because it's openworld. There are less things to do in multiplayer sadly though.

I hope they add drifting etc as multiplayer modes, but currently it's just racing or freeroam.

What about the King tag game mode thing. That's hilarious to play!

Only issue I forsee from the demo is that I like to race in 1st person view. Not much cop when driving through fields / fences etc

You deal with it, it's not that much of a problem. The checkpoints have a marker going up into the sky so no matter how bad your vision is you know where you should be heading. It's quite a laugh charging blindly through a field at 120+,

LY Megane R26
I got a XB1, Fifa 15, spare controller and charger for £349 in Argos.
Misses got me FH2, awesome game!
Bought battlefield 4 today for £22 from local trade shop.

My mate took his XB1 back today for refund. Said on low power like Just watching Netflix there's a whirring noise like it's running a DVD. Common problem according to the internet.

Scotteh20 if anyway wants a game.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Epic, update is epic!!!!

Liking the dlna support now for mkvs, I finally have a use for my xbox one. Still doesn't support dts though yet.

Oh and I just read something funny, the hols master chief collection coming out soon needs a 20GB day one patch, how can they call a 20GB update a patch, that's more than most games are in size!

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
just joining this now had my xb-one for a couple of months now was a surprise present from the mrs console and forza 5 now got fh2 and destiny for it loving it so far ps4 is now very neglected haha as above was also reading about the new halo "patch" 20gb is a hefty patch can se people buying it then waiting a good while on that downloading and installing therefore causing a big fuss.

Anyone wants to ad me my tag is Mooser888

Ciio 200
Not looking forward to downloading a 20GB patch, especially on my slow internet connection. It was bad enough waiting for my digital copy of Fifa 15 at 15gb. Why couldn't they just provide a 2nd install disc? I may wait and pick Halo MCC up after launch, I can see the servers being hammered when it gets released with everybody trying to download the patch, making it even slower.

LY 200 EDC LUX
I feel the pain with 'updates'.

Had to update Dead Rising the other day. 16gb. I mean, seriously......16gb? I'd understand if it had changed the game drastically, but I cannot see what difference it's made?

Ciio 200
I had the same with Forza 5 yesterday, 14GB update needed. I've only had the console a week, and so far I've needed to download about 35GB.

LY 200 EDC LUX
Why don't you set it to auto update? I've never had to update my One, just does it when I'm not playing.
Its not the fact that I have to press 'ok', its the fact that a bog standard update is so massive, yet seems to do so little? In regards to the 16gb dead rising 3 update I had to do.....it was fine beforehand, no complaints. 16gb update and literally nothing has changed?? Is it some pre-cursor to MS bringing out external hard drives? They fill up your HD with 'updates', then you have to go and buy an external HD to cope with it.

Sunset Overdrive does look good, but there are plenty of other shooters coming out. i.e. COD and Far Cry. I'll be waiting for it to come down in price after the holidays.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Has anyone used Plex with the Xbox One yet?
I'm considering getting one but the main reason would be to get everything streaming from my PC using Plex.

04BGFF182CLIORS
I have FH2 insalled on the Xbox (no physical disk) - I get a LOT of texture pop in.

Normal? ANything I can do to fix?

Not normal as far as I know (atleast, I dont get it...)
Might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling? I waited for mine to 100% before playing also, but probably makes no difference.