ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

They stole my 172 cup!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Gutting mate :(

I find it odd that cups are sought after enough for this to happen to so many people.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

ibiza cupra
Bad luck mate. Really crap feeling.

I'd rather they took the keys from downstairs than come upstairs and try and take them form me. It's insured at the end of the day.

agreed. its better they take the keys from downstairs, than coming up and caving your head in to get them from under the pillow.

theyed have to try first i keep mine on my bed side table as ive heard of this happening before. i also keep the keys to my crook lock on a seperate bunch so even if they do get my car keys they still have that to contend with. soz about the bad news though mate i feel for you.

Last edited:
  Clio 200
thats pish mate sorry to hear that hope they catch them

but btw how close is yours to the original regi of mine :O mine was kr53owe

172 cup
Yeah, I live just off the A610 near the old Commodore. The post code is Basford. I'm now driving around in a 1.3 sky blue Ka so give me a beep if you see me around, ha ha!

Out of interest guys, do these scumbags nick our cars for joy riding or to sell on? I've heard different opinions. At first I assumed it was just joy riders but thinking about it it's alot of effort to go to for a joy ride and seemed fairly well planned! They even waited for a rainy night so that we didn't hear anything. Any thoughs?!

Also, if the insurance company pay out (long way off I know!) do they go off the Parker's price guide as I've been told? If so, the value of my Clio is only £4,800 which I know is way below what I'd get if I sold if privately. I would expect more like £6,000 for a 53 reg with only 35,000 miles and a full renault service history. Any advice if it comes to that?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
At least when mine was taken on 7 Jan this year, they broke in while we were out at work.

Luckily it was found the next day, 1/3 mile away.

All I had to do was change the locks...so it wasn't worth claiming on the insurance.

The reason they took mine was for a quick getaway to wherever their 'other' car was. We were their 4th burglary target in two weeks in the local area so the plod new it would turn up eventually, circulated the pictures, and everyone kept their eyes open for it.

Drove fine when I got it back, undamaged, just minus a few things inside.

Hope you get things sorted...it's a horrible time!

Peddled device
I think it should be law that if someone breaks into your house and you catch them with your car keys in their hands you should be able to hack them to death with a kitchen knife.

Just me ;)

Clio 182
Also, if the insurance company pay out (long way off I know!) do they go off the Parker's price guide as I've been told? If so, the value of my Clio is only £4,800 which I know is way below what I'd get if I sold if privately. I would expect more like £6,000 for a 53 reg with only 35,000 miles and a full renault service history. Any advice if it comes to that?

There is a way to claim for profit loss, something similar to GAP insurance, and you can claim off any company as its a legal matter; doesn't matter if they a clause to get out of it.

Its the same way that if your car was stolen/recovered or in an accident you can claim for profit loss as its not going to be worth as much at resale due to CAT D or C on the books.

Your best talking to an accident management or someone who would have a advisor that knows insurance companys inside out :)

Hope ya get it all sorted!

Clio 182
I think it should be law that if someone breaks into your house and you catch them with your car keys in their hands you should be able to hack them to death with a kitchen knife.

Just me ;)

If someone broke into my house, i'd be using my 'le creuset' frying pan that my mum can hardly lift. I'd guess it'd leave them with enough brain injurys that they couldn't testify against ya!

Failing that, I do kickboxing and if i did kick the crap outta someone i'd make sure i had a few cuts too so it'd look more like self defence(Which it actually is!) ;)

Golf TDI

Just me ;)

totally agreed , f**king w*****s .! i hope you get it back .

Chelsea tractor
There is a way to claim for profit loss, something similar to GAP insurance, and you can claim off any company as its a legal matter; doesn't matter if they a clause to get out of it.

Its the same way that if your car was stolen/recovered or in an accident you can claim for profit loss as its not going to be worth as much at resale due to CAT D or C on the books.

Your best talking to an accident management or someone who would have a advisor that knows insurance companys inside out :)

Hope ya get it all sorted!

I don't think that makes much sense :S

ITB BG 182
Yeah, I live just off the A610 near the old Commodore. The post code is Basford. I'm now driving around in a 1.3 sky blue Ka so give me a beep if you see me around, ha ha!

Out of interest guys, do these scumbags nick our cars for joy riding or to sell on? I've heard different opinions. At first I assumed it was just joy riders but thinking about it it's alot of effort to go to for a joy ride and seemed fairly well planned! They even waited for a rainy night so that we didn't hear anything. Any thoughs?!

It might sound like a load of crock to you but there is a so called list going round, ie some one has been watching gone in 60 seconds too much.
Also the reason my car is not on wheels and is missing the battery aswell at the moment. Past couple of cars ive seen about at the moment that have been nicked have end'd up in aspley i could easily find out if its the usual tosser. Dont know of many that burn them out anymore, usually in a garage ready to be used another day so you might find one some where.

www.renparts.co.uk
as stated above it will only be stolen and recovered if they don't find it before you are paid out, it only gets that title if its sold on as salvage because you have been paid out for it.

No way, near that yellow ph2? I live off David Lane in Basford.. Will be doubly careful where I leave my keys now! Prob best to make sure my housemates Rover 25 keys are more easily accessible ;)

Car less once more
they dont need to brake in, if ya keys are in site of the letter box with no obstructions they can fish for them with a big stick all though if ya dogs out like mine they will love the stick

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hope you get it back ok, Lee?

Though I agree with you, I don't think I'd want it back. Hopefully the s**t-for-brains driver doesn't realise the lack of ABS, looses control and hits a tree before bursting into flames.

One can only hope that they are trapped alive at the time and not simply knocked out.

I wouldn't even waste tax-payers money on them in prison - if they were caught. 9mm round to the back of the head. Be done with them - the complete skid-stain on Life's Undies that scroats like this, clearly are.

D.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
my mates cousin had his X5 stolen in the exact same way on monday..

except he was lying on the couch n they where sneaking round him.. took his wallet/watch and the bmw

some balls these people!!

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Alright mate I saw a Clio 172 Cup for sale in Strelley at the weekend near the roundabout with the cobbled stones around it?

Not yours is it? Worth a shot...?

PM'd!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I never leave my keys down stairs, guess you learn't your lesson now.

hope she turns up.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
I put my keys upstairs but i have often wondered if they really wanted the scoob they would prob come up stairs to get em.

Mind you its a 3 storey house so they would have to walk past my mates room first and get past etc.

Id love em to try tho. I wouldnt bother with the police id just phone a ambulance and leave em outside.

hope you get it sorted mate.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I put my keys upstairs but i have often wondered if they really wanted the scoob they would prob come up stairs to get em.

Mind you its a 3 storey house so they would have to walk past my mates room first and get past etc.

Id love em to try tho. I wouldnt bother with the police id just phone a ambulance and leave em outside.

lol
You think the same way I do!

Clio 182 FF
Sorry to hear that, hope it gets found....in a ditch with them dead in it!! Little Sh*ts.

I always wonder about this scenario as my car is VERY reluctantly parked on the street as I live in a flat, but fingers crossed it's been fine so far. The good thing about living in a flat is no one would know who's car is who's to break in and nick the keys! Bonus!

ST
The joys of owning 2 big dogs.... they can break in, but the fudge packers are not getting out

If i was breaking into someone house i'd prob be tooled up so a swift bat across the dogs head and it'd be out cold anyway...

172 cup
Yeah I live on the new housing estate on Bar Lane, very close to the Yellow phase 2. I go past that car most days, stands out doesn't it?!

I still haven't heard anything from the police about my car yet. Starting to think it's probably got false plates by now and has been sold on to some other scumbags! I realised this morning that they also took my new tax disc that came through the post the day before, I hadn't had chance to put it in my car!

A guy at work says a Clio V6 was stolen from his neighbour 2 months ago in exactly the same way as mine. Hasn't seen it since!

On the bright side, the house insurance have already paid up for a digital camera, i-pod, wallet and the tax disc. The money's already in my account......I would definitely recommend Lloyds TSB insurance! If only car insurance companies paid up so quickly! ;)

172 cup
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108046&highlight=stolen
Mine was stolen a couple of years ago. Never found.

Wish I knew what happened to it, but didnt want it back after it had been nicked.

Just read the full story about your car being stolen. Sounds very similar to mine. Bunch of w*****s!

So you had to wait 2 weeks before making a claim and then how soon was it until you actually had the money in your bank? About 8-10 weeks? Hope you're still enjoying your CTR.

After reading about all these cars being stolen, I don't think I'll buy another decent car if my cup isn't recovered. I fancy just getting a shed that I don't have to worry about. I do motocross so can get my enjoyment out of that and my Dad has a 350z that we both do track days in. Not sure I can go to bed every night worrying about my car from now onwards!

Clio 172 mk2
Sorry to hear that about the cup, some of these scum really do have bottle

My 172 lives outside and I don't worry about it, keys live next to my bed and at the end of the day it's insured so f-it.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Sorry to hear that about the cup, some of these scum really do have bottle

My 172 lives outside and I don't worry about it, keys live next to my bed and at the end of the day it's insured so f-it.

same here. like to see someone try it tho. got added benefit of knowing enough people in my area as well.

theres always someone that has seen something........

feel for anyone thats lost their pride and joy.

booby trapped cups ftw

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
my keys alway come upstairs wit me and the car is parked under my widow got a digaridoooo in my room for protection lol

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
As much as I love it, I don't want it back because the HPI will say stolen and recovered. I personally wouldn't buy a car that had been stolen so I'll never be able to sell it.

It'll only say that if they find it after the insurance have paid out / agree to pay out :p

Insurance wouldnt pay out anything for your car (apart from if its been damaged in the process of being stolen) unless its been recovered around a month or so after the date of theft.

Even if you get a insurance claim on a stolen car it doesnt always mean it shows up on a hpi check.

Ive had cars before that were stolen recovered and wasnt recorded on the hpi register at all.

I've heard of people doing this for cars like mercs and Jaguars
but a fookin 172 ce cup?? No disrespect but hardly seems
worth takin the risk for....

Think of the fat insurance pay out your gonna get and then you
can go out and buy another cup..
I know its a wounder but at least you will get a new one...

And at least you never got hurt in the process..
Never confront someone if you dont know who they are how many they are you dont know what lengths they will go to.
Not unless you got a Baseball bat or some sort of weapon i wouldnt rely
on kickboxing alone lol

Clio 172 mk2
I think if mine got stolen I wouldn't want to see it again, prefer to take the insurance money and start again

rb 182ff
i live in nottingham also and my mates silver 182 got stolen off his drive a few weeks ago, lets just hope there not specifically after our cars, the scumbags!

Status
Not open for further replies.