ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Those special 182 tyres. :o(

Lee

BMW M2C

Jesus, anyone would think they were made out of gold.

I popped into my local dealer this morning to add a few more jobs to the list of things I want doing, while there I asked about tyres. They called up the supplier who quoted £78 per tyre. By the time the VAT and fitting had been added it came out at £275 a pair!!

So, Ive just called Kwik Fit who gave me a decent price, they want a cash deposite before theyll even order them in. FFS, its only a set of tyres.

Ive just checked on Mytyres for some tyres for my car, if i want Pilot sports, 4 tyres will set me back close to £800, thats before fitting!

Kumhos all the way baby! No, only joking, but im not shelling out for the best thats for sure!

Lee

BMW M2C

LMFAO.

Just called Renault Birmingham. They can only supply Contintal and dont sell Michelin tyres. I even pointed out that the tyre was designed for the car and I purchased the car from them.

I swapped all 4 for F1s on the 172 but I have no intention of doing that on this one. I like the PE2s, I just wish I could get them without all this sh*t.

tiTTy & SV650

Exalto 2 is a great tyre, I find michelins to be amazing in the wet and being from Scotland I need that. Theyre not too expensive if you goto mytyres or costco, costco will be £88 each inc fitting and balancing.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 02 March 2005

handy that i get my tyres from a wholesaler and cant fit and balance them myself for free at work ;)
handy for you maybe...

How much are they wholesale?

Clio 182

So what happens if we get a puncture - are they still not readily and easily available at short notice generally???

I find it amazing Renault Birmingham dont even supply them!

Clio 182

Why did you like the f1s Lee? i was planning on getting some for the 15s after hearing some rave reviews...

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 02 March 2005

handy that i get my tyres from a wholesaler and cant fit and balance them myself for free at work ;)
handy for you maybe...

havnt asked yet, only had the car three months and the weather is sh*t so i am yet to wear them out. summer will be a different story though.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Dan_mk1 on 02 March 2005
Why did you like the f1s Lee? i was planning on getting some for the 15s after hearing some rave reviews...

I loved the F1s mate. I also love the Exaltos so I dont see any reason to replace all 4 as I did with the Contis on the 172.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

costco are doing a deal at the moment 20% off on 4 new tyres i just got 4 225/40/18s for my TT all fitted for £400 , im taking the 172 down there tomorrow get some for that aswell .

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by eo52vug on 02 March 2005

costco are doing a deal at the moment 20% off on 4 new tyres i just got 4 225/40/18s for my TT all fitted for £400 , im taking the 172 down there tomorrow get some for that aswell .
yeah Im getting some on saturday, have to order the tyres in because they dont keep them in stock.

handy for you maybe...

havnt asked yet, only had the car three months and the weather is sh*t so i am yet to wear them out. summer will be a different story though.
Pah Ive gone through a set of fronts since October! lol

172 ph1

£78 per tyre = £156.

Vat makes it £183.30

So they are charging £91.70 for fitting??

I just got 4 tyres fitted and balanced for £30

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 02 March 2005

handy for you maybe...

i picked mine up in late november and i havnt done any track/ 1/4 miling on mine.

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 02 March 2005

handy for you maybe...

i picked mine up in late november and i havnt done any track/ 1/4 miling on mine.
Ha ha neither have I! lol :devilish::oops:

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 02 March 2005
lee i got 205/45/16 w pe2s fitted for 99 each so your vs would be even cheaper

I think its the lack of them thats pushing the price up. All I want to do it phone a garage, get them ordered and go and get them fitted. Why is that such a hard thing to do these days?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I used Britannia Tyres in Coventry.

Very helpful, no deposit needed, hassle free fit. £185 all in for 2 fronts.

I kept the old fronts, even tho they are barely legal, they will do in an emergency if I cant get hold of a new one in event of puncture etc.

Picking up a new 182 in a few weeks and fitting OZ wheels so will have the CUP anthracite wheels for sale with 200 miles on them if anyone interested.