ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titanium MrBlonde

As some of you may know already,i had an accident in my Cup & hit a barrier.In a nutshell,Raining very early cold morning on AD80rs (close to the limit) back end stepped out going up a banking corner.Still Drives fine tho,just wasnt worth me repairing,So decide on getting a 182 but in Silver.

So i found one and got up early on a Sat morning to head to south wales.

So this one is on 53k 2 owners & one of the very last ones & standard,previous owner also has a lovely Mars Red V6.

So plan is to get all the good bits off the cup & transfer onto the 182 then break or sell the cup as a whole car.

Couple of Photos of the Cups damage
20190924_105633.jpg
20190924_105958.jpg

2196871E-BE2B-4D22-A9DD-4E35DB494C49.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think gloss black would look better than matt black. However, I agree that you loose the wheel due to them being so dark and the tyres will look dirty in comparison. Mine are the original matt black you can buy from Evo Corse.

clio1b.jpg

Been doing a little bit of maintance on the 182 while on the christmas break.Just tidying up the sills/jacking points along with a check over etc.

The brown is not dirt,just a bit of wax oil.

20221229_150455.jpg
20221229_150529.jpg
20221229_150510.jpg

While the wheels have been off i gave them a clean.I do love this colour but still considering going a nice flat silver or even dare i say black to give the aggressive look.

20221230_151559.jpg
20221230_151630.jpg
20221230_151908.jpg

After dropping the other half this morning to her sisters i took a bit of a D Tour on the way home being it was a nice day.
Maybe the last photos before i change the wheels to silver,also considering to get a set of the Giti tyres & sell the yokos.

This year my belts are also due and will look into having Group N timing done at the same time or cam it.

Also get it booked in at my local bodyshop for some TLC on the bodywork,old girl now and showing its age being a daily.

Need to get on with powder coating and building the spare rear beam i have and fit new hardline brake pipes & treat underneath where the exhaust & fuel tank is also.

20230205_095836_resized.jpg
20230205_095516_resized.jpg
20230205_095454.jpg
20230205_095421_resized.jpg
20230205_095114_resized.jpg
20230205_095059.jpg

Nice upgrade, will look spot on in yours.

I would be interested in the BMS when you sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be fitting my PMS shifter this weekend now i have some lead shot,any good tips on installing it please that will help?.

Sorry i know about the lead,i did say this in my post.Just meant tips for when adjusting etc @ldubl

Also that fella in the youtube is 💩

Have you done all the mods to the bearing etc? I run no lead shot and dont get a vibration.

This is just with a new bearing, oring below the handbrake sleeve, lubed orings, thick gasket under tower and boot over spherical bearings packed with grease

Have you done all the mods to the bearing etc? I run no lead shot and dont get a vibration.

This is just with a new bearing, oring below the handbrake sleeve, lubed orings, thick gasket under tower and boot over spherical bearings packed with grease

No mate,ive not touched anything on it yet.But i know what bearing you mean,i was just going to fill with lead now that i have it and fit and see,then if it does vibrate,i will do the bearing mod.I kind of thought this being a brand new kit that it may of been updated already with a better bearing?

Mine doesn’t vibrate with lead shot and heat shrink selector rod. In terms of fitting, the worse part I found to be the white plastic bush at the gear box end. Getting that in and the circlip securing it was a pain even on a ramp! To adjust get the gear box in reverse, then get a helper to hold the shifter in reverse whilst you tighten the selector rod. When I did this I was able to select every gear perfectly…well a tiny bit of tweaking.

Cage is in & a big thanks to @Jekyll for wealding in the boxes for the cage to bolt to.I have got to say,what a pig of a job it is to fit a cage.If your considering doing one yourself i would say maybe consider paying someone else to fit it in or be ready for taking out all the panels,carpet,seats etc.

20230409_184720.jpg
20230409_185321.jpg
20230409_184710.jpg

Also fitted the PMS Shifter,which wasnt a to bad of a job.
Thinking to keep the shifter bare or look for someone that can do a alcantra gaiter if anyone knows of this?.

It does rattle a little,so i will change the bearing at some point to stop this.

20230409_184955.jpg

Send a message to this guy and ask for what you want regarding material and colour of stitching. You will need your old plastic frame from the gear gaitor

Cage is in & a big thanks to @Jekyll for wealding in the boxes for the cage to bolt to.I have got to say,what a pig of a job it is to fit a cage.If your considering doing one yourself i would say maybe consider paying someone else to fit it in or be ready for taking out all the panels,carpet,seats etc.

View attachment 1638371View attachment 1638372View attachment 1638373

Also fitted the PMS Shifter,which wasnt a to bad of a job.
Thinking to keep the shifter bare or look for someone that can do a alcantra gaiter if anyone knows of this?.

It does rattle a little,so i will change the bearing at some point to stop this.

View attachment 1638377

How's the PMS shifter over the BMS?
My BMS shifter is absolutely brilliant, not sure the PMS could be that much better that it warrants the £200/300 cost and putting up with the constant rattling?

My BMS shifter is absolutely brilliant, not sure the PMS could be that much better that it warrants the £200/300 cost and putting up with the constant rattling?
Much better than the BMS,even tho the bms is good the pms is much better,just goes into every gear so much better and slicker.

Something nobody else talks about with a BMS shifter is the control weight. The BMS shifter is a modified plastic item with an extended lever. It has next to zero weight to it and flops about all over the place. The gears don't feel positive and this in turn doesn't inspire confidence.
Try a PMS shifter and see if you haven't experienced it, but the PMS offers a more rigid design, its steel and carbon with spherical bearings. It offers much increased control weight, this makes the gears feel very positive and the shift action far more accurate.
The fact they look slightly similar is about their only resemblance. The PMS is worth its money over the BMS all day and some IMO.

Last edited:
Something nobody else talks about with a BMS shifter is the control weight. The BMS shifter is a modified plastic item with an extended lever. It has next to zero weight to it and flops about all over the place. The gears don't feel positive and this in turn doesn't inspire confidence.
Try a PMS shifter and see if you haven't experienced it, but the PMS offers a more rigid design, its steel and carbon with spherical bearings. It offers much increased control weight, this makes the gears feel very positive and the shift action far more accurate.
The fact they look slightly similar is about their only resemblance. The PMS is worth its money over the BMS all day and some IMO.
Can't say fairer than that!