ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

What's attracting you to the French Trophy? Just being more competitive? You'll still have to contend with the 306s.

Are they allowing sequential boxes do you know - the regs seem even freer than the tin tops.

Hi Mark - that's about it, more competitive. Not just making up the numbers - yes there will be 306's, there will always be something quicker. Just, hopefully, not so many of them.....and at the moment the regs are as open as they can be to get people interested.

Been told no to sequential boxes (unless 20 sign up for the first race), reading their other series regs I wouldn't get a look in, or would have to run in the GT 3000 (I think it's that) class -no lower weight and no power restrictions...Once they have a fair amount of runners the regs will be written over the coming year and implemented for next year, hopefully to suit all that's running.

Saying that I expect to have to make some changes (weight probably) as they seem keen on around 1050kg min weights bit lower for some classes.

At the moment there is one signed up runner and 20 or so like me, sitting on the fence dithering. I've just emailed the series coordinator and will await his reply before I commit - now the cup is ready and I can bring stuff forward if need be.

We won't get our own track time until the 3rd or 4th race - no one wants to see 3 -5 cars go round on their own....or 1 even lol.

Who knows'?

Still on the fence myself too - was told yesterday there'd be an update on their forum - seen nothing yet and the Coordinator won't tell me how many people have so far registered. Just the "if everyone who had asked this question signed up we'd have a full grid".

Going to make a decision by the end of the week as need to plan accordingly ...

And bit of a sad update to the hp count - bought this today.

ScreenHunter_28Feb121250_zps4122fae7.gif

After 10 years of walking behind a 21" mower for 3hrs a week and having better things to do with my time, plus with this I'll probably never have to cut the grass again. New driver sorted - Harry maybe Scarlett too on the stratight bits.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_28Feb121250_zps4122fae7.gif
    ScreenHunter_28Feb121250_zps4122fae7.gif
    142 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Just read Steve's reply to my post - hadn't seen that until now. Though Rockingham is the week before the CSCC Snett race and can't do both - you don't want to do Snett I know. Ive posted that i'll send my forms off tomorrow and if they do cancel it to give as much notice as poss...as it's only 4 weeks away....

Well Rockingham is now the series start

We'll register and start there....this is now our plan......(the CSCC TT's race at Snett is on the 200 circuit, just like the old oval :()

Last edited:
Busy 30mins earlier,

Cancelled the 17th March track day at Snetterton
Booked test day at Rockingham for 7th March - same circuit as the race in April too.. circuit B in the MSA blue book.
Filled in forms to register for the French Trophy series and race application for Rockingham.

sorted...

Had a M14 x1.5 wheel nut arrive today, will grind the angled bit off so it's flat, drill some holes for locking wire and will screw it on my top mount and lock wire it in place ..if it looks\goes OK i'll get another one and do the same to the other side.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Thats the layout they used for FCS. nice bit of infield. the section of main oval makes a clio feel stupidly slow, it's SO wide!

Cup In bits
Yup or you'll end up swapping ends with a big lift. Shouldn't be too bad in a Clio, the first 1/3rd of the corner would be the worst I would think if you were going in about a ton.