ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

No, just the doors - but spent the money on the ride on - so will have to wait until winter now - If I bother. See how the testing goes next week, I may find the money in drawer (or get knocked of the bike)....stranger things have happened, depends if I get a good feeling on the day or not.

Plus as the TARC races are only 15 mins each no need to fill up...Going to run it to the red put 20 ltrs in an see what's left after 15 mins. 5 ltrs hopefully.

While I'm here;

What's a decent Clio time for the BTCC circuit at Rockinham?

Last edited:
Doing a bit of headlight correction over the weekend (as well as lots of other things)- bought a Meguiar's headlight "one step" restoration kit....after pricing up 1200, 1500 grit, scratch x and elbow grease - the extra £5 on the kit seemed a small price to pay.

Looked at the lights in a recent photo and they almost look yellow....

Ok, look forward to the read.....Pic of my crystal headlights later too..lol

Came home to find my dad whizzing round on the mower too.....ffs. He's never cut my grass before! (not complaining mind, busy weekend on the cup ahead)

Done a fair bit today, saw fresh fluid seeping from this PAS connector (from the middle of the plug??), cleaned it up and none has re appeared, though there is plenty of old oil further down the pipe..so must seep when engine on etc. Can I replace just this or will I need the whole pipe affair?

WP_000112_zps47c0ffe0.jpg

Copied James and put on my rear diamond.

Looks good, used locking wire to secure the diamond and boot button, sprayed the filler that I put in the hole last year ready for the novice X to go back on.

WP_000113_zps3c3fc933.jpg

Gave the bay a once over - lock wired my "new" top mount securing nuts, going to have to nip the oil filter up as got a seep there, looking and sounding good.

WP_000114_zpse9bb55be.jpg

Removed loads of filth from under the wheel arches - took it for a spin after the lsd was put in, up the track..won't do that again on a wet day!

Secured the false drivers floor with bolts rather than the self tappers put in last year, now doesn't move\flex. Tided up some cables in the cab - though not all.

Deep clean tomorrow inside and out then back on the trailer ready for the off on Thursday.

Might be sad but thinking of this for the front of the Cup when towing - rear too. It's a mess when its towed in the wet. Might just do the whole car!! Maybe not. Bucket etc would prob be easier though.

Ha, can just see my crystal headlights....not 100% though. Wished I'd bought the 1200, 1500 & scratch X now. The One step stuff needs a 1st more abrasive cut\step, making it a two step process - anyway race car innit.

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
Lol Pete, bring a bucket and a sponge to a race weekend.

That PAS pipe that you thinks leaking is usually the sensor, replacing it usually resolves the leak. I priced that short pipes n your pic during the week with Adam and it retails at £232 or something stupid for that tiny little section, the other hose that goes round the back isn't even that much FFS.

Lol Pete, bring a bucket and a sponge to a race weekend.

That PAS pipe that you thinks leaking is usually the sensor, replacing it usually resolves the leak. I priced that short pipes n your pic during the week with Adam and it retails at £232 or something stupid for that tiny little section, the other hose that goes round the back isn't even that much FFS.

I'll price up a PAS sensor - didn't appear to be leaking today,strange.

Bucket and sponge Pete.

Not even a little bit of wrap?????? :cry:

I do believe race car number 17 is ready for the 2013 season......

WP_000115_zps3871a3b8.jpg

WP_000116_zpseabd227b.jpg

WP_000117_zps23526ea1.jpg

WP_000119_zpsd99e01d2.jpg

Can see some errant wires that I've not sorted in this pic, for the power to the camera and driver - pax comms.

Can't wait for this Thursday and Rockingham's shake down.

182cup & 172 racecar
Good luck on Thursday Pete, do you still need your yellow/black cross novice sticker?

We had a good day on Friday at Oulton, so #4 is ready to rock & roll.

Good luck on Thursday Pete, do you still need your yellow/black cross novice sticker?

We had a good day on Friday at Oulton, so #4 is ready to rock & roll.

Thanks Tony,
Yes - still need a couple of sigs to make 6...or do you only show the cross for the first year?

Saw the vid on You tube - looking good I must say.

Just seen the time table for Rockingham on the TARC

Early Q session...:( Hope it's not a damp one being early and first on track.

Nippon Challenge Qualifying 09:00 09:15 00:15
Nippon Challenge Race 1 12:00 12:15 00:15
Nippon Challenge Race 4 15:25 15:40 00:15

182cup & 172 racecar
Bound to be, esp with that big Grandstand creating a massive shadow.

That forum is all over the place, I can't find anything lol.

Great stuff Pete :) Looking good! Best of luck for the test

Thanks James

Bound to be, esp with that big Grandstand creating a massive shadow.

That forum is all over the place, I can't find anything lol.

Yes their forum is a nightmare - once you've been CS'd (not the gas - though I've tried many times & still don't like it) any other forum is rather underwhelming.

Think Sam's getting nervous for the 7th, just had a barrage of questions etc..... Youtube tonight then.

Ooooh, got a HDMI out on the new PC, now hooked up to the flat screen on the wall watching you tube BTCC clio cup races from Rockingham 2012 in the lounge - it's rubbish watching though the PS3, limits you to 480 resolution or less...1080P much better (if the vid is in HD).

Some good family watching that.

Watched the 2012 Rockingham 1st Clio Cup race about 6 times and then loads of FWD on board camera races, it's a hard life having a wife into motorsports.......arguing about when to turn in lol.

Looking Good chap. I did the PAS pipe on mine to recently.

Thanks! I'll be getting the PAS sensor replaced after the March 7th I should think. Maybe the rear brake bias valve too.....depending on how it performs on the 7th also.

182cup & 172 racecar
Plato had Tweeted

"Good wet testing at Rockingham today, learnt a lot. Some pesky Clio kept getting in the way" ;)

How did it go Pete?