ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Been checking out the competition in the class we'll be running with at first until the european numbers get high enough to run on our own - think they'll be in for a shock. There's a fair bit of pi33 taking going on, on the TARC forum now they have some new European friends.

Looking at their Brands 2012 results - 300-400BHP in most of the top runners looking at the build threads too.

At Brand s last year we were 57 sec's we've got another year's experience and can better that no problem. Tony and Jay were 55 -54 sec.

ScreenHunter_17Mar271105_zpsbffa1b47.gif

Be in amongst them for sure.....

Clio 172
Must be wet looking at those times, especially if you're saying some of the cars were running 400bhp and they are no quicker than Tony and Jay in the Clio. Either that or you have joined the Sunday Drivers racing league.

This could be good.

I was a bit nervous at first running with the nippons and all their HP - not now if these times are dry....

I'm going to try make it to rockingham work dependant, looks a good mix!

Don't forget there's two fast parts...out of pif paf and after Brook S through Turn 1 to Dean where we'll be left behind - maybe...

Just looked at their Silverston National times and they don't appear to be all that special - not done the track myself but sure Tony and Jay were quicker??

Last edited:
This is going to be hilarious lol! Racing turbo nutter barges might be pain though, over take mid corner get passed on exit.. repeat repeat repeat :)

Looking forward to seeing you all at Rockingham

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Just been told that the TARC had a complete dry season last year, think we'll upset a few of them for sure....lol. Rockingham will be good.

Come on Dan, is it ready yet....

Head was in the oven at about 4pm so the new guides can be pressed in. Exhaust side was SLOPPPYYYYYYY! First thing engineer said when I took it in was "I don't know how these don't knock the heads off the valves with play like that" My reply: "They DO!!"

Cup In bits
What was the compression figures like before you stripped it Pete and did it just start swallowing oil or it had been for a good time?

I think I'm gong to enjoy this. :)

Trying to provoke\ stir a bit of trouble with the Nippons on their forum - no bites as yet...pah.

That guy has only one gear!

Should think they all be in third...

Head was in the oven at about 4pm so the new guides can be pressed in. Exhaust side was SLOPPPYYYYYYY! First thing engineer said when I took it in was "I don't know how these don't knock the heads off the valves with play like that" My reply: "They DO!!"

Did you manage to pick the head up on Thursday PM?

What was the compression figures like before you stripped it Pete and did it just start swallowing oil or it had been for a good time?

Started half way through the Rockingahm test day (march 7th) then used 300-500ml of oil in 45 mins

Swallowing oil then......quickly!!!

Glad I didn't leave it until after the Rockingham race to sort now, would have gone big time part way through the day for sure. Be touch an go as it is for it to be ready, looking like a friday pick up after Mapping on the 5th and a trip either straight to Rockingham or back home. See what the weather does - forecast to be very cold and snow for the end of next week.

Cup In bits
Just as well from the pics for sure, good luck with the build and getting it to Rockingham on time. At least its not up to you I guess for the work to be done in time.

Bit of a update - going to be a tight one for this weekend - still waiting on some vital parts, valves, rods and pistons....nothing too bad (?). Head all done skimmed, guides replaced etc. Other parts ready just waiting on the big "3". Bit like the African big 5 but only smaller and not so many.

Bit of a update - going to be a tight one for this weekend - still waiting on some vital parts, valves, rods and pistons....nothing too bad (?). Head all done skimmed, guides replaced etc. Other parts ready just waiting on the big "3". Bit like the African big 5 but only smaller and not so many.
I was just wondering this morning how it was going! God that is going to be too tight surely? The block hasn't been machined yet if the pistons haven't arrived? I don't know where Dan gets his stuff from but when we enquired a couple of weeks ago lead time on rods and pistons were 10 days but super tech UK had the valves in stock. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you all :)

Last edited:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I was just wondering this morning how it was going! God that is going to be too tight surely? The block hasn't been machined yet if the pistons haven't arrived? I don't know where Dan gets his stuff from but when we enquired a couple of weeks ago lead time on rods and pistons were 10 days but super tech UK had the valves in stock. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you all :)

not using supertech ;) Valves and pistons were meant to have been on the shelf, and rods 3 days away. That was last monday. Someone's getting some f**ks thrown into them tomorrow. One supplier said 6 weeks for rods.

All in hand, I have contingencies anyhow. Mapping time isn't a problem, thats why I have my own rolling road.
I do do this for a living, it's actually what I get paid for ;)

Oooo interesting would be good to hear what you guys have gone for especially if they are better than the supertechs :)

Typical isn't it :(, Hope everything turns up and it all gets sorted!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mapping time isn't a problem, thats why I have my own rolling road.
I do do this for a living, it's actually what I get paid for ;)

Do you use the rolling road to generate data logs to send to ktec so they can still write all the files for you or can you now edit the standard ecu yourself then Dan?

Cool toy to have a rolling road of your own, Im very jealous :)

Going down to Dan's for midday today - this is the final cut off point, if part's haven't arrived by 1pm we're going to put back as standard for this weekend, map tomorrow, do the race and then fit the forged parts at a later date. Think we'll just be missing the pistons at the end of today - pity, as Dan's supplier said they were on the shelf - turns out the shelf possibly wasn't in this country.

That's the plan unless the pistons are guaranteed arriving first thing tomorrow..lol. Got to be flexible...

Good luck Pete hope you get it all done in time.

Thanks mate - see you on the day?

That is going to be tight Pete. I guess you'll need mapping time too?

How late can you cancel and still get your money back? With the TT it would be tomorrow (Wednesday)...

yes - though wouldn't be half as much fun if it all went to plan...on plan 5 now. Think it's not as over subscribed as TT's no reserves etc and I could probably move move my entry fee to the next race if I asked nicely I suspect.

Oooo interesting would be good to hear what you guys have gone for especially if they are better than the supertechs :)

Typical isn't it :(, Hope everything turns up and it all gets sorted!

Cheers James. not too sure they are better than Supertechs of equal quality for sure - a one piece valve is a one piece valve I suspect. Can't remember the manufacturer but will update later.

I want to see a count down, like 24

Well, think I've 1800 minutes left or so...

Focus ST
Hi,
I've spent the last few evenings reading this thread from start to finish, found this as I have been googling for loads of info on cscc tin tops as I'm interested in taking part at some point!

All the best with the rebuild and hope you get it sorted in time! I was hoping to watch on the 14th and walk around the pits to learn a bit more, but have to fly to Germany instead.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Well 2 out of 3 bits turned up. The 2 non essential ones......sigh.

479838_491897720864054_715208718_n.jpg

Still, this means I can spend more time getting the fresh engine absolutely perfect rather than rushing to put it together.
I found out today that the pistons which i was told were in stock in the UK, have actually been out of stock in Germany for over a month, and they're not doing another run for 6 weeks.

So contingency plan in full effect, standard engine with ARPs and 438s added is running as of about an hour ago, and I'll dyno it tomorrow morning