ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

This is looking awesome

Good to see you got such a good finish with rattle cans - gives me the confidence I needed to have a go at mine when it warms up a bit :D

Cheers Phil....lucky I had somewhere to go with a big heater, otherwise I'd been stuck and having to leave until later on in the year. Once I got going it was OK...1 tip...keep the spray nozzles from the primer\undercoat cans (circle effect) as I found the colour cans (I got from Autopaint) came with a fan effect nozzle, no good for spraying a cage...I had a fan nozzle and a circle nozzle can going at the same time...paint on paint off style..lol.

Looking like I'm having to remove the passenger wiper so I can get the extinguisher and eng cut off switch on the scuttle panel there, can get an Citroen AX single wiper mech and motor for £25, any one now how easy these are to fit?

There is a Storm single wiper mech +blade for £73 + £7 delivery from Venom...easier option?

Just remembered got £60 Demon Tweek vouchers of the In Laws for Christmas and with CS discount makes the storm wiper kit £70, £10 to me...result.

172 Race Car
Ours is Citroen AX. Needs some body cutting to fit, nothing too bad. Photos on Burpspeed.com

£25 for the linkage? Thats a rip off, I paid £5 at the scrappy.

Ours is Citroen AX. Needs some body cutting to fit, nothing too bad. Photos on Burpspeed.com

£25 for the linkage? Thats a rip off, I paid £5 at the scrappy.

Did have the motor too :p, all academic now as after adding the cost of AX mech + wiper arm and messing around fitting..... just ordered the storm kit for a tenner from tweeks.

Just found a picture to help me fit my oil heat exchanger...got the same part and will now crack on and get it fitted....(pity I can't just buy the lump instead).

ScreenHunter_33Jan191227.gif

172 Race Car
Did have the motor too :p, all academic now as after adding the cost of AX mech + wiper arm and messing around fitting..... just ordered the storm kit for a tenner from tweeks.
Bit late now but the Clio motor fits the citroen linkage prefectly, saves messing with the wiring then.

Its also the same linkage on an Elise im reliably informed

172 Race Car
prob not as good as a proper oil cooler setup. We had one for ages but never fitted it. Someone we race with had one split in a race after a bump. This is bettter than nothing, which is what we would probably have

Bit late now but the Clio motor fits the citroen linkage prefectly, saves messing with the wiring then.

Now if you'd said that in your first post, could've got a linkage posted for a tenner.........

prob not as good as a proper oil cooler setup. We had one for ages but never fitted it. Someone we race with had one split in a race after a bump. This is bettter than nothing, which is what we would probably have

At £25 inc postage from eBay a whole lot cheaper...seen on the net (scrap yards advertising ) for £35-£50. So plenty out there..

Golf GTD Mk7

Fare enough pal. It's interesting to see these other options :) they will be better for curb bashing for sure. Standard cooler brackets are rubbish

Those heat exchangers are used on 106 gti's too - they're awesome

They aren't as good at cooling as an oil cooler - but most people don't really need an oil cooler. These will do the job 99% of the time - but also they help heat the oil up quicker due to running hot water through them - protects the engine. Wouldn't mind one on mine!

I knew it couldn't last.....had first domestic about the car this weekend. Sams horse, Kevin, had to have his stable back (aka Clio store room) due to tripping and hurting his leg, he must be in pain as he can't put it down as I was told (vet coming today and that'll make me wince i'm sure). Found all the the clio stuff all over the place wheels, remaining poly windows scattered to the outside, my carbon bike in the hay barn....hmmm. I need a garage.

I'm removing the heater fan and matrix and before I shell out for T7 lightweight heater I'm going to try a 12 volt hairdryer and some ducting, question I have is about amps...the 12v hairdryer draws 14 amps what efect will that have on the car. What amps does the alternator produce?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cups have a 80 amp alternator on them mate. Not sure what effect it will have on the car tbh. Just means your working the alternator more which leads to reduced lifespan and slight reduction in engine power.

182cup & 172 racecar
Pete,I'd leave it in.

a. if you get a wet day,there is nothing worse than the car steaming up.

b. helps remove heat from the engine,especially on the cool down lap,turn the fan on full blast,open window and
watch that temp gauge go down.

Car looks great mate, Keep up the good work!

Thanks...it's getting there.........

Those heat exchangers are used on 106 gti's too - they're awesome

They aren't as good at cooling as an oil cooler - but most people don't really need an oil cooler. These will do the job 99% of the time - but also they help heat the oil up quicker due to running hot water through them - protects the engine. Wouldn't mind one on mine!

Sorting out fitting mine and noticed it's missing the o ring seal that mates with the engine...trying to get one..Ren uk say comes with the oil cooler £196.........doh never noticed in my excitement when it arrived.

It's a good space saving, hassle free option.

For sure unless you're missing a vital o ring seal....:(

Cups have a 80 amp alternator on them mate. Not sure what effect it will have on the car tbh. Just means your working the alternator more which leads to reduced lifespan and slight reduction in engine power.

Hmmmm that's kinda putting me off the idea now....

Pete,I'd leave it in.

a. if you get a wet day,there is nothing worse than the car steaming up.

b. helps remove heat from the engine,especially on the cool down lap,turn the fan on full blast,open window and
watch that temp gauge go down.

Now wished I didn't buy the hairdryer...... I'll swap it for a 1.9DCI oil cooler O ring seal...........anybody?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
the seal comes in a bottom end gasket set from renault. Pretty sure I can find you one that's been leftover

Getting it back together now....tried the battery and fire extinguisher in different places, seem to be in the better places for both when you consider cables, fire ext pulls and discharge runs. Wouldn' matter so much if I didn't want to keep the pax seat or have everything so the seat can be removed and installed easily.

cliobattery.jpg

the Aerocatches...and external cutoff and external fire extinguisher pull.

Cliobonnetcatches.jpg