ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top mount rubbing/creaking issue - after fitting coilovers

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I fitted my KW Ultimate coilies a few days ago and ever since when I steer to the right the o/s top mount is creaking like mad, I got my missus to sit in the car while she turned the steering wheel and when looking at the top mount it seems to be too tight???

The rubber is warped as if it is on too tight, but I don't want to loosen it incase it falls off while I'm driving or something, any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Liam

Fabia VRS Special Ed
spring, disc, bearing, rubber cup, metal piece that slots into rubber, car, top mount.

There were 2 black spacers that came with the coilovers, should they have been fitted?

pic here

f_onw5kbn6ffim_e17ce1a.jpg

should be the rubber bit that fits inside the spring, then the orange metal part, then the black tube you see then.

After this you part B and the un-labeled parts fit inside Part A and then bolts on top of what you have with a thin bolt which iirc is 17mm.

Then that fits through the hole in the car and part C screws on top.

This is the only was i can explain lol, hopefully this helps and doesn't just confuse you.

Might not be, but when i had them fitted, i had them on. By looking it as, when you tighten the bolt that hold the rubber part and the bearings on top, the black spacer will push the orange part down compressing the spring more. Might be why the rubber mount looks warped when tightening it up.
Sorry i can't be more helpful ;o.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Some pics? I'll have a damn good crack at helping then.

If anything the top cap should be very loose/high up after fitting coilovers, so shouldn't be too tight.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Fixed them!

Will was right in saying that the two black spacers were needed, I was told by someone else that they weren't but I'm made up now that it's sorted :)