ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Totalled my car this evening on way back from Milton Keynes :( Through a Fence

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
TPFT isnt bad guys.
Some people like myself when i first started, i wasnt paying 3K + for a 1.2L 1998 clio. 1.5K was expensive enough for me, but i had to take TPFT.

I took TPFT again for two years before i went Fully Comp. But i would have only got 800 quid max for the car i reckon anyway. So wasnt that great.

Fiesta is Fully Comp and that was cheaper to insure than the clio with or without 3 years NCB.

Sorry for the crash, im sure someone would fix that for you, could even buy a crap car, and fix it yourself.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Pics of fence?

I don't know enough about repairing cars but with 1k in the bank I get you could get it back on the road, maybe not perfect to start with but drivable and usablr again, save up a bit more while and then get it mint again. Seems silly to loss so much by just braking it!

Like I said tho I don't know enough about cost etc to be sure, looks like the sill is bent, which could make what im saying a complete waste of breath!!

Can you not cancel your insurance policy and try and get as much money as possible back from what ou haven't used? Would certainly help anyway

Gutted for you mate

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Like others have said that is fixable. I deffinatly wouldnt break it.

Id get that rear quarter pannel and sill pulled out as much as you can, second hand bootlid and door and axle, new headlight and just straighten up what you can to make it road legal again. Then just save up to get it fixed properly. My mate put his zetec s on its side and it had worse damage than that and he did exactly what i said above.

Clio 172
Well sadly guys and girls the car has already been towed away and I have decided to get a vintage VW beetle for a year and then buy a 182 when i can afford it.

Suzuki Ignis
I'm 20 and was paying £1590 a year. Only went third party as don't do many miles.

Tom

LOL thinking TPFT is better coz you dont cover many miles.

The difference between fully comp & TPFT isnt what miles your covering, its what happens to you in the event of a single accident. Financially its gunna be better for you, as long you didnt hit anyone/anything else and your car a s**tter that you dont mind loosing the money on in the event of an accident.

And not being able to afford the car, getting a bank loan and then not going fully comp, wowza. Why did you not just get more money so you could go full comp?

I know you probably already know all this, sorry for going on and sorry for your loss of car and intact ring piece.

On the bright side, at least you walked out of it and nobody else got hurt.

Suzuki Ignis
Well sadly guys and girls the car has already been towed away and I have decided to get a vintage VW beetle for a year and then buy a 182 when i can afford it.

Oh just seen this, VW FTW!

See, if you hadnt got the loan to get the 172, then smashed it up, you may never have gone German. You'll seriously miss the little luxuries though.

clio 182
Your insurance policy should be going just need another car to swap it over it, could of been alot worse pal, just get as much overtime in as you can to get back to the same standard of car and get perfecting joinery and go fix the fence!! Lol. Bad luck tho.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT
Alright Tom, sorry to hear about your car mate especially after you had only just had it fixed up! Hopefully you will be back in one in the not too distant future. BTW the little diesel you sold me is still going strong - put about 3000 miles on it since I bought it and it has not missed a beat!

182 ff

mate the main thing is ur ok , i wrote 2 clios off in 6 months and was fully comp on both still suffering now after 4 years with insurance so i wouldnt worry about all the tpft haters !

have you decided what to do with the car !

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure you're sick of people preaching. It's a shame what has happened. I packed in third party insurance many years ago at 21 when on a cheap car some uninsured c**t hit me.

If I am being cynical I'd say if you cannot afford to insure a car you cannot afford to buy it and that value of car on TPFT is hefty.

And:

that is blatently fixable! if that happened at a race meet, the car would be out in the next race without doubt.

looks bad in them pics, but given a couple of days, few panels and a large amount if beer, i'd get it fixed. another bit of booze money and my mate would respray it.

you've not hit anything hard, nothing serious is bent/broken. it'll fix. probably for about 1k. happy days!!

What?

Titanium 182
s**t dat got sickkk stance yo

attachment.jpg

Camber shims ?

Sucks though.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Back end looks smarter without that rear wiper mate.

Gutted for you! Car looks pretty bad, lucky you weren't hurt.

Who cares about the clio.

Classic Beetle :approve:
Get pics up when you get it, lots of pics!

Onwards and upwards!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
that is blatently fixable! if that happened at a race meet, the car would be out in the next race without doubt.

looks bad in them pics, but given a couple of days, few panels and a large amount if beer, i'd get it fixed. another bit of booze money and my mate would respray it.

you've not hit anything hard, nothing serious is bent/broken. it'll fix. probably for about 1k. happy days!!

i dont believe you :rasp:

although i bet gally can fix that in his dinner hour, using only a hammer and a screwdriver iirc ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Duck tape would also be required and possibly 5 self tapping screw depending how bad that axle is.

:eek:

Sorry I just read your quote! He thinks that's fixable!

Please please can I be there when you fix it?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
He actually did say that's fixable!

Man the roflecopters!

I was thinking much the same TBH. It's structurally fucked to my eyes. Bent floor and everything. I often chuckle at the "twenty quid from the scrappies and a Halfords rattle can" outlook of some people.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Look at that back axle!

If those mounting points are straight i'm the pope!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
oh yeh most definately

from a safety aspect its insecure, you know, with the door being about a foot adrift of the b post, nothing a few cable ties wouldnt sort :approve:

i actually want to see Timmy repair it, just to prove us wrong :cool:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
As said i'd like to be there when he does, i'll even cook the bbq and bring the beers.

CS meet?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
you could fix it, but the money you spend fixing it would exceed £1000 unless you did all the work yourself, had a jig and a magic wand

Clio 172
Haha ... No worries guys IT WONT BE BEING FIXED ... Classic VW Beetle has already been purchased this morning. Going to pick up Thursday :)

Tom

clio 182 sport
mate the main thing is ur ok , i wrote 2 clios off in 6 months and was fully comp on both still suffering now after 4 years with insurance so i wouldnt worry about all the tpft haters !

have you decided what to do with the car !

They get you one way or another...... If there wasnt money to make they wouldnt do it.

Wonder who paying for the fence repair ? Does Third Party cover that.

You live and learn.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Nasty..................................

I'll take the drivers side wing mirror including cap if you decide you want to break it.

The vulture circles.....