ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracing missing service history?

David172Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
My 172 Cup has 62K on the clock with a good history file - evidence of 9 oil changes and 2 belt changes, plus all the usual stuff.
The problem is I have no service history before 26K miles.
Does anyone know if Renault keeps service data going back to 2003? Is there a database that a Renault dealer could access?
The earliest servicing garage is now Lookers Nissan, so they're not going to help.
Any advice appreciated.

Good question! I’m in a similar boat with my car. It came to me with zero history yet I’ve managed to track down previous owners who state there was a large history file with the car. It seems it got lost along the way.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
usually you would be able to go to the dealership and assuming they have not had any major systems upgrades where they didn't migrate old data after a certain date then you would be able to get a print out of the service records, we recently done it for a clio 197. But if the garage has since changed hands and franchise then I doubt thats going to be possible but its worth asking the question if it was a buy over rather than a closure with a new business then moving in

David172Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
OK thanks - I guess then there is no great Renault database-in-the-sky that can be accessed?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
OK thanks - I guess then there is no great Renault database-in-the-sky that can be accessed?
There is a renault database, but only if serviced with them. Contact renaultpartsdirect, Paul helped me out a while back when I asked.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
That’s Renault Retail groups database, not Renault U.K. unfortunately there is no RUK database. Only thing you can do is call around and hope you find something. If you check the vehicle MOT history you may want to call the MOt centre that did the tests to see if they serviced it at the same time, you can also work out approximately where your car was registered by the reg prefix. So call the supplying dealer and see what they did. Getting harder getting copies of invoices since GDPR became more of a thing.

My 172 Cup has 62K on the clock with a good history file - evidence of 9 oil changes and 2 belt changes, plus all the usual stuff.
The problem is I have no service history before 26K miles.
Does anyone know if Renault keeps service data going back to 2003? Is there a database that a Renault dealer could access?
The earliest servicing garage is now Lookers Nissan, so they're not going to help.
Any advice appreciated.
Unlikely but is it still on the original reg plates?