ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRACK TROPHY 381 – PROGRESS TO DATE

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
hope this helps - ebay 281973413099

JMT - HJTX14H-FP-SI
Voltage
12 V
Capacity 4 Ah (10 Std)
Type Lithium Ion
Capacity 48 Wh
CCA (Cold crank amps) 240 A
Cold Start Current Method Measurement SAE
Length 150 mm
Width 87 mm
Height (battery) 93mm
Weight (including acid) 0.898 kg
Terminal connection Front or above
Breather hose Without
Manufacturer JMT

Very interesting, think that's the one I was looking at that. Is that the one you have? A bargain compared to the race batteries.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Very interesting, think that's the one I was looking at that. Is that the one you have? A bargain compared to the race batteries.
It is, as I say it has started mine about 20 times from cold in the drive, car hasn't moved and I haven't disconnected it, only drain is the alarm and it seems to perform perfectly. Fraser has done two track nights on his now with no issues and a few guys in Track Scotland have had them in last year with rather high BHP turbo cars and no issues.......... at £60 it has to be worth a try :up::smile:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
It is, as I say it has started mine about 20 times from cold in the drive, car hasn't moved and I haven't disconnected it, only drain is the alarm and it seems to perform perfectly. Fraser has done two track nights on his now with no issues and a few guys in Track Scotland have had them in last year with rather high BHP turbo cars and no issues.......... at £60 it has to be worth a try :up::smile:

Also

Standard battery 12kg

Odyssey type race battery 7kg

Lithium powder battery under 1kg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several

Thanks bud, that's great. I will do a bit more research and see if it's suitable. The difficulty with my car is that I will be putting more strain on the electrical systems with spotlights etc so I do need to be careful.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Pitking ordered you say?

Thank me later :wink:
Much easier to install than an aero catch too :)

WP_20160409_002.jpg

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
How's it holding the bumper mate? Solid I take it?
Holds it pretty well. I haven't cut the lip back yet and still left the clips on but it does hold well, cant believe how strong they are for the size of them.... I trimmed back the bit of the bumper the tyre rubs on / shaped so they are probably not required, but if nothing else gives it that race car look lol....

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Holds it pretty well. I haven't cut the lip back yet and still left the clips on but it does hold well, cant believe how strong they are for the size of them.... I trimmed back the bit of the bumper the tyre rubs on / shaped so they are probably not required, but if nothing else gives it that race car look lol....
Yeah I was impressed with their strength as well mate. I've got to trim the return lip on mine. Lol! They're a bit too close on 888r's in 205/45 16!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
A few final tweaks and a bit of maintenance today:

wasn't too keen on the foot plates I had bought, so I had some aluminium checker plate shaped and installed it today to give me a flat floor, much more comfortable!

battery isolator finally arrived, so I can kill the power under the bonnet and stop battery drain, very neat and means I can lock the car before I kill the power.

- also power steering sensor developed a leak, so new one ordered and fitted :)

WP_20160416_003.jpg
WP_20160416_004.jpg
WP_20160416_001.jpg
WP_20160416_006.jpg

Kinda wish I hadn't cancelled the track day for tomorrow now, as other than a wash, polish n detail she's ready to go!! Weathers looking good too, oh other than the snow warning for tonight lol :)

Anyway, 3 of the mates are competing in SLS tomorrow so I'll be there to lend a hand... Unfortunately the Trophy will be at home, despite Fraser thinking it would good to bring it along as a parts donor car!!

Anyway hope to catch up with a good few of you tomorrow :)

182 arctic
checker plates look great ,
are you still pleased with the oreca wheel is it 300mm?... looks nice size.. was just about to order a RS one but like the look of this better...
cheers
andy

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
checker plates look great ,
are you still pleased with the oreca wheel is it 300mm?... looks nice size.. was just about to order a RS one but like the look of this better...
cheers
andy
Cheers mate.

Yeah the wheel is perfect, no issues with it at all.... I was actually going to change it over in the winter break to the Sabalt RS one as well, just to match the seats and the RS theme but I do like the look of this one so stuck with it :)

Ph.2 172 / A6 Qttro
In fact i missed this... you charge the JMT Battery with the normal alternator? No additional equipment needed?

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I love this car! Proper approach and everything done well and no corners cut!

How did you wire in the kill switch? Just wired to the negative or positive?

And what sort of terminals on the battery?

Cheers.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I love this car! Proper approach and everything done well and no corners cut!

How did you wire in the kill switch? Just wired to the negative or positive?

And what sort of terminals on the battery?

Cheers.
Thanks mate.

I have a in car kill switch, that needs to be wired in. But to stop battery drain whilst not in use I needed a separate one under the bonnet as i needed to be able to lock the car, them kill the battery to stop drain, all works well as I lock car with remote, kill power and then lock the bonnet with aero catches, that's after all the other wheel locks n security add ons are in place too lol.

Basically just broke the earth wire so no battery use / drain
.... only draw back to the small battery is it drains within 2 weeks with immobiliser, plus side is if its sits idling for 5 mins its fully charged again :)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
There's still spaces on the trackday, get yourself there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spent all day between Neil / Fraser & Stu in the SLS mate so didn't really have the time. weather was a mixed bag and the sessions did become a little empty as the day went on so there would have been plenty of room :up:

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Have you got the part number for that 1.2 heatshield mate? Sure it was in this thread but being dense and cant find it!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
This Trophy is a bit of a paradox. I don't know of many pristine track slags as accomplished as this :tonguewink::up: It looks superb.
Cheers mate, a work in progress that's shaping up :). Took it for a spin last night, feels good so lets hope she holds up this year getting driven in anger !!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well a complete boredom update this time.... Spent the weekend before last helping the 3 mates with their first round of SLS and despite my thoughts that trackdays would be more fun, I kinda liked it. So curiosity getting the better of me I got some stickers to see how the Trophy would looks all numbered up. I'm not sure about it, although Fraser is a fan an wants me to sign up tomorrow lol.....

Stickers are obviously removable and unless I do SLS they may come off as it does lose its understated look.... Hmmm is a track toy after all :)

WP_20160425_032.jpg
WP_20160425_033.jpg
WP_20160425_026.jpg

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Also, after seeing how pretty Arran's looked with it's interior paint job, I attacked the boot floor with a rattle can, must admit I like how even and tidy it is, its just a pitty I cant get everything stripped out, masked up, painted n back in within a week!

Possibly needs to be a darker in colour, but this is a satin paint so keeps it a little understated ( says the boy who just plastered fluorescent stickers all over it!!)

I do have a 3 week gap between track days coming up so it may be worth tackling it :)

WP_20160424_001.jpg
WP_20160424_002.jpg

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Good to speak to you buddy. Car goes well!

Cheers mate, it was good when we got going.

Iv just cancelled the 22nd sessions day though as it was overly busy yesterday...... Booked for the 11th June open day (9 to 1) instead as its a good bit quieter and we can start to chase some times ;)

Hope to catch up with you again soon

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
A little Track day update...... (KNOCKHILL 08.05.2016)

Everyone was up early yesterday and of course in true knockhill fashion, despite it being dry everywhere else it rained for the first hour!! Only good thing was it only dampened the first session and the dry line appeared and within another hour the sun was out and air temp was in the high teens / twenty :smile:!! Initially that was good but certainly made you tired and made it a long day!! Generally a good day though and certainly a Clio race day, 25/ 30 there and everyone having fun!!

As far as the Trophy goes, all the little mods over the winter seemed to work :up: car ran brilliantly all day, no rubbing or noises at all, so the bumper bracket removal was perfect! The lexan window mod I have mixed views on. I love the look, they pop outs were brilliant when the car was moving, but the temps yesterday meant the greenhouse effect kicked in when we're sitting still. I'll persevere with this just now as they are there for a reason. Floor plates were great, I had mixed views on them before I went up, but the level floor is a great thing:up:

Was very surprised Yesterday. As I mentioned before we were trouble free unlike my previous first track day troubles.... Only slight issue was a shudder under heavy braking that developed about 3 sessions in. The worst always goes through your mind, but it was never unsafe and the car was running well. Anyway it's been up on the jacks, everything checked over and absolutely no play on anything!! Only thing I can think is that I have warped the discs. Up until now I ran rc6 pads and they wear very quickly say 3 to 4 track days with a bit of crumble. This year I switched to rc8s and after 3 heavy sessions they have hardly worn, are perfectly formed and they did work very well all day, down side is they ruin discs........ ????? Or maybe I just have a bad batch of brembo HCs ????? Ill order a new set up and get them changed over to see. It's always a hassle bedding them in now the car doesn't get run on the road and taking it easy on track just never seems to happen. Any thoughts from anyone on the shudder appreciated, but as I say nothing obvious at all:monkey:

Couple of people had said they have a few good photos of the car on track so when they come through I'll post some up (if they're flattering lol).

Good seeing and speaking to few new faces yesterday and hope to see a few of you on the 11th June :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Caught you going round a few times, looked good!

Told you get in group 1...up front.. gives you endless space :smile:

Lol, that's ok but we were catching the back markers 4 laps in.... Would think similar issues in group 1:monkey:

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
My new brembo hc's done the same after half a day at snetterton a couple weeks ago! I think it's just warped as I used the sighting laps to try and bed them in but as you say it's hard to go out and bed brakes in lol, car looks amazing btw mate!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
My new brembo hc's done the same after half a day at snetterton a couple weeks ago! I think it's just warped as I used the sighting laps to try and bed them in but as you say it's hard to go out and bed brakes in lol, car looks amazing btw mate!
Cheers mate.

Yeah I think that's the issue too. Next day is an open pit so I may have better luck bedding them in. Strange thing is they did 2 days at the end of last year with no issue so id have hoped that they were ready for punishment this year!

At least they are cheap! :)