ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo 172

some snaps:
finished.jpg

finished2.jpg

needs a bit of a clean, anyone with OCD want to pop around with your wet and dry, or what ever ones uses to clean stuff these days?

Thanks guys, I was initially concerned about how well my little toy would go down on Cliosport, so it's great to have so much positive comment.
:D

looking good andy, how long till you want more power

are you asking when my GTiR will be running, or when my 5 will be running? :(

I think it's probably OK for power, it might see a few 'cheap' tweaks, but I'm not in the £100 for 3hp game, and I can't be bothered with a decat. It really wants the bugs ironing out, and a bit of a restoration as I've neglected that side.

anyway, who has a good 225 engine and box going cheap :eek:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
are you asking when my GTiR will be running, or when my 5 will be running? :(

I think it's probably OK for power, it might see a few 'cheap' tweaks, but I'm not in the £100 for 3hp game, and I can't be bothered with a decat. It really wants the bugs ironing out, and a bit of a restoration as I've neglected that side.

anyway, who has a good 225 engine and box going cheap :eek:

lol since ive known u ive never known the gtir to be running?? the 5 was stupid fast, suprised youve not got the 5 done for another season

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I just want some vids and some stats :)

Room for a turbo in there? ;)

just a small step tonight, well, a big one personally. It's now running on my ECU rather than a borrowed one. I finally got the unlocking stuff working :D

Clio sport 2.0 16v 172ph1
incredible man! could you put more pictures! its a unique project!!

in Argentian we have a guy who put a F2N with Turbo!!!

Clio 1.6L 16V
Here in Venezuela we have a twingo also with the F4R engine 172, with a little bit of NOS hehehe doing lows 13seg in 1/4 mile.

Nice project BTW.

it's got an MOT
biggrin.gif

and an ugly looking patch on it's sill
cry.gif
it'll get fixed properly some time.

It all went a bit depressing when I dropped it off for welding yesterday, as I slowed down the revs stayed very high, and as I tried to find reverse all it would do was grind the gears
frown.gif
I popped out and stuck my thumb over the ISCV pipe which dropped the revs right down, so it was either a stuck valve, or the ECU was holding it open. Got back in and decided to switch off, select reverse, then restart to allow it to reverse. Went to start, and nothing
frown.gif
, I pushed it back, dropped the keys off with the garage, and went to work.

I had a call later to say that the battery was completely flat, and it started OK after a boost. This got me thinking. If the battery voltage was low the ECU may well try to open the ISCV to give it some charge, obviously the high revs would make reverse difficult, so the only problem I had was why wasn't it charging, and was something flattening the battery?

I popped up to the garage at lunch time to have a look around, and immediately spotted that the battery cable to the alternator was very loose and about to fall off. Tightened the nut and everything was fixed
ashamed.gif

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
A guide needs to be written on what mounts/suspension/driveshafts have been used!

Love this car! Well done!