ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Two Cup queries

Hi ya

When i have my steering on lock, usally turning right, infact always turning right, i get a knocking noise from the front left wheel/suspension mounts.......anyone had this before ? is it common ? what causes it ?

and my passenger seat squeaks when no one is sitting in it.........drives my mental a tell thee

Bo selecta

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

i have the same thing when turning at slow speeds...wouldnt call it knocking sounds more like a really annoying creaking on mine

tom

I had this on my 172, turning left like a clattering noise, had all sorts of modifications done , nothing worked it is still there.

Is it only when you have it on full lock or is it when the wheel spins round and it gets to a certain point and makes a clicking noise? I though it was the wheel bearing but I never found out. The passenger side seat has a problem with the rail that it slides on - youll have to take it into reno.

it sounds like it could be something as simple as the tyre/wheel rubbing against the trim on the wheel arch.............just wanted to see if it was a common fault before i take it to renault or have a look myself

Cup 172

Mine does the same. When on full right lock, if you go up a small bump, or drop off a kerbstone approx 2" tall, it makes a squeaking noise. Dunno what it is, might be wheel arch lining catching on tyre. Will ask reno to have a look at first service if I cant see anything.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

sounds like the shocker turret mod reqs doing.take it to your dealer.seat squeak is probably the seat base runners,try greasing them with some spray grease.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 03 February 2004

what are renault going to do if the mod doesnt work jay?
dont know.its up to the dealers to send tech alerts to inform renault that the mod doesnt always work and then renault would look again at the problem.

mine does it recently, but the right front susp makes a knockin when rturnin right, spesh if theres a knock or bump in the ride.

996 Carrera

I get a squeak AND clunk from the right suspension when turning right - squeak when slow e.g. reversing - clunk when 10mph+ e.g. roundabouts.

Dealer told me clunk is due to suspension knocking on subframe which needs bits cutting out of the car to fix. No thanks! No idea what the squeak is.

Ive also had the passenger seat subframe replaced to cure a rattle.

Also have several other clunks, rattles and squeaks - but only when the stereo is off!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

its the shocker tops catching on the turret tops that make the noise but there is a mod for it.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you dont exspect renault to do things properley do you;)

design and build it wrong then bodge it after seems to be the renault way.