ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Update on 'The Dark Knight'

As some of you know the exhaust on the car is loud when i gun it, kinda different, just jet like loud. the pipes were a mess so she went off to powerflow in bolton, long story short... the car was absolutely wrecked there, it came back with damaged alloys and an exhaust that was frankly embaressing. it stook right out, was blowing out of one pipe (due to the system being made with a straight through pipe and the right exit pipe being basically stuck onto the exhaust, as any enthusiast would be i was gutted.

got a recommendation to go to DANMAR in wigan... perfect now, sits really deep, lot more OEM but still aftermarket (if thats possible) flows been corrected so both pipes blow now, its running a powerflow backbox with no centre box, is louder and more growl like too, turbo sounds louder 2. i feel like its faster but cant really tell until i get the new clutch in.

went the meet at KK the other night in the 'sunshine' and my tailgaiting 182 friend chunky85 slid into me at a roundabout, because the zorsts were mounted so badly and heavily welded up they punctured the 182s front bumper but left me with no damage, unfortunate as the 182 had just had its bumper resprayed!

all in all a happy bunny and would defo recommend DANMAR in Wigan. had two Yoko parada2's fitted too last week, amazing in the dry, 'fun' in the wet.

so from this (sorry bout different sizes of piks photobuckets bein a cow).

piksb4oultoneaster021.jpg

to this

piksb4oultoneaster004.jpg

piksb4oultoneaster017.jpg

piksb4oultoneaster016.jpg

cleaned her ready for oulton today and took a few piks, gettin dark though n im no photographer...

piksb4oultoneaster028.jpg

just waitin on my phase 2 rears to come back, ordered silvertecs and i'll see if i can waste some more money on drilled disks.... R26 dampers, lambo orange calipers, abit of BPM tuning and engine hosing :)

oh and a new clutch:evil:

172//Crap Micra//Bus
This car is just pure evil, but how did you even manage to get it that dirty... (specially since Thursday) lol!? I know you've been having some problems with it from what we where all discussing at the KK meet, but I must say... I loved that jet soundness, lol!! Looks much tidier at the back now, hope Chunky managed to sort his out without to much trouble/cost!!

Anyways, good to see some pic's of it in the daytime, and good to chat to you at the KK meet. Hope all goes well... may see you tomorrow at Oulton Park tomorrow!!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Managed to get anything back from Powerflow Bolton?

Looks mean :)

Dan

Managed to get anything back from Powerflow Bolton?

Looks mean :)

Dan

nah mate to b honest i was that annoyed i just left and didnt bother to go back, absolutely useless, they are gettin a real bad rep and i know three people that hav pulled out of bokkings with them in the last week. prefer to forget bout that place tbh! ;)

Saw this today, but forgot to bob across and talk to you about it! Loved the LY R26 next-but-one to you too. The plate on it was perfect! :)

D.

mate you should of said hello! met a few v owners today, one looked at me like i'd pee'd on her xmas pressies tho :quiet:

saw a valver at oulton, few 197's and 182's.. all looked hot!

ILLIAD VEE!!
mate you should of said hello! met a few v owners today, one looked at me like i'd pee'd on her xmas pressies tho :quiet:

:S OUCH...!! That was "ME!" :(

The irony of it all....I was actually praising your car as it is looking seriously sh*t-hot, especially with the black wheels...!! ;) Trust me, I think the "look" you referred to, was actually me suffering from hypothermia, despite my 25 layers...!!! :D hahaha..!!

Jainy
:D

jainy! hi! you know i wasnt insultin ya hun. sorry if it seemed that way u just seemed realllllllllllllllllllly pi$$ed off! thought id done summit wrong, didnt consider the snow falling was to blame haha

vee looked mint, first time ive seen it in the flesh, next time we'll actually talk n compare the RS's ok! :)

Car looks sex lad, will be an absolute beast with new clutch!

Get that bay looking sweet aswell lol Orange hoses FTW!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Saw this today, but forgot to bob across and talk to you about it! Loved the LY R26 next-but-one to you too. The plate on it was perfect! :)

D.

I was with the Vee lot! ;) Who's was that RB 182 with stripes a few cars left from you? I thought Christopher had the RB-looking-clean-to-perfection crown all for himself? How I was mistaken - lol!

That blue 172 at the side of it looked good too. Though the left rear looked a bit flat? I bet the zorst on it must be millimetres from not catching on speed bumps?

D.

yeh i went n said ello to them lot, they are on here so no doubt they'll reply, the rb was cleannn wasnt it, chris will not be amused!

n that 172 looked right mean, i actually liked the zorst, imagine its a little marmite, but worked for me, didnt notice the tyre... probably coz im still hungover from last week! :D

330ci sport

I was with the Vee lot! ;) Who's was that RB 182 with stripes a few cars left from you? I thought Christopher had the RB-looking-clean-to-perfection crown all for himself? How I was mistaken - lol!

That blue 172 at the side of it looked good too. Though the left rear looked a bit flat? I bet the zorst on it must be millimetres from not catching on speed bumps?

D.

:lolup:
There's no getting away from attention to detail here is there! The RB 182 is mine, and my mate was in the 172. He phoned me on the way to Oulton to ask if the Shell was open by me as his tyre was low, he sorted it on the way back in the end ;)

Thanks for popping over & saying hello Naith, after your run in with the Marshalls lol! The Meg's were looking very nice, the saust is very subtle, but ya notice it if you know what I mean!

Thanks for the comments on my RB, only got her winter coat on at the moment though! Had it since October and not got round to full defect correction yet, i'm too busy detailing other peoples!! Wait until I get her detailed next month and the Best of Show goes on :cool:

^ hiya mate, good day wasnt it!! didnt kno u were a valeter. me thinks i'll come and see u for show season!!

those marshalls were funny werent they, that spotty twonk was seconds away from an elbow to the chin im tellin ya!

next time we'll have to get all the RS's in a proper line with no golf or lotus's spoiling the fun ;)