ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

upgrade existing P.C or build new?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Mine needs an upgrade - but awaiting the Haswell chips. Was looking at i7 3770k but just holding back to see what transpires.

Gonna throw £800 at Case, Mobo, Cpu, Cooler, Ram, GPU, Power Supply and SSD.

F82 M4
Completely agree with the post by Addicted, excellent spec. The only thing I would change is the CPU cooler to a Coolermaster 212 Evo @ £26, 8GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM @ £48 (there really is no need for 16GB) and finally, that 7870 graphics card is a great but you can get a 7950 for roughly £20 more. Do you need Windows as well Scutch?

F82 M4
Yeah, cool mate. I created this thread a while back: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?602427-How-much-are-decent-PC-s-these-days and the same thread on Evo-web turned into a PC Building thread with over 1k replies, but was just curious to get a spec thrown at me so I could look into it a bit more. Thanks for your advice buddy.
LOL Scutch, reading that thread it looks like I was a bit of an AMD fanboy back then, boy how wrong was I. Since owning this gaming machine I've learnt so much more in computing. I was pretty clueless back then TBH.

FF Clio 182
Used and built windows machines for about 10 years, 6 months ago I bought a 2012 retina display MacBook Pro. Best decision I ever made in my opinion.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Completely agree with the post by Addicted, excellent spec. The only thing I would change is the CPU cooler to a Coolermaster 212 Evo @ £26, 8GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM @ £48 (there really is no need for 16GB) and finally, that 7870 graphics card is a great but you can get a 7950 for roughly £20 more. Do you need Windows as well Scutch?

I wouldn't need Windows because I'm a pirate. But "yes", for the purposes of this thread.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So that machine listed is decent then? Easily assembled etc. and just need monitor and peripherals?

Assembly is same as any other pc, so if you're competent in building you'll be fine, if you haven't built before there's millions of guides on youtube!

Only real difficult thing tbh is the CPU, but Intel's cpus don't have pins anymore so most of that worry is gone (as long as you line up the notches you'd be fine).

And as above I'd do what Wilky said, the spec I posted was just taken from someone elses post :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Good stuff, and that's everything I need then? Nothing else to get it working and be all set for high quality gaming?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
There's a reason Windows is called Windows.

Gaming on PC > * :p (and possibly the first & last time I ever say anything good about Windows).

Haha! All we need to do now is to de-educate him from the thumb-twiddler contraption and introduce him to the smoothness and accuracy of K&M! ;)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Are there any difference between the brands of the graphics cards etc?

I mean, there's the 7950 but there are Gigabyte, Sapphire, XFX etc. etc. and the prices are all different. Wusupwidat?

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Most will say Gigabyte, since they're based in the UK and their RMA is excellent (Apparantly), Their windforce cards are suppose to be really good.