ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V6 Insurance & i want a 172!!!

Since going to the motorshow i decided that i wanted a V6, well i can dream cant i lol. Well it was my dads fault cos he said that hed have to buy me a present for my 21st and mentioned the V6 & 172 Cup (only cos hed want 2 drive it as well, his as mad about cars as i am). I had a look at insurance for the V6 and nearly fell off my chair, £5,280 for a year.

I then decided that a V6 wouldnt be practical and would cost too much to buy and insure. I thought about the 172 Cup and decided against it cos no ABS and with my heavy right foot itd be dangerous, i tend to get to close and tend to count on my ABS to get me out of any tight spots.:cry:

Ive now decided that i want a 172 Phase 2, anyone tell me if theres a certain one to look out for?? Ive seen a 2001 172 with 15,000 on the clock for £8,995 but the only problem is its a stolen recovered.

Depends how much you want to spend, you can have mine if you want ? July 2002 in Pearl Black with 3500 miles on the clock and 3 year warranty.

Bryony, if you shop around, you should be able to pick up a mk2 with low miles for sub 10 k easily.

you have to consider that a new one in May this year was less than 11k !

Hope ya find one, auto trader is well worth a look..