ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver starter motor replacement

Bus w**ker
Is this really as much of a b**ch to do as I'm making it or is there an easier way?

It's a Mk1 Ph2. So far I've removed three 16mm bolts that go through the gearbox bell housing and one of the two 13mm bolts that secures the mount to the block...but for the life of me I can't get the second to budge a mm and the manifold doesn't exactly help to get to the thing.

Does anyone have any hints/tips/cheats? Or should I just remove the manifold and stop pissing about? lol

Stupid French design :(

ValverInBits
I woulda removed the downpipe and manifold to start with TBH mate, it wont take you too long and you'll probably bleed less.

Bus w**ker
To be honest I was being lazy and thought that the starter motor was only held in by the three 16mm bolts...until I removed them and the thing still wouldn't budge PMSL.

Ah well manifold will be off in the morn and hopefully I'll be able to set the starter motor free.

Thanks