ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax and shampoo sugestions for Racing Blue

RB 182 195bhp
Just looking through some shampoo ideas, and I'm torn bewtween Dodojuice Supernatural, and their born to be mild. What experiences have people had with both?
Also, which wax gives the nicest shine to Racing Blue, I am currently using Dodo Juice Hard Candy, I'm quite happy, but I'm thinking about using something else when this runs out for a change. Looking at a similar price point to the Dodo.
Cheers, Mark

Clio 182
I've used DDJ BTBM, ands its ok. Doesnt really produce enough suds for my liking though.

If you havent got a rotary or DA, you could try Poorboys Black Hole, which gives quite a nice finish. Then maybe AG HD wax on top of that, then topping up with Sonax BSD every now and then.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?730188-Auto-Finesse-Wax-Samples

I'm selling some wax samples. It's an easy way to get to use a £70+ wax for very little money.

If you're the sort of person that likes to apply wax often, I'd reckomend AutoFineesse Illusion. It's the nicest wax to apply and remove I've ever used.
If you'd like longer protection, I'd go with AF Passion, or if you're just after a tester cheaper wax, the Temptation.

Ry

RB 182 195bhp
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?730188-Auto-Finesse-Wax-Samples

I'm selling some wax samples. It's an easy way to get to use a £70+ wax for very little money.

If you're the sort of person that likes to apply wax often, I'd reckomend AutoFineesse Illusion. It's the nicest wax to apply and remove I've ever used.
If you'd like longer protection, I'd go with AF Passion, or if you're just after a tester cheaper wax, the Temptation.

Ry

Just been looking at Auto Finesse, have you had any experience with Soul? This seems like a good entry level hard wax from the description.
I will bear your samples in mind, thanks for the help guys :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
If u want a top shampoo I suggest Autobrite banana gloss or britemax cleanmax. Both brilliant. And depending on wax budget but I think bilt hamber finis wax is superb for the money. Its durable & glossy. Or Zymol Carbon as its bloody brilliant

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pot of lovely Zymol mCarbon and some born to be mild mate. Supernatural is lovely but it's the lack of suds that kinda kill it for me.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I hear lots of good things about BTBM. Ill have to try it. Poorboys super slick & suds is meant to be good also

RB 182 195bhp
I've ordered some of the supernatural to try out. May have to try some of the poorboys stuff next!
Still undecided on a wax, I'm looking for something around £40, so I can't quite afford the Zymol Carbon, any other sugestions?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I've ordered some of the supernatural to try out. May have to try some of the poorboys stuff next!
Still undecided on a wax, I'm looking for something around £40, so I can't quite afford the Zymol Carbon, any other sugestions?

For £40 I would go for BH Finis wax its very good indeed. But if u wanted to try carbon let me no :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at bouncers 22 I know aucky likes this one too. Ive found it to be one of the best sub £50 waxes in terms of looks and application. Also lasts well with 4 months durability.

RB 182 195bhp
I've got a tub of bouncers 22 already, I used to love it on the metallic paint of my 172 cup, but find it doesn't do a lot for the solid racing blue colour.
I'm not a fan of autoglym products.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't Carbon about £45?

You can get a 50ml sample of finis wax for £12 delivered. Stunningly good wax and one of the most durable ever made.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Isn't Carbon about £45?

You can get a 50ml sample of finis wax for £12 delivered. Stunningly good wax and one of the most durable ever made.

I had a right touch with my finis. Ordered 50ml opened the box. Hello 200ml :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
suggestions from what I have used so not the only decent options:

shampoos - autofinesse lather / Gtechniq Gwash / dodo juice born to be mild / britemax cleanmax are just a few decent options.

waxes - Bouncers 22 / dodo juice purple haze or orange crush / victoria concours red (I have a pot im considering selling ;)) / autoglym HD wax maybe if durability is wanted / autofinesse temptation /

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
When I next need to buy Shampoo I shall be going with Hubikote as its just a pleasure to use :)

Can't help on waxes as my knowledge is slim but samples seem your best bet... I'm getting a small collection of them.

Clio 182
If £40 is your budget for a wax, I don't think you'll go wrong with either Autoglym HD wax or Collinite 476

182cup & 172 racecar
I did my motorhome/van with collinite last year, and with careful washing with AG ph neutral shampoo, the water still runs off it a treat.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I never found it that durable though. About comparable with acrylic jett. A wax suits RB down to the ground. AG HD will last longer and look better.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tough coat always seemed to give a finish resembling a wax with its deep gloss. About 2-3 months from a single layer. but it's one of the easiest sealants to apply so layering is as quick as a wipe down with a quick detailer

HD wax is nice, decent durability but finish was never comparable to others mentioned earlier in the thread

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Tough coat always seemed to give a finish resembling a wax with its deep gloss. About 2-3 months from a single layer. but it's one of the easiest sealants to apply so layering is as quick as a wipe down with a quick detailer

HD wax is nice, decent durability but finish was never comparable to others mentioned earlier in the thread

I've seen 4-5 from a single layer over tough prep, lovely finish and very easy to use, my 'go to' for protection TBH.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
For £40 uve gotta go for BH Finis. Its a lot better then AG HD for looks & durability I dont think anything touches it. Collinite is very durable but it sticks to the paint like glue & is a b*****d to buff off

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
As I said in the other thread, I'm going to have a half tub of Zymol Carbon for sale this weekend. Keep an eye out if your interested!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've seen 4-5 from a single layer over tough prep, lovely finish and very easy to use, my 'go to' for protection TBH.

From a daily used car doing decent mileage? I could only get that on a car that did only a few mikes each day so didn't need washing every 1 or 2 weeks

Matthew stop tempting me, I've been trying to cut down my collection of waxes. Although I used AF Spirit and Desire again today and really I have no need to want anymore as they were both so easy and nice to use

I never found it that durable though. About comparable with acrylic jett. A wax suits RB down to the ground. AG HD will last longer and look better.

As per the guys below, I have had 3-4 months when the car is properly prep'd, which I wouldn't expect any more with a wax.

Great sealant and very easy to use. Adding another coat every so often is so quick as well.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The fact I can buy it £5 cheaper in a different bottle upsets me greatly.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
As long as it still performs as well as tough coat it wouldnt bother me what bottle it was in, but when AF were 15minutes up the road, 40minutes now, I was happy to pay extra and drop in and get it.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
does using different wax/sealant on different colours give a different finish then?

Not technically, but they can give VERY subtley different appearances. Its only really when you've tried a few you will see the difference. As a basic rule of thumb, waxes look warm and glossy, sealants give shine and clarity. But thats not strictly true with a lot of products these days.

Mito Sportiva 135
Do Swisswax still make Onyx? I've been using my last pot of that for ages and it's a fantastic medium wax - good balance of looks and protection and works on all colours. Might cost just over £40 but that would be my recommendation.

Although as Aucky said, on a block colour like racing blue a sealant might be a better option. I like using a glaze and sealant combo together personally.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Do Swisswax still make Onyx? I've been using my last pot of that for ages and it's a fantastic medium wax - good balance of looks and protection and works on all colours. Might cost just over £40 but that would be my recommendation.

Although as Aucky said, on a block colour like racing blue a sealant might be a better option. I like using a glaze and sealant combo together personally.

Yep its £64.99 on ebay for onyx

Mito Sportiva 135
Wow gone up quite a lot then since I last purchased! Might be outside the OP's price range then...it's a great wax though!