ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well Known Cup problems.......

Ive had my 03 plate Cup since March 03, and have only had minor problems, ( apart from exhaust falling apart, and clutch needing replacing (mostly my fault!!!) such as rattles, poor quality related stuff etc..

Ive read on here that so many Cup owners have had numerous, quite serious problems - such as suspension mounts, etc...

My question is - as im only 3 months or so from the end of the one year Renault warranty, then it moves on to the 2 years dealer warranty - should I be pre-empting these problems and going to the dealer and saying look what about this and this, and my car should have had this done etc... (What I dont want, is to get to the 2 years dealer warranty period and they turn round and say, no mate its not covered, or, well only cover a percentage as a gesture of goodwill etc... Is this 2 year warranty period as fully comprehensive as the first year as long as youve got your full Renault S/H?

Any help is much appreciated guys.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

1st years warranty everything is covered.2nd/3rd year everything apart from interior rattles,rain water leaks,exhausts and wear and tear items like clutch linings,brake pads etc.If a clutch or something goes prematurley there is a good chance renault would pay anyway or at least give you a contribution towards the cost of the work.Most dealers wont replace parts just because there a commen fault if they cant fault it when they test the car.A lot of parts have to be sent back to renault and if the parts are not faulty at the time renault will reject the warranty claim and the dealer cant claim the money back.

Cheers.

I suppose these common faults dont occur in most cases, because if they did then surely there would be a series of Recalls??

The fact that there hasnt been any recalls therefore suggests that people having these problems with their cars are just unlucky and have faulty parts fitted to them, or good parts fitted on a monday morn / friday aft??!

I bet im unlucky and my car develops these problems after the warranty periods are over, whereas others that had them replaced find theyre not hit with expensive repair bills long after Renault have withdrawn their support.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

most of the commen problems will either never happen or will do whilst in warranty so dont worry.renault can still offer contributions even when the vehicle is out of warranty.