ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’s people’s preferences on aftermarket exhaust vs standard?

Clio 182
Looking to get an aftermarket kit like a 192 scorpion or something els like it (not to loud) however apart from a rattle that I think is just the shield there’s nothing wrong with the standard exhaust.
Is it worth changing?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I had a 2.25 K-Tec with unsilenced centre and decat.
After having a few different ones i would 100% have that setup again.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You said in one of your previous posts you don't plan on keeping it for very long . I really don't see the point in spending money on something none essential . Let say for example you spent £450 on a stainless exhaust now , in 6 months you sell it . You won't get that £450 back in your sale . Fix the rattling heat shield and enjoy the car for what it is and the time that you own it imo .

Clio 182
You said in one of your previous posts you don't plan on keeping it for very long . I really don't see the point in spending money on something none essential . Let say for example you spent £450 on a stainless exhaust now , in 6 months you sell it . You won't get that £450 back in your sale . Fix the rattling heat shield and enjoy the car for what it is and the time that you own it imo .
What I meant on that post is that the exhaust i was looking at has a 30 month warranty that’s 2 and a half years and obviously the exhaust should last longer than that.
But I probably won’t have the car for over 3 years that’s what I was trying to get at.
I don’t plan on selling my car anytime soon.
Also as my standard exhaust is perfectly fine I’d put it back on at the point of re sale and sell the exhaust/keep it for another 182 in the future.
I don’t plan on paying £500 I’m buying a k tec pipe second hand for 140 :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
What I meant on that post is that the exhaust i was looking at has a 30 month warranty that’s 2 and a half years and obviously the exhaust should last longer than that.
But I probably won’t have the car for over 3 years that’s what I was trying to get at.
I don’t plan on selling my car anytime soon.
Also as my standard exhaust is perfectly fine I’d put it back on at the point of re sale and sell the exhaust/keep it for another 182 in the future.
I don’t plan on paying £500 I’m buying a k tec pipe second hand for 140 :)
Ahhhhhh ok. The way you sounded in your other post was that you'd be getting rid in months , rather than a year or 2 . Personally I wouldn't bother with the Sportex mild steel exhaust with the 30 month warranty . You're better off with a stainless one.
Well done in bagging yourself a bargain at £140 ?

Listerine & Poledo
"sounds good" is so much an individual thing, but if it isn't for you someone on here will have it (probably for what you just paid for it too) ;)

Clio 182
Ahhhhhh ok. The way you sounded in your other post was that you'd be getting rid in months , rather than a year or 2 . Personally I wouldn't bother with the Sportex mild steel exhaust with the 30 month warranty . You're better off with a stainless one.
Well done in bagging yourself a bargain at £140 ?
nah so far I love driving it! And yeah I think it has to be stainless! It’s only the back box but I don’t really need the rest! Thanks for the advise!