ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams 3 clutch cable!!!

williams
Has anyone else ever had problems with them snapping? my williams eats the dam things for breakfast!! i can change a cable and ratchet in 30 mins now on the side of the road! lol ive tried a stronger cable, BANG! still let go.
ive taken the car to renault who told me that there was a recall for a different ratchet??? sooooo fitted, 1000 miles later.... BANG!

the clutch weighs a F*$king tone as well????

just wondering if this is a common thing? and would it be possible to convert to a hydraulic set up??? :S

much love!!! lol

williams 2,seat leon
are you using renault cables?, as aftermarket ones are slightly shorter, hence more strain and snap. havent had to change one in 6 years. as for heavy clutch, you can fit a soft pedal conversion, but its a gearbox off job to replace a longer clutch fork.

williams
ahhh i didnt know that, i'll have to get a genuine one. Also how do i go about getting this 'soft peddle conversion' ? cheers guys

FULL FAT 182
That one of the reasons i got rid of my MK1 i went through 5, had one snap after santapod on the m1 in heavy traffic. Thanks to Jays RAC membership i managed to get home :)

Just buy a genuine Renault cable and there might be a possibility that the clip that holds the cable to the subframe might be broken or poor routing. I know the MK1 lads have carried out a soft pedal conversion which uses a bracket at the gearbox end from a volvo. It might be worth looking on williamsclio.co.uk

HBT 172 Cup
Soft pedal is for fannys, removes the feel from the pedal on the mk1's IMO. Genuine cable, correct routing and new clutch and it'll be lighter than you can imagine.

Last edited: