ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams vs BMW 528

Willy, Willy 2, V6

Got a know-it-all in the office here that seems to think my bosses bmw 528 (2.8litre) is gonna whoop the pants off my williams (straight line speed). What do you guys think? ive not looked up the stats yet.

Youd beat it in a straight line blast i reckon. If yours is modded it might be fairly convincing but dont expect to cain it. unless hes a crap driver lol

Nippy white cup

I would say probably high 6s to 60 (330 is 6.5 and thats a smaller car with a little more power) which a willie will do with a few mods...Is yours standard?

Chris

in the 328 with the same engine it does a 6.4 to 60 and 17.2 to 100. think its tuned differently in the 5 series. same power but different delivery.

Surely you would win? Until the beemer gets going! then he might start catching you up.

I hope your doing it on private land!;)

Willy, Willy 2, V6

almost standard, ITG air filter and slightly larger bore back box (know it dont make any diff).

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Pretty positive theyre inline 6 so torque isnt gonna be massive.

Can any one get the power/weight on it?

All good saying a car is gonna beat it but is there gonna be a race?

Also if he does whoop you, all you have to do is say "beemer drivers are such idiots"

He cant win that one.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

u shoule batter it mate, my mates 328 does the 1/4 in 15 secs at best and they are lighter than the 5 series

Willy, Willy 2, V6

nah this is just theory, im sure there wouldnt really be a race anyway. just trying to disprove a know-it-all in the office who thinks id get owned.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

You need some serious statistical power then mate. Not just 0-60 but in gear speeds etc.

Thats what people dont take in to account on the road that gearing is different. Toque peaks in different places and once a cars moving 0-60 can go out the window.

Was reading about an RS200 the other day that does 80-100mph in 0.85 secs!

Williams 3

had a blast with a 330ci, he wasnt gaing - but i wasnt leaving him upto 100 - then I had to hit the brakes for a corner - saved by the hairpin!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by mush on 08 October 2004

had a blast with a 330ci, he wasnt gaing - but i wasnt leaving him upto 100 - then I had to hit the brakes for a corner - saved by the hairpin!
Your either modded or he wasnt trying.

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by Tom16v on 08 October 2004
Quote: Originally posted by mush on 08 October 2004had a blast with a 330ci, he wasnt gaing - but i wasnt leaving him upto 100 - then I had to hit the brakes for a corner - saved by the hairpin![/QUOTE]Your either modded or he wasnt trying.

Ive held one in me valver up to 100 then he started leaving me behind.

And I was 2 up, but he may have been an auto. That was from a rolling 30-ish

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

A manual 330ci (2 up, me on my own) took about 3 car lengths out of my car 40-125 on a private road near me. My car was running 14.9 for the 1/4 at the time...so Id say they are quite quick.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Yeah 330s are quick but the 5 series are good too, had a good battle with a 530d...that shifted a bit!! (for a diesel!);)