ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Wow, My Willy Works" Dave.'s TDF'd ITB & Cammed 182

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Re: Dave.'s Trumpeted Engine Spec, Cammed Up Gunit, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsessi

Yeah ill be there mate, ill be coming straight from work but ill be there :)

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Re: Dave.'s Trumpeted Engine Spec, Cammed Up Gunit, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsessi

Any chance of posting up your dyno run graph mate? Cant wait to get the cup itb'd in the summer!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

seems youve wasted your time... theres a guy in pfc this month with 220 bhp with only a bmc cda, powerflow exhaust and decat with a remap...

seriously tho, my favourite car on here! ITB's just finish it off :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

*** runs off to cry in to the latest copy of pfc....***

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

As requested!

The figures... The peak figures mean nothing, it pulls so well!

ac5715e1.jpg

AFR is almost flat

b9e47385.jpg

And before and after...

f999f586.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar

seems youve wasted your time... theres a guy in pfc this month with 220 bhp with only a bmc cda, powerflow exhaust and decat with a remap...

That I would like to see,wonder what RR that was fiddled on.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror

Thanks for putting the graphs up mate. From 5200 rpm it just comes into its own! Must really pull! :cool:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

That I would like to see,wonder what RR that was fiddled on.

silver thing with orange wheels and wing mirrors, orange paint clearly adds 15 bhpz!

182cup & 172 racecar

We have orange mirrors,mmm must try wheels as well.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

^LOL

I'm going to Shirehorse, interested in seeing what your ITB'd 182 is like compared to my Stage 2 R26 :)

ITB'd MK1

at the very lowest point in the rev range, it exacerbates the lumpiness of the cams, and it needs a little blip to keep her smooth but thats just the trade off with cams when pulling away.

mine doesn't do that, and my cams are a LOT wilder....and it's not mapped. Infact, I've never seen that with cams and ITBs :S

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
mine doesn't do that, and my cams are a LOT wilder....and it's not mapped. Infact, I've never seen that with cams and ITBs :S

I think it's me lol, not used to how freely the car revs and I'm a little Ginger with the loud pedal now! The difference in non FBW is big.

:S I expected you to have gained more torques/power low down? Looks like you actually lost a bit at £4.5k

HBT 172 Cup

It is intersting to see that power graph and how the power excels after 5000rpm, but i think id be left a little disapointed with no gain below that?

It is intersting to see that power graph and how the power excels after 5000rpm, but i think id be left a little disapointed with no gain below that?

Longer trumpets will show a gain at lower RPM but then you're into fitting a short rad, loosing the aircon, fitting bonnet pins etc. etc.

You can't have your cake and eat it unfortunately so this package is the best solution if you want to use the car every day, keep the aircon and so on. If you want to get into chopping metal etc. then you can find circa 15 ftlbs at 3500RPM - entirely up to the customer if they want to go down this route but for a daily driver it's a bit much IMHO.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Longer trumpets will show a gain at lower RPM but then you're into fitting a short rad, loosing the aircon, fitting bonnet pins etc. etc.
You can't have your cake and eat it unfortunately so this package is the best solution if you want to use the car every day, keep the aircon and so on. If you want to get into chopping metal etc. then you can find circa 15 ftlbs at 3500RPM - entirely up to the customer if they want to go down this route but for a daily driver it's a bit much IMHO.

mine was a daily when we all decided to butcher it....lol

HBT 172 Cup

Very fair point :)

182cup & 172 racecar

This why we don't have to rev the nuts off ours,it pulls so well from down in the rev range.Infact it's ACE.

Thanks TDF sir.

Clio Sport 172 ITB

what length trumpets is he running at the moment?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
People are forgetting how little this has actually had done! Matts done a fantastic job considering the slam panel etc has not been touched and standard rad etc.

I was offered the option of longer trumpets with all the extra but chopped away but its a daily so was no good. We gained an extra 10mm trumpet length removing the standard fan and running a spal fan controlled by the EC1.

Until you have been in the car you won't know how good it is :D

Had a couple if people in it today, including one who has bodies etc and he was impressed.

For me it was the perfect spec, and it goes like stink :)

P.s. Done another half a tank of V Power now too :eek:

Ah of cause, didnt think about that.

People are forgetting how little this has actually had done! Matts done a fantastic job considering the slam panel etc has not been touched and standard rad etc.

I was offered the option of longer trumpets with all the extra but chopped away but its a daily so

Until you have been in the car you won't know how good it is :D

Had a couple if people in it today, including one who has bodies etc and he was impressed.

For me it was the perfect spec, and it goes like stink :)

P.s. Done another half a tank of V Power now too :eek:

Wasn't criticising Dave, I'm sure it's epic, and cant wait to see it at the Rolling Road day ;)

Golf GTD Mk7

This why we don't have to rev the nuts off ours,it pulls so well from down in the rev range.Infact it's ACE.

Thanks TDF sir.

Would be interesting to see a side by side graph if you have one Tony? I know it's a different car, and you've both had them mapped on different fuels, but it would still be interesting :D.

For me, the lower revs are where it's needed on track, so it sounds like a great setup without having to mess with final drive etc. You running 60mm trumpets?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
The extra long trumpets will show pretty similar torque peak wise, but from 3.5 k Jay & Tonys car will be at peak torque I should imagine, and will hold it to the limiter.

But comparing a race car and track cars a bit silly really!

The peak torque / power higher up the rev range will be good on track, as that's where it will be the vast majority of the time, higher rpm

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172 ITB

what mm trumpets you running dave! :p

Evo 5 RS

Off with the aircon and shorter rad and back for a re-run tbh ;)

182cup & 172 racecar

Would be interesting to see a side by side graph if you have one Tony? I know it's a different car, and you've both had them mapped on different fuels, but it would still be interesting :D.

For me, the lower revs are where it's needed on track, so it sounds like a great setup without having to mess with final drive etc. You running 60mm trumpets?
I think Jay has all the gumpf on that stuff,tech I don't do.We have 90mm.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

I think mine are 80mm, the standard set up is 70mm, and mine are +10mm.... ill await matt to confirm lol

There is no possible way to go longer with the standard rad etc

Clio Sport 172 ITB

you can go longer with the standard rad but you need to lose the slam pannel.. im sure mine are 120... might have to go check in a min lol!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

not with the standard fan you cant though, slam panel is staying!

Kevin I think you'll find your rate of rise angle on the Jenvey kit is more than the AT Power kit, meaning that with very long runners the kit can sit above the standard rad - the AT power kit at a slacker angle won't.

Just a side note; the AT kits, and the Jenvey kits generate gas acc / speeds in different ways - the AT kit does not appear to need the same length as the Jenvey kit to achieve the same torque. You also can't compare the trumpet length between kits as the dimensions of the base components are completely different.

Clio Sport 172 ITB

i love it when tom comes in with the technical side of things :) thanks for clearing that up m8 :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i was also going to say i have graph's but thought about the difference between the 2, AT and Jenvey's so didn't bother...lol

Owen

ClioSport Admin

You can definitely notice the difference that the cams make in your car Dave when I compare our respective graphs, even though the peak torque isn't miles apart, you have soooo much more lower down the rev range. Oh and the small matter of an extra 12bhp. Show off.

172 Race Car

The extra long trumpets will show pretty similar torque peak wise, but from 3.5 k Jay & Tonys car will be at peak torque I should imagine, and will hold it to the limiter.

But comparing a race car and track cars a bit silly really!

The peak torque / power higher up the rev range will be good on track, as that's where it will be the vast majority of the time, higher rpm

0001.jpg

Thats before it did a season, its lost a little bit now, its had a spanking. not bad for an 85k engine with a slightly sick cylinder

Evo 5 RS

You can't moan for a throw in job! Wonder how much of that is the zolderbox compared with a setup like Dave's filter