ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Young (20/21) drivers with 172s

Volvo S60 D5

Hi!

Im currently trying to decide what to do with the car situation next year. So far I have four options:-

Keep my current 2003 Dynamique 1.4
Sell the 1.4 and get a 2001/2002 Mk2 172
Sell the 1.4 and get a 2002 Laguna-II Dynamique 2.0
Sell the 1.4 and get a 1996 Volvo 850 T5/R (225 or 250bhp)
I will be 20, with 1 years NCB. So far the cheapest quote I have managed to obtain for the 172 is £2,300 fully comp with a £250 XS.

My 1.4 Clio would be about £750 to insure, and both the Laguna and the Volvo T5 are about £1150.

Any 20/21 year olds with 172s like to tell me where they get their insurance and how much for? Id love to know!

D. :)

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Try bumping up your excess a bit, that will bring your premium down. The 172 is the same ins group as a T5 so you should be able to get near that. btw, where did you get that £1150 quote from? Thats a very good price.

Ford Fiesta

Im 21 with a new 182, pay £1700 through admiral, would have been about £1200 if I hadnt lost 2 years no claims in feb, back down to one now. would have had 4 by now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Im *just* 22 with a 182

5 years ncb

i pay about £950 fc with £500 excess.

Yea, Elephant are quite goodon the cars they do insure.. Im with them on the Williams (20yo). They wont insure me on an 200sx S14a tho, boooo.. arwell, hehe.

Elephant.co.uk where the cheapest for me and my 182...Just turned 19, so a wee bit younger than yous all..

They asked me for a cash sum up front though...??

[Edited by Kiev85 on 17 July 2004 at 7:06pm]

Keep the 1.4 personally whatever car you spend wont be fast enough after a while.

Spending more than a grand on insurance is a waste IMO but each to there own.

I questioned changing my car reciently and went though all the costs. It got stupid seeing the amount it would cost me and thinking what I could do with all that money.

If you do change Id say go for the T5.

Tesco are good for insurance though modifications ar expensive. Liverpool Victoria and Frizell wont even quote you till your 25 though.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

try elephant im 22 with 2 years no claims, 1 fault and 1 non fault accident, garaged, 400 excess, £1100 i also did pass plus but advanced motorist certificate is better

172 mk2

not meanin to steal ur thread, but im 19, 0 NCD, and wondering who would be the cheapesat insurers on a 172 Mk 2. Elephant and admiral seem to be popular..

Quote: Originally posted by howie p on 17 July 2004

not meanin to steal ur thread, but im 19, 0 NCD, and wondering who would be the cheapesat insurers on a 172 Mk 2. Elephant and admiral seem to be popular..
It depends on to many things no one company is best.

Just keep ringing companies up. Tesco are good but modificatuions are expensive.

Mini Cooper S sport

Im with Privilege - about £950, £250 xs, I have 10 years no claims (protected), and Im 31 (female) but it would probably have been loads cheaper if I didnt have to park it on the street..

Stick with the 1.4 until your older.

£2,300 is £800 more than I paid for my car :)

33 year old driving a donkey, Insurance £224 fully comp, two drivers, £0 excess.