ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your ideal 172/182 catback exhaust: what tips, color, size etc..? Possible group buy.

Megane RS 250
If you could have an high quality stainless steel catback exhaust, with the possibility to choose between diameter, exit design (recessed, under the bumper, dual 182-style, round, oval, what diameter) and colour of the finish (chromed normal, black, antracite etc... or no chrome slice cut or straight cut), with a RS logo on the tip, what would you chose?

I'm thinking:
Under the bumper, no chrome, slice cut..not sure about the diameter (57? 65 mm?).
Alternatively, round antracite chrome. Both with RS logo.

For the 182 I'd like dual round 80mm antracite chrome exits with rs logos.

I'm asking because if a sufficient number of people turns up it could be made!
The best would be using the same exits (for example the 80 mm round chrome exit, or 76 mm slice cut) both for 172 under the bumper, 182 and 172 with dual 182 style exits.

The systems would be top notch quality, with both silenced and not silenced centre section, and they would be available from 1/2 of cliosport.net traders.

Megane RS 250
Re: Your ideal 172/182 catback exhaust: what tips, color, size etc..? Possible group

No one?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Re: Your ideal 172/182 catback exhaust: what tips, color, size etc..? Possible group

You work for Supersprint? I'd say you could alter what you already used to do, but it would need more silencing. I have some other ideas too but will collate them..

Golf GT & A4 Avant

This is all for a 182 system. I personally would like to see slashed tailpipes as used on the Scorpion RS192 system, either 75 or 80mm. This would look good in either chrome or pure slash cut metal. Silenced enough so it wasn't loud or boomy at normal driving and motorway speeds. Fitment to the OE cat but with a sleeved reducer like the Piper/ K-Tec Ultra system so could be made to be true 2.25" / 2.5" diameter should you remove or modify the standard cat

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

If it was for me, i'd want it to last 1000000 years, be quieter than standard, not have any loss of power over standard, and have exits that fill the cut outs.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

VERY quiet below 5k rpm, but really loud and raspy above 5k rpm. So when i'm around town or on the motorway its peaceful.

I quite like the out rolled tips of the yozza so stick to them. In stainless, and very good quality.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

^^^ actually yes, good point, quiet as possible below 5k then sounds just like a yozzasport after that (although could be a problem on the motorway at 5k :eek:)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

The yozza is as close to perfect out there for me, but despite what people say I still maintain its too loud around town at low revs.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I HATE loud exhausts, do my head in for normal driving, only time they're good is when giving it the beans. Loud exhausts make me cringe if i have a lady in the car.

Megane RS 250

As the rear exhaust and the silenced center section are designed to be TUV homologated, and we would use the same "boxes" there shouldn't be any problem about it being too loud, especially inside.
I find most clio exhaust too loud too (I have the mild steel k-tec as I bought it when I wasn't working at SS) i'm looking forward to find a better system.
Obviously, without a (fragile) exhaust valve, is not easy to get a very loud exhaust at high revs without the drawback of drone and too much noise at low revs.

For Kam Racing, you mean more quiet than the road systemwe have now?

By now what I have in mind would be:
For the 172 a 57 (2"25) mm system with a 80mm slash cut exit under the bumper (for N group look..an no need to cut the bumper) with the RS Supersprint logo (i'll try to find a picture). I'm not sure about the sleeve/flange option, is that really needed? The most sports cats I've seen has smaller diameter.
For the 182 a dual 80 mm slash cut like the 172, should be enough to fill the arches! This is even easier as the tips are separated components.
For cost reason a sigle design tip would be much better.
Obviously top notch quality as with all our stainless steel AISI 304 products. I've personally seen systems with more than 10 years in perfect conditions.

For both the system a straight through centre section will be available.

How many would be interested in a similar product, could we put down a list just to see the quantity we're talking about?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

the sound of a scorpion rs192 but the look, design and built quality of a yozza. Its a bit to raspy sounding for my liking but other than that the yozza is perfect.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI

I was thinking more of adapting the old race exhaust system. But key to any of this is to work on how to get the pricing more palatable as the competition are much cheaper. Obviously for EU sales then the TUV certification is important but we dont need that here in the uk. I think I have your email address so I'll drop you my thoughts.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

the sound of a scorpion rs192 but the look, design and built quality of a yozza. Its a bit to raspy sounding for my liking but other than that the yozza is perfect.

Get out, an exhaust can never be too raspy, not ever. Too loud yes but never too raspy.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

No.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Get out, an exhaust can never be too raspy, not ever. Too loud yes but never too raspy.

the sound of a scorpion rs192 but the look, design and built quality of a yozza. Its a bit to "loud" sounding for my liking but other than that the yozza is perfect :rasp:

GB 182 FF

I'd like a stainless OEM replacement that is no louder than standard... Ideally it would be quieter than std really, and little to no rasp lol. Oh and fit the OEM CAT

Looks the same as OEM too, My OEM tailpipes seem to fill the bumper recesses nicely (except for when the bracket has broken).

Yep I'm asking for the moon on a stick, but the car is chav enough from the factory without making it worse :)

Megane RS 250

Kam I sent a Pm with my email address so we can talk about it.

Slindborg, we already have a system for the 182 as quiet as the OEM one but with a sportier (in tone) sound. As it was TUV homologated it has the same DB level at idle and low revs, it's raspier and a bit louder at 5000+
It had dual 90 mm exits and I think it looks very good:
29714.jpg

16415.jpg

16417.jpg

In fact for this one I was thinking about just different tips with the RS logo.

It's the 172 system which doesn't convince me (note that picture is a photoshop as I haven't found a real one)
33737.jpg

16425.jpg

A non sport with the same exit:
foto-0354senzatarga.jpg

foto-0358.jpg

Kam Racing mentioned the racing system:
http://www.supersprint.com/ISPI0C6S21T98TR001.asp
This is just too loud, but the 63,5 mm diameter is interesting...70 it's too much.

The RS logo we have is this. Pictures are of a dual 90mm round slash cut chrome tips.
33912.jpg

14517.jpg

But I guess it wouldn't be a problem to do a different one.

Megane RS 250

To Kam Racing: I think you didn't get my email, do you have an alternative address?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

I have the Yozzasport system on the trophy and I agree with a fair few comments, the look and the build of the system is spot on but the noise is abit mind numbing.
I have thought about getting another system but none look as good as the yozzasport one.

As it's been said above the system should be nice and hush untill around 45000/5000rpm and then It should sound nice and deep without any rasp.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I have the Yozzasport system on the trophy and I agree with a fair few comments, the look and the build of the system is spot on but the noise is abit mind numbing.
I have thought about getting another system but none look as good as the yozzasport one.

As it's been said above the system should be nice and hush untill around 45000/5000rpm and then It should sound nice and deep without any rasp.

:nono:
See below