ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2t mk 3 clio whos the tech heads on here...

E30 318iS x2
RS tuning got the TCE up to 136 but aren't offering it that high because the standard componants wont put up with it for long. Upgrade injectors to handle the force, upgrade spark plugs to help aid the burn, custom intercooler... few grand buy a 197...

Clio lll Dynamique SX TCE
so far i havent had any trouble with the gearbox or engine ( Touch Wood ). but the best thing is that is anything does go wrong with teh engine then all u need to do is unplug the attachment and then no one knows as the ecu dont register the attachment

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
130bhp in a 1.2 is enough though, thats more than a VTS, set up the chassie and make it light as possible... yehaaa...

E30 318iS x2
Yeah but over a few thousand it isn't going to do componants that are ment to handle 100bhp any good is it thats all I think.

Would love to spend 1500 odd getting it mapped, uprated inter coolers, presure valves, injectors etc but cant warrent it atm. Ineteresting the prospects of a 1.2 just because of a tiny tiny turbo though

and for a few grand on top of that for insurance, running fees, servicing and faults lol. ill stick with what ive got lol

E30 318iS x2
What you running? After xmas I'll be popping to ktec for the 125 one they recon they'll have plus the dumo valve be happy then lol

i like the handling atm of mine. as its not choppy or anything and it feels positive all the. of course its not gonna be super fast but i dont want it to be so hard that u can tell what type of paint is on the floor lol. i just wanted more power for on the motor-ways and also to upset the odd BMWs and vts drivers out there. especially when u tell them thats its not even a 1.2 lol makes me smile every day. and its still useable every day too

atm im running 139 but thats with the leaking dump valve. so when i get that fixed it should be at least 140 and thats me done for engine work. other than a induction kit eventually for the fun of it but atm

E30 318iS x2
Kinda of what I thought with it spec when it over powers my mates 1.8 astra sport he recons is at 128 (LAWL)......113 more like...

@westy: ya vehicle is a mk3 not a mk4 please change it lol!

White Sti Hatch
Hmm, interesting information Mr BioHzrd..... :star:

Sarcasm.......:quiet:

If the box is only good for that fair nough but if that goes wrong its costly and to uprate that yourll be a few ££££ and if you do then youll be looking at a larger intercooler for peace of mine new injectors plugs....all mounts up why not just save the cash and buy somin thats ment to have power ???

all the dyno runs in mine were done in 2nd and 3rd gear with 1 top speed run for the fun of it lol. 130 aint bad is it lol. the 1st gear boost retarder is a killer cus that limits it to about 60 hp in first gear no matter what u do to it

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
i like the handling atm of mine. as its not choppy or anything and it feels positive all the. of course its not gonna be super fast but i dont want it to be so hard that u can tell what type of paint is on the floor lol. i just wanted more power for on the motor-ways and also to upset the odd BMWs and vts drivers out there. especially when u tell them thats its not even a 1.2 lol makes me smile every day. and its still useable every day too

so what have you had done to it in total.

engine

chassie

White Sti Hatch

Your shitting me right !!! the standard height Mk3 has to have the worst handeling ive ever had in a car it rolls like a mother and gives no confidence in corners even at as lil as 30

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
i agree it rolls alot and seems to "hold on well" but this doesnt fill you with confidence.

strut brace up front and rear, high lb springs with damping to mach should sort it out with stiffer bushes to if needs be...

i dont exactly throw it around corners lol but atm it does me fine handleing wise. atm its had the power-systems ecu upgrade. adjusted the wastegate to give about 9-10 psi and it now runs on 99 oct unleaded and its had a race tube fitted in teh exhaust to eliminate the middle silencer and has a K&N panel filter in.

White Sti Hatch
i agree it rolls alot and seems to "hold on well" but this doesnt fill you with confidence.

strut brace up front and rear, high lb springs with damping to mach should sort it out with stiffer bushes to if needs be...

Braces are a waste dont do anything on the cars with the position of the strut tops on the car, Uprated bushes and ARBs is what is called for along with lowering like you said stiffer springs and i go with replacment dampers (adjustable if money stretches)

Love how mine handles...

How many other cars have you drivin ???

i dont exactly throw it around corners lol but atm it does me fine handleing wise. atm its had the power-systems ecu upgrade. adjusted the wastegate to give about 9-10 psi and it now runs on 99 oct unleaded and its had a race tube fitted in teh exhaust to eliminate the middle silencer and has a K&N panel filter in.

You mean a De Cat as the center section is a secondary cat....

White Sti Hatch
it looks like the front already has a form of brace. well sorta. it does look thin mind u lol

Theres no brace its just the bulkhead....as for fitting one it seems imposible as the scuttle covers it up so without modifing it you stuck unless someone makes one that runs from the side of the struts

na there called race tubes. its just eliminates the center silencer after all the cat gubbins. it gives it a bit more of a raspy sound that u dont get with a car with a cat still fitted. sounds more like it should now. u no its there and its got a engine but its not like u can hear it miles away

ahh ok. yeh i just realised what that is now lol. i think it'd look a bit messy though if u had 1 coming out and would it offer much support like that either lol

White Sti Hatch
na there called race tubes. its just eliminates the center silencer after all the cat gubbins. it gives it a bit more of a raspy sound that u dont get with a car with a cat still fitted. sounds more like it should now. u no its there and its got a engine but its not like u can hear it miles away

Still a De Cat....center section isnt just a silencer its a secondary cat...Race tube lol sure its not a Scafold Tube ???:rasp:

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
braces help to stop the flex so are usefull. spacers will help give it a wide girth too. lol

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX

a race tube!! its just a replacement pipe though....

White Sti Hatch
braces help to stop the flex so are usefull. spacers will help give it a wide girth too. lol

One a clio there pointless unless your going the whole hog and actualy getting them welded to the struts...As for spacers got them and theres no diffrence to the handling just to the looks.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d

as said earlier mate, useful on some cars but not on clio's as the stuts are so close to the bulkhead, they dont do anything that the bulkhead doesnt already do

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
as said earlier mate, useful on some cars but not on clio's as the stuts are so close to the bulkhead, they dont do anything that the bulkhead doesnt already do

hmm, intresting stuff, ok point taken, spacers should improve things as they widen the base... wider stiffer should make a difference right. :eek:

White Sti Hatch
hmm, intresting stuff, ok point taken, spacers should improve things as they widen the base... wider stiffer should make a difference right. :eek:

Inuendo FTW

To be honest if taken my track 50mm wider front and rear and theres no diffrence the best improvment i got was when it was slammed...(Spacers went on after coils)

White Sti Hatch
35mm so will settle round 40mm....imo and like i say to everyone wanting to lower a Mk3 40mm isnt enough and Coils are the way to go for the looks.

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
not interesting in looks i want it to stick more than garry glitter to an 8 year old philipino !

so 45mm is best to go for then. this leaves enough room for slight body roll? i dont want it bouncing around like a fat kid on a pogo stick

White Sti Hatch
Well coils then down to the limits....Mine dosnt roll at all in corners, once set up right it handles like nothing else

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
Well coils then down to the limits....Mine dosnt roll at all in corners, once set up right it handles like nothing else

they are expensive, ive always had dampers and spring combo. The VTR had billies and custom 180lb springs.

White Sti Hatch
You pay for what you get. Dampers n Springs your stuck at a height unless you get new springs off the shelf or made...Coils you can go where you want i can get mine back to standard height in 20 mins if need be, wheel off C spanner and away you go same if i want it where its sitting now....

Up to you what you spend your cash on but id push you to get the coils...you get such a good stand out them along with the 0% body roll.

This is waht you want mate....

Excuse me at my boot.
DSC_0330.jpg

White Sti Hatch
Yeah and rear bumpers going to the body shop end of the month front will go once i get my hands on another front and sides will be done later next year as its alot of work.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Renault really should have fitted bigger injectors in these! 95% duty STOCK! This was after a couple of runs but shows the safe potential is not alot :(