ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 Things You Didn't Know About The Clio 182

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
The drivers side electric window still works after turning the ignition off! But stops when you open the door?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The plastic sump tray has foam inside it to soak up the oil that Renault know leaks from the sump gasket.

'The sump gasket has a flaw and leaks oil should we fix it'?
'No, just pack the sump tray full of foam to soak it up'.

Bloody French!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
what was fred @ BTM's one about them having faster piston movement than a Renault f1 engine or something?! due to the bore and stroke

if you turn the heated rear windscreen on the wing mirrors heat up

If you hold down the horn for 10 minutes then get out do the hokey kokey, touch your toes and scream at the top of your voice the clio turns into a transformer.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
There's a hook on the inside of the petrol filler cap to hang the cap on when filling up with the V Power :eek:

The number of people (in general) I've seen that put their keys on the roof of their car when filling up.

There's a hook on the inside of the petrol filler cap to hang the cap on when filling up with the V Power :eek:

The number of people (in general) I've seen that put their keys on the roof of their car when filling up.

I always hang mine by the hook, wouldnt risk scratching the paint.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i always dump my keys straight on the roof! and ill probs never get out of that habit! :(

Trophy #491

I can never understand why people cant hold their keys for 2 mins while filling up. My keys go no where near the paint work :)

Arctic Blue 182
When going round a corner at speed it c***s its leg up. One of the back wheels come off the ground :) (see top gear review).

FF 182
When cold they idle lumpier than school chocolate pudding

when cold the rev limiter is set at 6850 and when warm it revs to 7250 (ish)

There is also a shift light on the limit

My derv sounds like its going to cut out idling when its really cold, after about a 2 minutes it will warm up and be fine.

Clio Dci

^^ this and they misfire/run crap for the first few minutes

FF 182
Really?? i thought all the 182's did it? If i get in mine and drive from cold, it holds back then suddenly leaps into life. doesnt matter what gear or speed, it jerks a little then its fine. Almost like the engine management is warming up

Clio 182
That the mirrors are heated, and the aircon models have a blue cover inside the glove box that you open to turn it into a cool box.

And the 182 cup has more front castor over the normal 182

Also how many sub 20yr old plebs drive them.

I've had 3 Clio 182s over the past 7-8 years and I only discovered the heated wing mirrors about a week ago. I never even knew about the cool box!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
what was fred @ BTM's one about them having faster piston movement than a Renault f1 engine or something?! due to the bore and stroke

Yeah the internal geometry is terrible so if you start to rev them you end up with horrific piston speeds that are far too high for optimum performance as the piston is practically running away from the flame front!

Clio
182 is the number of times Al Pacino says f**k in Scarface. This is thought to have come from the number of mornings a year that a 182 owner says f**k when trying to start their car.

''If you hold down the button on the wiper stalk, the one you press to toggle through the trip, with the ignition off and the turn the ignition on, but not the car on, it tells you exactly how many litres are in''

Pinched from another thread, which I now can't find.

Oooooo now this is a video I'd like to see.

They have a shift light. :)

Or an "Oi! r****d! You should have shifted up about 500rpm ago" light.

The Trophy comes with competition Sachs dampers that cost more than a Corsa to rebuild.

Throw it into a corner at a high enough speed, it c**ks its leg (though that's been mentioned!)

You can't go faster for less money

Too many of them end up getting broken as they get bought by people who can't be arsed to get the belts done or who are too lazy and let them snap. Help save them!

When mapped, those two exhausts on the back can make lots of fire.

Last edited: