ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup -->fiesta St

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
ive had a bash next to one at pod, and finished 1.1 seconds ahead of the new ST fiesta.....

adtmits said:
I wouldnt, they can picked up quite cheap though!!

Meant to be a great chasis though. Nice solid build. Not the best looking though!!

I think they look well nice, but perhaps just not mean enough :rasp:

I'd have one over a Focus ST and some other hatches.

funny how people are comparing a modified car to a standard car..

going on about you can modify them to 200bhp.
throw the same amoutn of cash at the 172 and it will still beat it.

Yamaha R6
I really like the Fiesta ST, very nice car.. The quality inside is impressive.. Very fitting drive too..

172 Cup
Fiesta ST's are nice cars and were never marketed to rival the Clio so it's a bit pointless slating them for not being "as fast".

Renaultsport Clio 182
Don't like the Fiesta ST myself. Doesn't look great, and with the stripes it looks awful. Performance doesn't sound great either, 130bhp/ton compared to the 172/182's which is over 160bhp/ton. I'd imagine there would be a big difference between the Fiesta ST and 172/182 out on the open road.

fiesta is a nice car i think im going to get one in a few months

performance isnt as good as a 182 as its 75kg heavier and 30bhp down handling well its subjective but to me it felt better than the 172

oh and that red fiesta has just had a £1200 BTB manifold and exhaust fitted sounds nice too :)

im really unsure what you guys keep going on about performance for its just one big pissing contest on here mines faster than yours nerr nerr etc

im sorry but there is more to cars than been able to have someone away from the lights

McBunny said:
oh and that red fiesta has just had a £1200 BTB manifold and exhaust fitted sounds nice too :)

im really unsure what you guys keep going on about performance for its just one big pissing contest on here mines faster than yours nerr nerr etc

im sorry but there is more to cars than been able to have someone away from the lights

Well said: Unless you are really involved in trackdays and drag meets it really doesn't matter that much in the real world. If you like the look of one car over another then get it.

Stripes are a bit dubious though - what odds do you reckon I'll get on a Mk3 RS Clio becoming available in white with blues stripes?

Scirocco GT 210
McBunny said:

I might as well sell up and buy a 1.2 then. Save me some money. :clown:

Steve2004 said:
I might as well sell up and buy a 1.2 then. Save me some money. :clown:

LOL!

if its not about speed.. why not just get the fiesta zetec-s then? slow, looks near enough the same, will be loads cheaper to insure, has the same chasis?

i like the options on the st :)
also i didnt like the ride in the zetec s as much

for during the week i drive the gf's ka so i get the economy that way :)

the biggest decider on the st was the gf she likes the white with blue stripes with full leather she also liked the fact she didnt need a 2 mile run up to overtake a horse like in the ka :p

but at the moment this is all pipe dream as i aint sold the vrs yet and 10 months is along time i may change my mind in the mean time :p i have been toying with the idea of possibly a tvr

I like my 182, I think the ST ain't too bad either. A lot of reviews in the motoring press actually rate the cheaper Zetec-S over the ST for ride and handling and how the 1.6 Duratech is much sweeter compared to the 2.0 Duratec engine.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
trailerparktrev said:
I like my 182, I think the ST ain't too bad either. A lot of reviews in the motoring press actually rate the cheaper Zetec-S over the ST for ride and handling and how the 1.6 Duratech is much sweeter compared to the 2.0 Duratec engine.

I think it was Evo magazine that said the cheaper 1.6 Zetec was better then the S.T, in one of the test fleet reviews.

Fletch123 said:
I think it was Evo magazine that said the cheaper 1.6 Zetec was better then the S.T, in one of the test fleet reviews.

Indeed, the Zetec-S is on 16s as well which obviously helps massively. Bit of a UK marketing bodge job with the ST I think, as other territories get 16s as standard on the ST.

Clio 172 mk2
Greg 172 said:
Well said: Unless you are really involved in trackdays and drag meets it really doesn't matter that much in the real world. If you like the look of one car over another then get it.

Stripes are a bit dubious though - what odds do you reckon I'll get on a Mk3 RS Clio becoming available in white with blues stripes?

Couldn't agree more

As far as I'm concered I've never like the Marque and those stripes are awful....so I won't be buying one:D

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport
I have a Fiesta ST. Owned it for 7 months and 10k miles now... Re reliability... touch wood it's been good so far, with just the stereo breaking (common fault which has now been replaced on the facelift).. But then my 2 Clios I had previously were hardly unreliable either...

I find the car a good ride, although it, understandably isn't as 'raw' as my old Williams.... Never driven a 172/182, so can't compare on that one...