ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172cup Wings Look A Differant Colour In Certain Angles

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
I was a bit worried that the front of my car had been sprayed at some point as from certain angles the front wings look a differant shade.

Took it to a mate who had a look and told me that because the wings are flared & the paint is pearescent the shade will look differant in certain lights and angles.

If you look straight on the colour look identical but if you look from the boot down or at an angle they look a differant shade.

My mate also said that because the wings are plastic the paint can site differantly than on metal.

Is all this true as im still unsure???

Any one else noticed this???

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I think they are all like it on the lighter colours.

Plus the plastic wings don't help.

Silver Clio's look even worse.

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
I think they are all like it on the lighter colours.

Plus the plastic wings don't help.

Silver Clio's look even worse.

Cheer mate you 've put my mind at rest.

I was almost sure it had'nt been in a smash as all the panels are spot on.

What 's made this worse is that someone asked me why my wing was a differant colour and ever since then I keep looking at it:mad:

Can anything be done about it??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its more to do with the way they are alot 'fatter'than the rest of the car, and therfore catch the light at different angles

MY04 Scooby STi
It is due to plastic wings. Its because you get different finishes on metal and plastic hence it looks like a different colour on the wings to the rest of the car in certain light