ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Gold 182: changed Exhaust tips to shorter stealth "diesel type"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  rps13
base model bumpers wont line up with the arches i wouldn't think

172 bumper sounds like the easier option

Gem

Racing Blue 182
This thread is certainly dividing opinion.

Doesn't sound like this has been thought through at all TBH.
Either:
Change it back and shorten up the system to make the tips sit better.

Or:
Suck it up and fork out the wedge for a 172 bumper and respray.

You cannot leave it as it is IMO and expect to be taken seriously. However, I respect that you're standing up for your car and doing what you want to do.

Cupra
There must be somebody with a 172 who wants a 182 rear bumper I would have thought. Quite a few people use the Ktech 182 lookalike exhaust on a 172 so if you put something up in the forsale section you might get some interest for a straight swap.

Clio 182
There must be somebody with a 172 who wants a 182 rear bumper I would have thought. Quite a few people use the Ktech 182 lookalike exhaust on a 172 so if you put something up in the forsale section you might get some interest for a straight swap.

Will do, cheers!

Mini Cooper S sport
You cannot leave it as it is IMO and expect to be taken seriously.

He's not intending to. I think he recognises it looks a bit s**t at the moment.

He'd probably have have avoided all the grief on here if he'd posted it when it was finished rather than as a WIP.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
True and good point LY.

The way I read it though was thats how he was going to leave it and then CS members did the decent think and persuaded to do the decent thing and 172 bumper it LOL.

Either way, it's his car and can do what he likes. :)

Gem

Racing Blue 182
He couldn't do anything else really could he lol?

On a more positive note, thats the damn good thing about CS...loads of members talking sense and willing to give out useful advice. Wise ;)

Black Gold Trophy
I think everyone knows that its his car and hes free to do what he wants with it,
and people are entitled to post they're opinion. Imagine if this thread was 135 posts of "its his car and he can do what he likes with it"

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I think everyone knows that its his car and hes free to do what he wants with it,
and people are entitled to post they're opinion. Imagine if this thread was 135 posts of "its his car and he can do what he likes with it"

;)

Black Gold Trophy
Ahh fail!

THEIR

sorry, I must have edited that post about 5 times before I posted it, hence why I made that mistake!

Clio 182
Well, at least my second post might turn to be one of the longest threads in the forum, that must count for something :clap:

Clio 182
Another idea I had was to go with something like this:

hello-kitty-exhaust-pipe.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I still dont see why if it was sticking out too much, you didnt cut say, 10-15mm out of the centre section? The pipes would then sit as they should, and save the heartache.

You could have done it for free, or if no tools, took it kwikfit to sort for £20!!!

Focus RS Mk1
Dont get too hung up on all the comments on this forum chap...ther are some people who are just on here to abuse any post possible.

personally i dont like it but if you like it and your happy then its fine! as long as your happy and you feel comfortable with the look then leave it!

i can see you idea i think but i think you need a 172 bumper to complete the look!

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
I don't get the stealth look (even finished cars, unlike this one). Why buy an RS Clio just to spoil it by fitting standard bumpers/taking Sport badges off/hiding tailpipes etc. Its not like the Clio's an absolute 'rapid' car to get the reaction of people thinking its a 1.2.

Keep it looking original. :cool:

seems a complicated way of doing things, changing exhausts and buying a new bumper and having it sprayed just to hide the exhaust. youll still see the tips and your car will look like a 172 from the rear so not exactly stealth either!

your money though

RS Megane DCi 175
As has been said a few times - fair enough you're going for the stealth look, but don't leave the holes in the bumper - get a 172 bumper on there if you must!

As said, you've failed at creating a "stealth look" because it's still going to look like a 172 anyway? What's the point?

182 Clio
how 2 wreck a nice 182 in two easy steps lol,mate put it next to a standard one you will see yours looks shocking (dont mean to be rude)

Status
Not open for further replies.