ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Gold 182: changed Exhaust tips to shorter stealth "diesel type"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I really like that - hope some of the haters will have a rethink now

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
What a loser.

A 182 with no cup packs and a 172 back end. Good luck selling that mate.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It's an opinion. Why buy a 182, and then complain because the back of it looks like a 182?

Hmmm, very loserish behaviour.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
^ There is no hatred, just saying that it has no cup packs, therefore already takes money off resale.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It's an opinion. Why buy a 182, and then complain because the back of it looks like a 182?

Hmmm, very loserish behaviour.

Its an opinion you should keep to yourself in MY opinion.

Would you like it if some called you a loser because you only had a Dynamique?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It probably wouldn't bother me, I can't afford anything else, and for my age it's a bloody decent car.

I just really don't see the logic of buying a 182 and then saying that the back of it looks too much like a sports/performance car.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Fair enough fella, but how many people buy cars (like the 172) that don't have a visible or small exhaust and fit a big one or 2 or 4 etc...

Would those people not buy that car because it has a hidden exhaust? or would they buy it anyway and fit the exhaust to achieve the look they wanted?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough fella, but how many people buy cars (like the 172) that don't have a visible or small exhaust and fit a big one or 2 or 4 etc...

Would those people not buy that car because it has a hidden exhaust? or would they buy it anyway and fit the exhaust to achieve the look they wanted?
I suppose, but due to the similarities of of the 172 and 182, I'd of looked at what I wanted from the car, and from what the guy is saying, he would have been better off getting a 172?

Just my input.

fad

Clio 182 FF
Looking for one but on Ebay there are very few and not THAT cheap.

Any recommendations where I could get one from at a good price?

BTW I was quoted £200 to have mine sealed and painted which is not cheap at all!

Keep an eye on here as every week it seems someone is breaking a 172/182!

Also they are cropping up at more and more breakers :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
johnny5.jpg

Someone mention input?

Clio 182
Iand for my age

Ok, we get it, you are young and you criticize whatever you find to be "uncool" but that does not mean that you should be disrespectful and you will realize soon enough in life that it does not get you anywhere fast (or slowly really).

Anyway, to answer your queries:
1. The car can be brought to OEM spec in just under an hour

2. I do not plan to sell the car for at least 4 years and at the time the shape of the bumper or the lack of the cup packs (which, with the coilovers that I expect to install in the future, along with the cams etc.) will be inconsequential.

3. This is my 10th car in the last 17 years and almost all of them have been modified, pictures of my last one, an Accord Type-R, you can see in the current Practical Performance Magazine and that had the spoiler and ALL badges removed. I am sure that I would have been decorated by a variety of adjectives by you and many other members here if I had asked you what you thought about that at the beginning of the project but what matters is that the magazine editor liked it as well as the buyer as it sold in less than a week after I advertised it.

My accord is here:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/928557.htm

And my slide show of all my previous cars can be found here:
http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo311/micloi/All my cars/?albumview=slideshow

And BTW if studying for a Doctorate, and at the same time teaching part time, at Oxford University qualifies me as a loser then I am happy to be one

Clio 182
Oh, and one more thing. The plan was from the beginning to fill the holes even though it was suggested by some people that I was not going to do that and I only decided to after I read all the "comments".

To prove this here is a post (my 5th one on this forum) which I copied from the 1st page of this thread:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: 182: changed Exhaust tips to shorter stealth "diesel type"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
You do realise that the rear 2 holes are a dead give away that your's is a sport?

My Reply:
That's going to be taken care of in due course.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clio 182
So why didnt you do this mod to your accord cos it has some massive exhausts......:p

The Accord was a massive car so it deserved the massive exhausts ;)
It came with the OEM exhaust and I changed it to that and then removed everything else that identified it as a Type-R. IMO this suited it best.

Each car has things that suit it, in my opinion the OEM exhausts do not suit the 182 at all. I know that the bumper will be from an 172 but the exhausts will be completely hidden from site so I suppose it will be a little different.

I bought the 182 for the power-to-weight ratio and the way it handles and not for the way it looks and I enjoy driving the car hard on the track and on the back roads while not being pushed to race by every kid in the street because my car looks like its fast.

After I removed the Accord's spoiler and badges no one tried to make me street race (which I never do) and I want the same for the Clio.

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
mate its your motor do what you want to it,there will always be people on a forum who will take the pizzle. just fookin ignore em. My 1st car was a mk1 fiesta in red with a black wing and beaten up to fook cos i used to come out of the pub at closing and dance on it. People used to take the piss out of it cos it was so shafted. They soon shut up when id pull up outside the pub and 12 peeps got out of it....it became a legend!!!

172 Cup
My 1st car was a mk1 fiesta in red with a black wing and beaten up to fook cos i used to come out of the pub at closing and dance on it. People used to take the piss out of it cos it was so shafted. They soon shut up when id pull up outside the pub and 12 peeps got out of it....it became a legend!!!

That post mad me LOL so much, omg dancing on it lol...........any pictures i gotta see it!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Why stealth an actual sport? I don't get it. If you're going to do that then you may as well bin the wheels, special body panels and everything else to get it looking like a bog standard Clio.

Clio 182
Why stealth an actual sport? I don't get it. If you're going to do that then you may as well bin the wheels, special body panels and everything else to get it looking like a bog standard Clio.

Ok, I will do that then if you sincerely believe it is the best option , I will replace the 182 wheels with some bog standard iron ones from an 1990 Renault 19.

As for the the body panels, I will just replace them with some black generic ones from a Skoda Favorit I found in a scrapyard not far from here.

Many thanks for the valuable information you provided in your post, this will really help me move ahead with this project.

C

Cupster

Don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet but you have mixed up your before and after shots - SURELY!

I bought the 182 for the power-to-weight ratio and the way it handles and not for the way it looks and I enjoy driving the car hard on the track and on the back roads while not being pushed to race by every kid in the street because my car looks like its fast.

I agree with the 100%.

I don't like the 182 exhausts either. 2 exhausts hanging out the back of a small hatchback provokes all kind of idiots into trying to 'race' you. The 182 exhausts are hardly anything to shout about anyway, the standard pipes are tiny!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
dont get the stealth crak like,182s look ideal how they are, stealth is a naughty 1.2 left standard on the outside with a sport engine droped in it, thatl put a smile on peoples faces wen they see it move, howay man, whos guna see urs n say "orrrr s**t look at that go, thort it was a 172 but it must be a 182, ne ones guna notice

alien green rs133
i feel the owner of this car is rather sensible really, i too dislike the 182 exhausts, prefer the single backbox of a 172 etc. some peoples repiles are rather childish and disrespectfull, although to be fair when it had the cut outs but diesel tips on show it looked poor i think thats something we can all agree on.

top marks for sarcasm :D

and nice to see your not part of the flock of sheep

keep us updated

Status
Not open for further replies.