ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup V Clio Williams

clio diesel
Thats just not true at all IME, the best way to make a mk1 handle in fact is to put the 172 front end on it with its wider track and extra caster.

And what if i like cars to handle differently to you?

What if i can deal with more oversteer than you?

What if i like to brake later than you?

What if you like to turn in more sharply than me?

Anyone who says any car 'handles' better than another should instantly be tared and featherd and have a novelty donkey tail stuck to their arse.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
^ agreed, Can't see Renault making an RS replacement and not improving on a newer car? it's a slower car and track times are slower all over, just a different car all together, like people have said, it's all about if you want one or not, if just for performance you need a 172 Cup over any of them.

There are lots of reasons people make a worse car as a replacement, normally things like changes in legislation etc.

However in the case of the mk1/mk2 clio that didnt happen, they evolved the front suspension and massively improved the rear, and they made numerous other improvements too like better economy from the F4R than the F7R with similar performance, aircon, and miles better rust prevention measures.

The mk2 is just better.

Even though I still prefer the mk1!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
And what if i like cars to handle differently to you?

What if i can deal with more oversteer than you?

What if i like to brake later than you?

What if you turn in more sharply than me?

Anyone who says any car 'handles' better than another should instantly be tared and feather and have a novelty donkey tail stuck to their arse.

If you like to brake later than me, then you will be needing mk2 brakes for sure lol, and I dont know of any good driver who wont comment on how a car handles from their perspective, its one of the key things about enjoying the drive of a car, so I have no idea why you would think that when people give an opinion on such a thing they have done something wrong.

clio diesel
If you like to brake later than me, then you will be needing mk2 brakes for sure lol, and I dont know of any good driver who wont comment on how a car handles from their perspective, its one of the key things about enjoying the drive of a car, so I have no idea why you would think that when people give an opinion on such a thing they have done something wrong.

Because you have no clue as to what you are on about. You dont even know the difference between an universal joint and a damper joint.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Because you have no clue as to what you are on about. You dont even know the difference between an universal joint and a damper joint.

I do as it happens, one is for angle change and one is for cutting out vibrations, so no idea where you got that impression from, and the williams has both in its column funnily enough, but I fail to see what relevance that has to this discussion TBH?

clio diesel
I do as it happens and the williams has both in its column funnily enough, but I fail to see what relevance that has to this discussion TBH?

Because you are doing what is common on forums. Rather than being objective and detailing the nature of the cars characteristic and being specific, you just say it 'handles better'. Which actually means nothing and is a waste of bandwidth and my time reading it. So you are saying nothing. Just making noise.

And apparently mk2s are 'better' but you own a mk1. Why not save up and buy a mk2 then if they are so good?

Your logic is infallible.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Because you are doing what is common on forums. Rather than being objective and detailing the nature of the cars characteristic and being specific, you just say it 'handles better'. Which actually means nothing and is a waste of bandwidth and my time reading it. So you are saying nothing. Just making noise.

Actually the irony there is thats what you were doing when you said that because the williams was intended for rallying it meant it had more grip pulling out of corners, of course it doesnt and if you knew anything about how the two cars suspension and transmissions you wouldn't make such a nonsense comment in the first place, yes the williams was developed to go rallying, but the mk2 was then developed on top of that anyway.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Only just seen your edit.

And apparently mk2s are 'better' but you own a mk1. Why not save up and buy a mk2 then if they are so good?

Your logic is infallible.

I own a mk1 and 3 mk2 clios currently.

And I have been tracking both mk1 and mk2 clios for a number of years, various evolutions of specs on both in terms of engines and suspension etc.

Next question?

p.s
Are you entering a competition where you have to know as little as possible about someone and then talk about them as if you actually have a clue, if so you are doing quite well I must say.