ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 remap

rSi

Silver 182
usual questions but Im really after finding an accessable (and good garage). Ive looked around and some of the links to garages are either dead or missing their page. Im thinking matched inlets, decat, ITG panel, remap.

1. most importantly Im at Southport (north west) and will have to travel over to Mansfield soon so looking for the best garage around me or very near m62.

2. if i have decat on standard exhaust will it be much louder and how much worse will the omissions be?

3. Im just being greedy and thinking if Im in the garage with car in bits why not get the inlets matched, then all the minor mods are done at once. So is the matched inlets work worth it?

4. should i save my money and stick with just ITG & remap.

Im not after bhp, Im after bringing that 5K power range down and getting a better overtaking resonse for nipping through traffic :race:

Ta

Si.

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
Buy yourself an RSTuner and that will deal with the remap. Search the site there are loads of threads on it.

http://www.fastchip.nl

Im not sure i'd bother with the filter, Pipercross will be cheaper than an ITG and people seem to think that there is no real difference between them.

rSi

Silver 182
mmm but i wanted it all setup and fitted at a garage first which is why I had read that RS Tuning was slightly better than tuner. I also thought that ITG panel was better than a cone due to the engine bay heat?!?

ta

Si.

Da

Less
RS Tuning in Leeds mate, RS Tuners are too 'generic' to get anything from the mods.

Have a look here for an idea on my gains.

Si

RS Clio 172
don't bother with any map unless your doing serious mods imo.

plus ITG will be fine. the standard airbox is pretty good really.

good name also.

rSi

Silver 182
yep chears on the name, i had a double take wondering when i had replied to myself :S

like i said its not about serious mods or big BHP gains. my exhaust braket has gone so needs replacing, my filter is manky, power band is too high in the rev range i feel, so why not go mad and get it all done at once :D

so looks like RS Tuning in Leeds is my best and really only option.

Last edited: