ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 turbo kit foam filter sizes and figures ive found???

clio 182
hi i need some help with these filters and figures ive found

my cars curretly at efi parts getting a turbo kit fitted, i wanted to get a full foam air filter for it (just preference) i was looking online for some and like the universal pipercross foam ones

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/universal-air-filters/pipercross-foam-top-rubber-neck-universal-air-filter

it has a dimension chart underneath and shows the max bhp flow rate. i have the the engine dynamics intercooler and pipe work and believe the fittment for the inside diameter for the air filter is 63mm "this location ingests more cold air down the full 63mm alloy intake pipe to the turbo..." (from engine dynamics.com)

so i assume thats the inside diameter i need or something similar.

the thing is the correct filter dimensions for their closest fittment at 65mm for upto 250bhp which is close to what it will be (230-240) are 200mm high by 150mm wide. that seems awfully big, thers already limited space under a 182 bonnet and seems much bigger than the filter that was suplied with the kit.

would i be able to put their smaller one on which is 150mm high by 100mm wide with 65mm inside diameter? it says on the site this is only good for 135bhp. i would of thought that size filter should be fine???

bit of a long winded question but i dont wanna order the wrong parts. thanks

also if any one has used a different universal foam filter with thers that works well id be interested.