ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182ff horrible feel

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My 182 is on 50k and has felt a bit horrible turning in to corners and in general like I fight to keep the front end going where I want it to. This is at relaxed driving speeds. The steering feels loose and i've asked on here before but i'm now fed up as it doesn't feel controllable or tight. I also get a bobbly feel on some roads that I did. What's more likely shocks worn or rack bushes or something else?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
That's what wondered but they aren't leaking and if I open the boot and bounce them they seem ok, be great if it is as that's simple

RS 182
In my experience, my rear shocks were gubbed, which caused mine to feel terrible when cornering. Felt like the back of the car skipped round corners, and i was constantly correcting it. But mine were visably leaking, so that was the first thing i changed. Been fonr ever since.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Hmm I wonder, it's not exactly an expensive fix but if it does nothing it would be annoying. What's the expected life on them anyway? My history doesn't show a change which would make them 10yrs old @50k so probably due new ones

RS 182
Hmm I wonder, it's not exactly an expensive fix but if it does nothing it would be annoying. What's the expected life on them anyway? My history doesn't show a change which would make them 10yrs old @50k so probably due new ones
Not sure on the life expectancy, probably determined by previous owners driving style etc etc.. But i'd say at 50k they might be due for renewal? Mines is a 54reg and had 68/69k and were badly needing done!

i got my set off ebay for less than £90 new, but as you say, would be annoyed if it made no difference!

182cup & 172 racecar
That's what wondered but they aren't leaking and if I open the boot and bounce them they seem ok, be great if it is as that's simple

You can't tell by doing this. You need to take the shock off and try it. All you are doing is bouncing on the spring.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm going to do it then, it's not worth having a 182 that if I can't enjoy it. Let you know how I get on, where's the cheapest place to get cup rear shocks?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Well that has to be the easiest job you can do on a 1*2, certainly feels a whole lot better even though the old shocks didn't feel much different to the new by hand.